Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1754. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Love the Bitcoin.
August 29, 2013, 09:43:49 PM
I'm totally ROFL and LMAO at the same time. Promises.
Activity: 692
Merit: 500
August 29, 2013, 09:42:12 PM

If they shipped in October you will have massive competition and difficulty. Hashfast promise on October 20th and theirs is only $14 per gh/s 28nm technology compares to $17.50 from KNC. Bitfury 56nm is guarantee also going to be out in October. That will be a great Oktoberfest.

Hashing power from HF is going to be enormous, with the purchase from their IPO plus the purchase from their customers.

So pray that Knc can deliver in Early September or we will all be fried and roasted. Better still hit your Refund and get it done with.

Hashfast never promised 20th October, they initially "expected" shipments to begin Oct 20-30th.  They then changed their wording after the fact to
Shipping
Shipments anticipated to begin: October 20-30, in order of purchase

Their internal timeline is to have chips in hand 64 days after tapeout, which corresponds to 31st October.  They then need to attach them to boards, assemble the rigs and ship them out.

Now whether chips in hand @ 28nm is possible 64 days after tape out is another question

With regards to ROI, well I am not refunding but here are today's charts
https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate
http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 29, 2013, 09:03:02 PM
For the power supplies, if I have a Jupiter and a Saturn, I could use a bigger power supply and run the extra PCI-E cords and power both devices with the same PSU, right?  That'd save a little bit of cash on the startup costs.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 29, 2013, 08:51:45 PM
Probably means his purchase date said they'd ship in October.
I'm with you, Sept. would be nice for us all, means that they really are on schedule which is good for any order.

If they shipped in October you will have massive competition and difficulty. Hashfast promise on October 20th and theirs is only $14 per gh/s 28nm technology compares to $17.50 from KNC. Bitfury 56nm is guarantee also going to be out in October. That will be a great Oktoberfest.

Hashing power from HF is going to be enormous, with the purchase from their IPO plus the purchase from their customers.

So pray that Knc can deliver in Early September or we will all be fried and roasted. Better still hit your Refund and get it done with.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 29, 2013, 08:25:58 PM
Probably means his purchase date said they'd ship in October.
I'm with you, Sept. would be nice for us all, means that they really are on schedule which is good for any order.
Activity: 714
August 29, 2013, 08:16:48 PM
you mean September, right?
Activity: 574
Mining for the hell of it.
August 29, 2013, 07:43:30 PM
Lets HOPE that knc delivers and will ship in October!
Activity: 588
August 29, 2013, 05:01:48 PM
Well, I can easily change the curve every time we see a difficulty increase.

I can also change the results using a bicubic regression, with better results on the long term.

I'd also keep in mind that before any KnC product there are tons of FPGAs and "first gen ASIC" boards that will be already unproductive and therefore switched off.

But yes, let's keep 11PH as the "ceiling" at the current Bitcoin price.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
August 29, 2013, 04:42:14 PM
Only for your anxiety, I've updated my numbers a bit!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgSa2BKZz0WudHVlQVc0NmNVaXJEUHdLS090dWptSEE&usp=sharing

15th of October - at this increase rate - seems to be the "deadline".
Please explain this graph.  What does it mean?

The point is just that the longer that they take to ship, the longer for the ROI.  If it ships quick, ROI could be weeks or a month, if it ships just a month later, it could take 3-4 months for ROI, so a short delay equals an exponentially longer ROI, or negative ROI.
Okay, so "according to this doc" if you're not hashing by Oct. 15th, you're fucked.  And everyone should stop hashing around May '14.  Yeah, it's pretty dumb, I hope it's wrong.

Guys, I'm not pretending to post "The Truth". Feel free to ignore my document, even if it's based on the very same assumptions of The Genesis Block mining calculator Smiley

Of course we'll never see 40 PH/s of network strength in April, but my graph should address that:
- at 3,6 PH/s, or 500,000,000 of difficulty, 400GH/s will grant 0.4 Bitcoin per day
- at about 11PH/s the difficulty will be 1.5 billions, and our beloved Jupiter will grant "just" 0.13 Bitcoin per day

If you find it annoying, simply forget any part of the document that goes beyond 11PH/s , the difference on the final revenues will be neglectible.

impressing work. thank you.
do you suggest that 11ph/s will be some kind of upper limit?  = 3.9 btc per month for a jupiter. with current btc price this would need 14 months for break even (without energy cost). let´s hope the price will rise as well as recently towards.. 400..?   = only 4.5 months break even. at 11ph/s. everything mined before would be profit.  Cheesy
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
August 29, 2013, 04:19:29 PM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgSa2BKZz0WudHVlQVc0NmNVaXJEUHdLS090dWptSEE&usp=sharing

The point is just that the longer that they take to ship, the longer for the ROI.  If it ships quick, ROI could be weeks or a month, if it ships just a month later, it could take 3-4 months for ROI, so a short delay equals an exponentially longer ROI, or negative ROI.
Okay, so "according to this doc" if you're not hashing by Oct. 15th, you're fucked.  And everyone should stop hashing around May '14.  Yeah, it's pretty dumb, I hope it's wrong.

Guys, I'm not pretending to post "The Truth". Feel free to ignore my document, even if it's based on the very same assumptions of The Genesis Block mining calculator Smiley

Of course we'll never see 40 PH/s of network strength in April, but my graph should address that:
- at 3,6 PH/s, or 500,000,000 of difficulty, 400GH/s will grant 0.4 Bitcoin per day
- at about 11PH/s the difficulty will be 1.5 billions, and our beloved Jupiter will grant "just" 0.13 Bitcoin per day

If you find it annoying, simply forget any part of the document that goes beyond 11PH/s , the difference on the final revenues will be neglectible.

The short side of the curve looks probable.  In the pre-order guesstimate threads we are looking @ 6 PH/s of preorders by end of December and that is assuming KNC is only 0.5 PH/s.  KNC has been one of the ones which it is difficult to estimate in aggregate because there is no die information (to estimate wafer batch size), no pre-release on total amounts, etc. 
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2013, 04:15:19 PM

I see this argument a lot.
And I have to ask: Is there a guarantee that the Bitcoin experiment will succeed?
Anyone signed a contract that btc price will always increment?

Why not?? Why not there is a chance that YES, no mining will be possible at some point until we reach a new equilibrium?

Are you one of those who can keep up mining whatever the circumstances?
Activity: 588
August 29, 2013, 04:09:43 PM

legendary
August 29, 2013, 03:40:11 PM
Since when is 0.11BTC = $32?  I mean, if it was I'd certainly like to know Grin

Oops.  It was late.  I misread 0.11 BTC per GH as 0.11 BTC per chip.  Still I don't see late 130nm as a viable option.  There is nothing wrong with 130nm in June 2013.  Look how quickly it allowed Avalon & ASICMiner to get "to market".  130nm in November?  I don't see it being attractive not when there is cheaper more efficient silicon.
250TH in September...

EDIT: For the network difficulty part, users will have them later for sure (2nd batch)
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
August 29, 2013, 03:32:48 PM
Since when is 0.11BTC = $32?  I mean, if it was I'd certainly like to know Grin

Oops.  It was late.  I misread 0.11 BTC per GH as 0.11 BTC per chip.  Still I don't see late 130nm as a viable option.  There is nothing wrong with 130nm in June 2013.  Look how quickly it allowed Avalon & ASICMiner to get "to market".  130nm in November?  I don't see it being attractive not when there is cheaper more efficient silicon.

Merit: 501
August 29, 2013, 03:16:41 PM
You too.....

THIS USER IS CURRENTLY IGNORED.
legendary
August 29, 2013, 03:15:34 PM
EDIT 2 to my previous post:

If I had the money I would buy a day 1,2,3 refund here... Cry
And then decreasing my day counters in agony  Grin
Merit: 501
August 29, 2013, 03:15:19 PM
Oh come on - quoting Kuroth?  Just hit ignore....
Activity: 532
August 29, 2013, 03:13:46 PM
I would go Bitfury mate, sorry...
EVEN NOW I would prefer October BF than October KnC because a chip exists 100%.

EDIT: BTW missed both these trains, oh well...

Klee I don't understand your beef. If you still have an order as you claim, and you are unhappy, go ask for your refund.

Why continue tormenting yourself, when you clearly aren't confident?
No orders with anyone thank God (as it turned out to be). Only stock trading!
What's the beef, upset? No worries, you have plenty of time until 10 October Wink

He works for KNC and jumps on anyone that says anything negative..  Dont feel bad, he does it to everyone. Even tries and dig up dirt on people and then post it here..   Just ignore that POS..

Lol. Roll Eyes
legendary
August 29, 2013, 03:13:11 PM

Klee I don't understand your beef. If you still have an order as you claim, and you are unhappy, go ask for your refund.

What's the beef, upset? No worries, you have plenty of time until 10 October Wink

Lol, i'm cool bud. No worries. Tongue
98% out of my ass statistics that you will ROI mate! Smiley
But buy some Labcoin stocks for hedge Tongue

EDIT: Shameless promotion
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
August 29, 2013, 03:12:10 PM

He works for KNC and jumps on anyone that says anything negative..  Dont feel bad, he does it to everyone. Even tries and dig up dirt on people and then post it here..   Just ignore that POS..

Jump to: