Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1758. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
August 29, 2013, 08:25:08 AM
HashFast, Cointerra, KnC pending...

they will have 28nm chips.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2013, 08:23:37 AM
Now tell me again, who is late for the game??

Sure not Bitfury, BTCGarden or Labcoin.

HashFast, Cointerra, KnC pending...
legendary
August 29, 2013, 08:22:08 AM
LOL you doubt they will sell out??
Even damn erupters sell out every time...

This is $32 per GH/s for raw chips.  Complete systems would be closer to $50 a GH/s.  No I don't think expensive raw chips using up to 10x as much power as competitors being released in November will be popular at all.

Like you said people could just buy block eruptors, get them in a couple days with no risk.  Who wants overpriced, obsolete 130nm chips in November from a company with no rep that bombed their IPO because they got trolled.

At this stage is very important to ship a product immediatelly, not its effectivity, as many dont know how to use profit calculators and are affraid they miss the boat
This too! It is a race against time IMHO more than of quality (watts/ghs etc)...

Err...I think they know this which is why margins upon margins is wayyyy more important that anyone else's claims to be more efficient.

That said, competitors have to claim some form of compelling something as they are late to the game, and thus they cannot afford margins upon margins, but only promise a best case scenario based on simulated expectation, which history so far has told us is unlikely to be the case...
They and labcoin have chips (for labcoin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3034787).

KnC??
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 29, 2013, 07:45:26 AM

I suggest "We are all made of stars..."

You can either credit Moby or Neil DeGrasse Tyson
http://www.awakenedamerican.com/content/we-are-all-made-star-dust-we-are-all-one

pretty good...Wink
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 29, 2013, 07:44:29 AM

I suggest "We are all made of stars..."

You can either credit Moby or Neil DeGrasse Tyson
http://www.awakenedamerican.com/content/we-are-all-made-star-dust-we-are-all-one
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 29, 2013, 07:43:46 AM

This is $32 per GH/s for raw chips.  Complete systems would be closer to $50 a GH/s.  No I don't think expensive raw chips using up to 10x as much power as competitors being released in November will be popular at all.

Like you said people could just buy block eruptors, get them in a couple days with no risk.  Who wants overpriced, obsolete 130nm chips in November from a company with no rep that bombed their IPO because they got trolled.

At this stage is very important to ship a product immediatelly, not its effectivity, as many dont know how to use profit calculators and are affraid they miss the boat
This too! It is a race against time IMHO more than of quality (watts/ghs etc)...

Err...I think they know this which is why margins upon margins is wayyyy more important that anyone else's claims to be more efficient.

That said, competitors have to claim some form of compelling something as they are late to the game, and thus they cannot afford margins upon margins, but only promise a best case scenario based on simulated expectation, which history so far has told us is unlikely to be the case...
legendary
August 29, 2013, 07:09:31 AM

This is $32 per GH/s for raw chips.  Complete systems would be closer to $50 a GH/s.  No I don't think expensive raw chips using up to 10x as much power as competitors being released in November will be popular at all.

Like you said people could just buy block eruptors, get them in a couple days with no risk.  Who wants overpriced, obsolete 130nm chips in November from a company with no rep that bombed their IPO because they got trolled.

Activity: 195
Merit: 100
August 29, 2013, 07:07:30 AM

Activity: 539
Merit: 517
August 29, 2013, 06:29:46 AM
Yes, the "Paperclip trick" need be employed when not using the MB plug, which sends the on/off signal. Example...On Corsair Power Supplies, you jumper the green pin & any black pin on the 24 pin MB connector.
A paperclip isn't professional, trust me Wink
Just use one of these : http://www.amazon.com/Pin-SATA-Power-Supply-Tester-Black/dp/B00AZZR30A/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1377771843&sr=1-1&keywords=power+supply+tester
It will turn on the power supply and will warn you if the PSU has a problem.
legendary
August 29, 2013, 03:54:42 AM

Let's wait and see... Smiley
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
August 29, 2013, 03:54:18 AM
What I am trying to say is that this is not an ordinary market (as you all know of course).
Normal business plans do not apply here.

See Avalon - what if it finally failed? All these chips sooner or later will be hashing...

And soon they won't be hashing.  Not using >8J/GH. 
donator
Gerald Davis
August 29, 2013, 03:53:30 AM

legendary
August 29, 2013, 03:52:55 AM
What I am trying to say is that this is not an ordinary market (as you all know of course).
Normal business plans do not apply here.

See Avalon - what if it finally failed? All these chips sooner or later will be hashing...
legendary
August 29, 2013, 03:51:32 AM
While you waste your time for slogans:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3033042

"We are planning to tapeout 1500TH+ chips in Sep(i,e, the 2nd batch of 1st gen chips of btcgarden. The 1st batch of 250TH of 1st gen chips will be in hand soon and will be deployed in china as you might knew) ,all of these 1500TH will be in hand in the mid of Nov,"

Bye bye ROI...
You're right, their ROI will be fucked by KNC shipping.
They do not care...

So they want to lose money?  Awesome.  Problem solves itself.
See my edit!

The pattern here the pattern! All of these companies wanna flood the market with hashes - no matter if they will succeed or not. For every chinese company that will close 2 will emerge, mark my words. As for US ones...funds will not be an issue...
donator
Gerald Davis
August 29, 2013, 03:49:24 AM

"We are planning to tapeout 1500TH+ chips in Sep(i,e, the 2nd batch of 1st gen chips of btcgarden. The 1st batch of 250TH of 1st gen chips will be in hand soon and will be deployed in china as you might knew) ,all of these 1500TH will be in hand in the mid of Nov,"

Bye bye ROI...
They do not care...

So they want to lose money?  Awesome.  Problem solves itself.
legendary
August 29, 2013, 03:49:03 AM

Bye bye ROI...

130nm, $32 per GH/s (chips only complete system would be more).
High price and high power consumption.  I imagine they will be insanely popular.
Who cares about what you (an ordinary customer) say? Plan is to flood the market with Chinese (or US) hashes...

They said they lack the capabilities to build large number of boards.  They wish to sell chips @ $32 per GH/s.  Like I said real popular.  $32 per GH/s in November is about as competitive as building a GPU farm today.   I wouldn't be worried if they announced that either.

There are a lot of risks to mining but some johnny come lately with limited funding, using an obsolete process, and offering chips at stupid prices isn't one of them.  I will worry about things worth worrying about.
legendary
August 29, 2013, 03:48:17 AM

Bye bye ROI...
They do not care...

EDIT: I mean this is their customers issue not theirs - they sell chips...
donator
Gerald Davis
August 29, 2013, 03:43:32 AM

Bye bye ROI...

High price and high power consumption.  I imagine they will be insanely popular.
Who cares about what you (an ordinary customer) say? Plan is to flood the market with Chinese (or US) hashes...

They said they lack the capabilities to build large number of boards.  They wish to sell chips @ $32 per GH/s.  Like I said real popular.  $32 per GH/s in November is about as competitive as building a GPU farm today.   I wouldn't be worried if they announced that either.

There are a lot of risks to mining but some johnny come lately with limited funding, using an obsolete process, and offering chips at stupid prices isn't one of them.  I will worry about things worth worrying about.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
August 29, 2013, 03:42:12 AM

Bye bye ROI...
legendary
August 29, 2013, 03:36:27 AM

Bye bye ROI...

High price and high power consumption.  I imagine they will be insanely popular.
Jump to: