Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1793. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
August 23, 2013, 01:54:05 AM
I just called KNC from USA and no answer....lunch time.....called again couple minutes later and got an answer....althought not what I wanted to hear...arrggghhhh

BUT on the other hand, they didn't try to get at my money like a potential scam most likely would have....so all in all postive.
Wait, so you like called them when it was like 4am in Sweden? That's kind of a jerky thing to do :\

Hey Anenome5, I called them at what I thought was lunch time Sweden, but the BITCOIN NETWORK NEVER SLEEPS, and neither should a company that is selling items that are supposed to work 24/7, I would hope that the price I paid for my KNC dream, comes with 24/7 support..so if it was 4 am, I don't think it was 'JERKY', then so be it!
Activity: 252
August 23, 2013, 12:17:01 AM
They contacted us to start with, as I said before, with plans and time lines.
None of their plans and time lines supplied to us have eventuated ... so far ...
Unsurprisingly, since you were supposed to get the Mars miner to work with. Since that changed I don't know why you and others keep thinking that didn't change everything for you guys.
August 23, 2013, 12:15:23 AM
I just called KNC from USA and no answer....lunch time.....called again couple minutes later and got an answer....althought not what I wanted to hear...arrggghhhh

BUT on the other hand, they didn't try to get at my money like a potential scam most likely would have....so all in all postive.
Wait, so you like called them when it was like 4am in Sweden? That's kind of a jerky thing to do :\
August 23, 2013, 12:12:31 AM
Considering October delivery, is it still worth it for me to place an order today for a Jupiter or Saturn? Will I at the very least see ROI?

Well if you got a Jupiter Oct 1 and you started mining right away ..(Roi 57 days)

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/b90f2d07ff

If you got it NOV 1 then you wont see ROI

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/8ab0181416

That's at the current bitstamp btc price approximately $112 not the goxed btc price. Of course its also guesstimating the difficulty climb.

Maybe someone else can chime in .. im a bit biased as i dont think its a good time to by a miner. I was once critical of KNC but not so much now.

They actually look good and as long as they can stick to the deadlines without hiccups they will have a good run at the asic space.

You are mistaking ROI and break-even (like most do in here).

ROI is the profit ("return") you get from an investment. You can have a low or a high ROI, but if you have a ROI you have reached break-even for sure.

Break-even means you recoup all your investment

Most of people in here uses ROI as a synonym for break even, which is nonsense.

It's not non-sense, it's a shortcut for that exact meaning, akin to colloquialism. When I say "achieve ROI" I mean the device achieves positive ROI, which implies it has reached the breakl-even point, quite obviously.

But no one gets excited about breaking even. We're all doing this to achieve positive ROI, but that's clumsy to say, so we just say 'achieve ROI. The continuum of ROI is implied:

< --- negative ROI --- |break-even| --- positive ROI, or just "ROI" --- >

I, for one, will continue using the term ROI to mean exactly this, and I doubt very many similarly using it are unaware of the meanings involved and therefore using it unknowingly wrongly.

TL;DR: language usage evolves organically, thus the prhase 'achieve ROI' means 'surpass break-even point and achieve positive-ROI.'
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
August 23, 2013, 12:01:37 AM
It amazes me that people are talking about a fast motorcycle ride instead of about the KNCminer PCB article on their site which has been up for over a day now.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 22, 2013, 11:26:45 PM
A) surface-mounted pair of resistors
B) tamper-evident trim-pot
C) software-programmable voltage divider.

Wouldn't it be possible to use a software-programmable voltage system that could 'record' somehow if any settings were altered? Like a tiny EEPROM chip that records the time and date of manual voltage settings until it runs out of space?
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
August 22, 2013, 11:08:15 PM
I've told you guys before, mainland Europe has it's own express service direct from Stockholm;

http://youtu.be/KwicTKbWam4
Watched the whole thing... That's so insane!  lol

I puckered at 3:26

I was nervous the whole time
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
August 22, 2013, 10:23:42 PM
I've told you guys before, mainland Europe has it's own express service direct from Stockholm;

I puckered at 3:26
legendary
Activity: 1512
@theshmadz
August 22, 2013, 09:43:02 PM

So what would you guys want to see in the shipping configuration:

A) surface-mounted pair of resistors
B) tamper-evident trim-pot
C) software-programmable voltage divider.

I would vote C if they would offer warranty under those allowances, but otherwise...

I'd vote for B.

Usually I'll run something at default settings for a few days or weeks until I'm fairly sure it's gonna be ok. (no excessive heat or hot spots, funny smells, etc...)

Then I'll try to OC the hell out of that something.

In my world, it's still nice to have some kind of warranty, but I don't want to be locked in.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
August 22, 2013, 09:38:41 PM
I just hope the Jupiter can hash as fast as the ghost rider ride!
The fastest Jupiters will be from Day 69 of production:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUs1_OKQRwI#t=150

They will have such a high toggle rate that they will simply blast through the blocks.

legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
August 22, 2013, 09:34:56 PM
"Now offering same-day global delivery"

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
August 22, 2013, 09:23:39 PM

I just hope the Jupiter can hash as fast as the ghost rider ride!
legendary
LIR DEV
August 22, 2013, 09:05:29 PM

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 22, 2013, 08:49:37 PM

legendary
LIR DEV
August 22, 2013, 08:27:31 PM
Looks like a nice size UPS hub, right there in Stockholm too

Bet that helps a bit on speedy shipping...  They could even drive them to the hub nearby
A few "Hail Mary's" to bless that plane.....   Tongue
Activity: 322
August 22, 2013, 08:26:01 PM
It's like, oh my God, what if it's raining in Sweden on a Friday and one of the shipping clerks has an accident on the way to work and doesn't get there until two hours late and the pickup van shows up just before they start to put my order in a box and it doesn't go out until Monday, and then on Monday what if the power goes out in all of Europe and when it comes back on nobody notices my order sitting on a conveyor belt and what if someone pushes the go button and my order slips out of sight and they misplace the paperwork and never ship my order until it gets found on Wednesday.  Oh.  My.  God...
has anybody actually received and orders?

I got mine on Tuesday.

Keep with the funny!
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 22, 2013, 08:24:38 PM
It's like, oh my God, what if it's raining in Sweden on a Friday and one of the shipping clerks has an accident on the way to work and doesn't get there until two hours late and the pickup van shows up just before they start to put my order in a box and it doesn't go out until Monday, and then on Monday what if the power goes out in all of Europe and when it comes back on nobody notices my order sitting on a conveyor belt and what if someone pushes the go button and my order slips out of sight and they misplace the paperwork and never ship my order until it gets found on Wednesday.  Oh.  My.  God...

..and then the couriers get it to juggle with and load into vans with a trebuchet. There's my main fear.
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 22, 2013, 08:22:43 PM
has anybody actually received and orders?

I got mine on Tuesday.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 22, 2013, 08:11:53 PM
It's like, oh my God, what if it's raining in Sweden on a Friday and one of the shipping clerks has an accident on the way to work and doesn't get there until two hours late and the pickup van shows up just before they start to put my order in a box and it doesn't go out until Monday, and then on Monday what if the power goes out in all of Europe and when it comes back on nobody notices my order sitting on a conveyor belt and what if someone pushes the wrong button and my order slips out of sight and they misplace the paperwork and never ship my order until it gets found on Wednesday.  200 orders placed after mine could ship out ahead of mine!   That's completely UNFAIR!

I demand photographic proof that KNCminer has policies in place to prevent shipping clerks from coming to work late on rainy Fridays, or it's a scam, I tell you.

Oh.  My.  God...
Activity: 812
Merit: 502
August 22, 2013, 08:08:27 PM
350 pages of epicness Smiley
Jump to: