Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1870. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Learn to go against your mind
August 09, 2013, 05:25:13 AM
Thanks to keep us on track!
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LIR DEV
August 09, 2013, 05:20:31 AM
I just used skype to initiate a conference call between myself, my mate in Toowoomba, and called KNC, and to my surprise, Andreas Kennmar answered the tele!
We didn't keep him on the tele for long, but we asked a few relevant Q's I'll share
The first Q was my asking him about the possibility of watercooling the miners. The short explanation is no, they won't be designed for it, but is slated for gen2
Are we on track with delivery?...  Yes, we're in front.
Power supplies final specs?  Not as of yet, but there will be a new spec announcement soon with recommendations.
 Grin
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
August 09, 2013, 05:14:31 AM
Difficulty now above 40,000,000.  Hope things are on fast track.

Not only that, avalon next generation chip is expected to deliver in mid October. And they are not using pre-sale tactic any longer.

Difficulty is 37,392,766 or Am I missing something?

Should have been "Next estimated difficulty" I guess.

No, next estimated is 48,739,191 in 4.9 days.  Shocked

It looks like we'll be at 65 on sep 13.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
August 09, 2013, 05:11:43 AM

Not only that, avalon next generation chip is expected to deliver in mid October. And they are not using pre-sale tactic any longer.

No, next estimated is 48,739,191 in 4.9 days.  Shocked
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 09, 2013, 03:56:18 AM
Running any KnC kit delivered in Nov makes grim reading on the calculator here if it's anywhere close to right http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ especially since the October figures would be for kit delivered at the start of that month which is unlikely for most of us. I hope their 75% increase has taken the KnC rigs into account.

BFL peeps who have yet to see their box must read that with tears in their eyes.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
August 09, 2013, 03:44:24 AM

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
August 09, 2013, 03:25:45 AM

legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
August 09, 2013, 02:53:09 AM
Hey..O'rama.. Do you remember offhand if we will be able to use a standard size cpu watercooler? I think I remember it mentioned in the openday rept?
legendary
Activity: 1067
August 09, 2013, 02:14:46 AM
Kncminer only have life expectancy of 6 months if the current projection of difficulty is accurate. That also assume btc value stay above 90.

Activity: 446
August 09, 2013, 01:36:26 AM
I doubt there will be a spike in KNCminer sales until more detailed information is released about their progress.

Maybe, but this is a real chance for KNC to emerge as one of the winners, I just hope they don't let this opportunity go to waste.
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 09, 2013, 01:34:51 AM
I doubt there will be a spike in KNCminer sales until more detailed information is released about their progress.
August 09, 2013, 01:28:28 AM
I'd say its worse news for Avalon's new chip than for us. They're selling chips, not full machines, so there's another month lag time at least, and they may not see people buying as much as they hope if KNC ships. The door on ASIC profitability is closing and people who get their ROI covered will be sitting pretty and then it won't make sense for others to jump into the game.

Exactly! ^^^ Imagine all the misery this is causing not just for chip buyers but for  BKKcoins, burnins, terrahash and the rest. Interesting times ahead. I foresee a spike in KNCminers sales as well.
Activity: 252
August 09, 2013, 01:21:56 AM
I'd say its worse news for Avalon's new chip than for us. They're selling chips, not full machines, so there's another month lag time at least, and they may not see people buying as much as they hope if KNC ships. The door on ASIC profitability is closing and people who get their ROI covered will be sitting pretty and then it won't make sense for others to jump into the game.
August 09, 2013, 01:12:04 AM
Yeah that's bad news for KNC pre-orderees. Difficulty is definitely going to be jumping up massively after October.

ROI should be good if it's shipped around early Sept otherwise things gonna look bad. Any delays and ROI is pretty much gone.

Avalons chip problems are great news for us, a possible delay or no delivery means better ROI for KNC customers. A delay on chips is pretty much the same as if they were delivered 5 weeks ago.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
August 09, 2013, 12:47:13 AM
Yeah that's bad news for KNC pre-orderees. Difficulty is definitely going to be jumping up massively after October.

ROI should be good if it's shipped around early Sept otherwise things gonna look bad. Any delays and ROI is pretty much gone.
legendary
Activity: 1067
August 09, 2013, 12:27:15 AM

legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 08, 2013, 11:50:29 PM
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 08, 2013, 11:00:59 PM
"Thus" ...that implies that businesses have no legal protection when they buy stuff, which would, for example, spell doom for all retailers who are businesses who buy everything they sell on to consumers who have rights that they don't?

They have enough negotiating leverage to work out specific deals with suppliers for how to deal with returns.  So for example, Walmart will be able to send back returned stuff to the manufacturer because that's the deal they work out.

Anyway, non-lawyers really shouldn't be trying to do legal analysis.  You'd need to a lawyer based in Sweeden to tell you the legality of that T&C. Speculating about it is just a waste of time really.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
August 08, 2013, 10:33:54 PM
By buying their products you are agreeing to the T&C and thus explicitly agreeing that you are acting as a business and thus "forfeiting" consumer rights.

Wow, that's how it works? The website just needs to have the words "for business use only" and they avoid all consumer rights laws?

No it's not how it works. In fact the law says that terms and conditions need to be reasonable. You can't just add all kinds of rubbish to suit your needs.

That line made me laugh, it's total bollocks.

"Thus" ...that implies that businesses have no legal protection when they buy stuff, which would, for example, spell doom for all retailers who are businesses who buy everything they sell on to consumers who have rights that they don't?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 08, 2013, 09:52:56 PM

Amex Policy within the States is 60 days - which is crap considering how much people rave about Amex customer service. The only card that I have found which has an unlimited dispute window is Discovercard but require documentation. However, it still remains to be seen whether their unlimited dispute promise has any teeth or not.

I just spoke with Discover today, and they said their chargeback/dispute window is 90 days.

That's not what I have recorded on audio. I called on June 3rd and they gave me a much different answer.

I think he's in the states and you're in the UK?
Jump to: