Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1789. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 446
Merit: 250
August 24, 2013, 12:09:18 AM
Certainly never paid anything on what I've received under $1000

However, my BAS that I paid for was (as expected) marked at the full price by BFL ... and unexpectedly, no customs charges.

So I guess sometimes it can get through unscathed.

I assume  BFL are not declaring the value on goods, KNC have stated that they will be legit and mark goods in the value of USD at time of purchase, which could be a pain if the Aussie dollar drops even further.

EDIT didnt see your BAS was marked by BFL, are you registered as a business and running btc?
August 24, 2013, 12:07:06 AM
LOL, Australian duty is a pain, I hope it gets through without GST:

Total customs value (FOB):   AU$24510.52   
This is the amount that customs values your import at
- Duty:   AU$0.00
- Customs Service Fee:   AU$55.20
- GST:   AU$2488.93
Total import duty & taxes due:   AU$2544.13   
This is the amount that needs to be paid to customs
Total landed cost:   AU$27433.45   
This is the total cost of importing, including product, shipping, insurance and import duty & taxes
at USD/AUD exchange rate of 1.1141

I read this thread on whirlpool and went for hosting ! I was worried about the potential for delivery being held up at customs.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2132715

I'm not sure exactly how the tax is calculated but I got a surprise a couple of weeks ago, items totalling $1584 (including shipping) were taxed at 23%, I was expecting to pay 15%. I think there are 'customs processing fees' and some other crap tacked on there to milk a few extra bucks out of me. Now I don't feel so bad for receiving so many deliveries in the past where the retailer has written-down the invoice...

One thing to remember is as soon as the value of the goods exceeds $1000, the tax is applied to goods *and* shipping.

Bloody hell 23%, thats a kick in the nuts. I was organising local pickup then realised I couldnt insure the goods as customs will know the value. I'm hoping for 10% at most, will let the dice roll and see what happens.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
August 24, 2013, 12:03:46 AM
Certainly never paid anything on what I've received under $1000

However, my BAS that I paid for was (as expected) marked at the full price by BFL ... and unexpectedly, no customs charges.

So I guess sometimes it can get through unscathed.
Activity: 692
Merit: 500
August 23, 2013, 11:33:39 PM

This is the total cost of importing, including product, shipping, insurance and import duty & taxes

I read this thread on whirlpool and went for hosting ! I was worried about the potential for delivery being held up at customs.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2132715

I'm not sure exactly how the tax is calculated but I got a surprise a couple of weeks ago, items totalling $1584 (including shipping) were taxed at 23%, I was expecting to pay 15%. I think there are 'customs processing fees' and some other crap tacked on there to milk a few extra bucks out of me. Now I don't feel so bad for receiving so many deliveries in the past where the retailer has written-down the invoice...

One thing to remember is as soon as the value of the goods exceeds $1000, the tax is applied to goods *and* shipping.
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
August 23, 2013, 11:14:38 PM
I've never paid GST on imported items

EVER (yay for eBay and overwhelming customs with parcels)

Cheesy
August 23, 2013, 11:09:24 PM
Oh there'll definitely be GST Wink

Damn that's gonna sting. Well at least mine only needs about 730$ payment to customs.

You can get lucky sometimes and it passes through without GST.
Activity: 280
Hell?
August 23, 2013, 11:01:18 PM

Damn that's gonna sting. Well at least mine only needs about 730$ payment to customs.

hst? shit.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
August 23, 2013, 10:58:27 PM

August 23, 2013, 10:01:59 PM

Activity: 462
August 23, 2013, 07:03:06 PM

So US residents basically get it for a around 7015USD and us in Europe have to pay 20% VAT on top on average.

What if the miner was billed including VAT - do US residents claim that back somehow or don't pay it at all?

But think of all the VALUE added to your nations from that tax!  Grin

also, we in the USA are SUPPOSE to pay sales tax for most everything. (except a few states, which advertise that heavily for holiday buyers)  
We do when we buy in state at the counter, but when we buy across sate lines that is on a trust system..  we are suppose to add that to our taxes each year...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 23, 2013, 07:02:55 PM
US doesn't pay VAT - not charged initially if being shipped to the US.

(Yet.  Shhh.  Don't give the government any ideas...)
August 23, 2013, 07:00:35 PM
mine shown $50 for merchandize fee and no duty fees  (I listed them as servers)

paid to customs.. not sure how

and this is for two saturns upgraded to jupiters
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 23, 2013, 06:59:54 PM
Glad one part of my two answers got some good debate going.

The laundering was a throw in to first point of buying miners with credit cards since bitcoins via cc's is pretty much null.

also, with 0% intro's and 1% cash back I already have ~$150 ROI on my two Saturns>Jupiters upgrades   Roll Eyes

USA based?

yup

Just curious - I assume you pay VAT. What about any other import duties or taxes?
Basically for a $6999 Jupiter how much will the final costs be including delivery and all taxes + VAT?

They don't have VAT in the U.S.

They do have a sales tax in most States, although it's not consistent.

That generally bounces between 5% and 10%.

There maybe an import duty of some kind?

According to this, I guess if it's classed as computer hardware, it's duty free, with a $25 merchandising fee;

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

So US residents basically get it for a around 7015USD and us in Europe have to pay 20% VAT on top on average.

What if the miner was billed including VAT - do US residents claim that back somehow or don't pay it at all?
August 23, 2013, 06:56:05 PM
I've been told to expect UPS to collect some import duties when they deliver the machines.  Don't know how much....

Sorry I edited above, but this may help;

So it looks like about $25 per unit, plus some unknown amount of UPS fee:

UPS charges include:
a disbursement fee of minimum $5,
a transportation handling fee and
a pre-release notification fee for import shipment
Activity: 532
August 23, 2013, 06:51:22 PM
I've been told to expect UPS to collect some import duties when they deliver the machines.  Don't know how much....

Sorry I edited above, but this may help;

August 23, 2013, 06:48:47 PM
Activity: 532
August 23, 2013, 06:46:40 PM

The laundering was a throw in to first point of buying miners with credit cards since bitcoins via cc's is pretty much null.

also, with 0% intro's and 1% cash back I already have ~$150 ROI on my two Saturns>Jupiters upgrades   Roll Eyes

USA based?

yup

Just curious - I assume you pay VAT. What about any other import duties or taxes?
Basically for a $6999 Jupiter how much will the final costs be including delivery and all taxes + VAT?

They don't have VAT in the U.S.

They do have a sales tax in most States, although it's not consistent.

That generally bounces between 5% and 10%.

There maybe an import duty of some kind?

According to this, I guess if it's classed as computer hardware, it's duty free, with a $25 merchandising fee;

August 23, 2013, 06:35:41 PM

also, with 0% intro's and 1% cash back I already have ~$150 ROI on my two Saturns>Jupiters upgrades   Roll Eyes

USA based?

yup

August 23, 2013, 06:31:11 PM

also, with 0% intro's and 1% cash back I already have ~$150 ROI on my two Saturns>Jupiters upgrades   Roll Eyes

USA based?

yup
August 23, 2013, 05:57:22 PM

USA based?
Jump to: