Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1905. (Read 3049501 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Will KNC allow individuals who purchased their hardware but are not utilizing the hosting service from byteminr to participate in their mining pool?  

If not, how come?  (ie.  is it a programming nightmare to only allow KNC machines to access the pool and reject other mining hardware?)
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
To be kept informed please just register for our newsletter on www.byteminr.com

i tried several times but:

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please e-mail us at [email] and let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

sorry but i didn't find ur mail address  Cool

Are you still having problems? I see someone registered about 5 times :-). Can you tell me what browser  / OS you're using? The forms are working fine right now.

Thanks

byteminr support
[email protected]
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Im not sure if its worth to buy a Mercury device ?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

There's a button top right of the homepage, and under FAQ (bottom) seems to be the form;

http://www.byteminr.com/faq

i filled the damn form several times, but when i click "submit" shows me the 500 i. error
ironically i can't let them know what i "were doing when this error occurred " by mailing them Wink

however no prob, i'll check periodically the site

Turn's out it's Sam's bro...

family busyness  Cool

Make that plural, under company directors there looks like another, ironically I don't live a million miles away from there...
Activity: 728
Crypto-ideologist

There's a button top right of the homepage, and under FAQ (bottom) seems to be the form;

the problem is that

i filled the damn form several times, but when i click "submit" shows me the 500 i. error
ironically i can't let them know what i "were doing when this error occurred " by mailing them Wink

however no prob, i'll check periodically the site

Turn's out it's Sam's bro...

family busyness  Cool

Something is broken. Please e-mail us at [email] and let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Turn's out it's Sam's bros...

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/08595861-byteminr-limited
Activity: 728
Crypto-ideologist

Your hosting service is interesting. Will you host in Stockholm or elsewhere?

Looks like the UK, by where the company mentions it's registered on their site, so presumably you need to factor in shipping to the UK??
Activity: 742

Your hosting service is interesting. Will you host in Stockholm or elsewhere?

Activity: 574
Merit: 256
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Hi Everyone

I just want to let everyone on this thread know that if you are still not sure about buying, powering and maintaining your own KnC box, you can consider our hosted hashing offering. At byteminr.com we'll be hosting some KnC boxes and making that capacity available in small (ish) chunks. To be kept informed please just register for our newsletter on www.byteminr.com

The current contract offers are indications only - launch ones will be better  Wink

Hosted offers are also a great way to be able to flex your power up in the future in smaller increments than 400GH at a time, so check us out.

The byteminr team
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
will be there a trade in advantage for the 2nd generation of your products starting to ship in March 2014?

I asked this ages back, because of the European WEEE directive, and was told no trade-ins. That's not to say they may or may not give a discount, or preferential treatment to those that have supported them, but they won't handle disposal of hardware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waste_Electrical_and_Electronic_Equipment_Directive

ok, thanks! a discount would be fair to get, I hope. there is also the question how to proceed if competitors flood the market with devices in Dec13, Jan14 and Feb14. the plan is to sell then devices as competitively priced they can. does this mean it is possible to get a device "at half the price" then?

Once NRE is covered they will no doubt price competitively, they will have to, best to email and ask. They answer promptly unless busy, but I think we'd all like to know if there is a discount for OG purchasers, although that's like looking into a crystal ball right now. This mining business moves at breakneck speed currently...

absolutely true!
Calm down.

I did not say you are a scammer. Do not change my words. I said do not always accept KNC doubt. It is a reflection of a fanboy. I respect your position. Besides I said 2 times Augustus to not be accused of something without proof.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2822084 # msg2822084

Ok, cool, my bad. But unless I genuinely have you confused with someone else, were you not present at the same openday as me?!
will be there a trade in advantage for the 2nd generation of your products starting to ship in March 2014?

I asked this ages back, because of the European WEEE directive, and was told no trade-ins. That's not to say they may or may not give a discount, or preferential treatment to those that have supported them, but they won't handle disposal of hardware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waste_Electrical_and_Electronic_Equipment_Directive

ok, thanks! a discount would be fair to get, I hope. there is also the question how to proceed if competitors flood the market with devices in Dec13, Jan14 and Feb14. the plan is to sell then devices as competitively priced they can. does this mean it is possible to get a device "at half the price" then?

Once NRE is covered they will no doubt price competitively, they will have to, best to email and ask. They answer promptly unless busy, but I think we'd all like to know if there is a discount for OG purchasers, although that's like looking into a crystal ball right now. This mining business moves at breakneck speed currently...
Activity: 389
Merit: 250
FYI, just a bit of info on ev'day resident expert(shill), Bitcoinorama who was throwing his weight around.

Figured seeing as the forum user kncminer registered on April 07, 2013, 08:18:32 PM and participated actively in this forum up to April 11, 2013, 07:18:58 AM.

Then on April 23, 2013, 11:36:38 AM Bitcoinorama registered his profile, just few minutes after a message left by kncminer on April 23, 2013, 11:14:27 AM, and proceeded to post actively in the topic Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com from April 26, 2013, 01:33:45 AM.

On June 26, 2013, 10:23:52 PM Bitcoinorama answered a question which just the owners of the kncminer.com Internet page should know the answer:

Interesting  I just noticed on my orders detail page it shows a kind of grayed out 34 right under my order Qty of 1 of a Jupiter...

Wonder what the 34 means?  (...)

SKU code.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_keeping_unit

Doesn't inspire me with confidence...

Second hardware spec’s

You are all correct we will publish stats on working prototypes with clear and unquestionable evidence (Video/ photograph/youtube/ newspaper reviews/personal checks) that we have working products. We will first publish this to the people who have registered on our site. They and only they (who have registered before publication date) will be given the ability to complete their preorders. Devices will then ship in the weeks after as they are made tested and sent.

Sam

Hi Guys

We would like to say that. Yes....we did tape-out of the ASIC some time ago. The exact details of the ASIC schedule, volumes, vendor etc. is kept internal since it's very sensitive information towards competitors. The product development tasks are on-track."

We are still on schedule to begin shipping in September.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

This message is before than message of bitcoinorama

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2504404
& this
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2390641

Honestly, I do not think Bitcoinorama are the person impartial forum. He is a little Fanboy of  KNC. But as I said in some earlier post that you can not accuse a scammer user here. You must do it in acusations scam.

Hold on, where the hell do you get off calling me a shill, or a scammer? On what evidence?? Stop feeding the troll.

I have never, ever given anything but common sense advice. I have absolutely always stated explicitly to do your own research, it is not my fault people are too damn lazy to read through the thread, specifically the earlier parts where upon the KnC story unfolded. The latter crap with people asking the same stuff again and again because they won't research elements for themselves can be skipped. I'd damn well start from scratch if I had no prior knowledge at this point.

Firstly any research I've shared is either publicly available from the web w.r.t. LinkedIN profiles, blogs, official Swedish company records etc., or from the openday I attended, where I was not alone, there were other members of the forum present. Yes I've continued to keep up with the custom forum child board subsequent as I have an interest in Bitcoin mining and the developments in the ASICrace. Other information I shared from emailing KnC, there was no insider knowledge or wizardry on my part, I just freakin' emailed them. Guess what happened when others emailed them, they got direct answers. Some shared, some didn't. I choose to share as the more solid info peeps share, the better decisions can be made. Don't trust the info, follow it up yourself, guess what's happened everytime someone's questioned what I've had to post and followed it up, it checked out, why? Because there is nothing underhand. Seriously anyone can call anyone a shill, but the reason anyone does without any evidence is because it's easy, it fit's with their naive assumptions and their too damned lazy to do any groundwork themselves. Couple that with the fact people are willing to throw large sums cash at 'investments' they don't do the groundwork on is moronic. Ffs anyone can go visit KnC at anytime, they have an open door policy, just give them a heads up prior.

Secondly I have always, always insisted you don't 'bet' more than you can afford to loose. Why? And why 'bet', because make no mistake this is a race with the winners hopefully seeing a better return. Now the landscape is changing with more entrants it may well be wiser to hold out until the dust has settled, you'll be able to make a more solid decision, sure, but you won't be at the starting blocks, but whatever that's your choice to make based on your risk comfort level. That's not mine, and it's certainly not mine if things don't work out the way you want them to. Be an adult and make your own decisions. I haven't coerced or deceived anyone into anything.

Far from it I've insisted you pay by credit card and call your issuing bank and ensure they will cover your ass after the Paypal 45 day window shuts. Mine will. I rang Barclays and recorded the lady in the fraud department on loudspeaker to be super sure. If anything I was instrumental in ensuring KnC accepted card payments. Read the damn thread.

Calm down.

I did not say you are a scammer. Do not change my words. I said do not always accept KNC doubt. It is a reflection of a fanboy. I respect your position. Besides I said 2 times Augustus to not be accused of something without proof.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2822084 # msg2822084
legendary

legendary
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
But of course, BFL did something so silly where they apparently failed to do optical proximity correction, and this is, apparently, why their power drain doubled.

Are you saying this as a fact? If so please link source.
No, that's why I qualified the statement with 'apparently,' obviously. However it would explain why their power targets are off by an order of magnitude. And it's one of the more charitable explanations other than outright incompetence.

I don't expect Orsoc to pull such a rookie move.

Bitfury also missed original power goals. You saying hes a rookie too?
They're not off by an order of magnitude. It's not quite in the same ballpark therefore, is it.

A: Rookie mistake.

B: Estimate proved optimistic.

Sorry, as somebody who already executed the one or the other 65nm/40nm/28nm tape-out including direct contact to foundries, I like to mention that BFL and its design enablement partner for layout generation/sign off (Chronicle Tech?) were for sure not responsible for the OPC.

OPC is a task of the mask preparation, which is normally done at the mask house related to the foundry before wafer manufacturing can start. The responsibility for this step has the foundry, which was Globalfoundries in case of BFL.

An order of magnitude? Wink Do you mean 10x? When I remember right, BFL targeted below 1 J/GH and reached 3.2 J/GH.  Should be 3.2x.

Anyway, a missed OPC would result in a very bad yield, maybe even in no yield. The influence at power should not be that strong.

From my point of view, the reason for missing the power target, was the design methodology of the BFL ASIC. It's impossible to run detailed accurate power analysis (e.g. for calculation of a complete hash) during design phase for this kind of design sizes, if you do a full-custom design (hand layout). The reason for this is, that these kind of analysis have to be done at transistor level in case of a full-custom design. I doubt that there is a spice simulator, which can simulate a complete pipelined hash core. If there is one, such a power analysis would take weeks.

So I assume, that BFL did power analysis only for small parts of one hash core and than they tried to scale it up (if they did at all). With respect to power consumption they were a kind of blind till late in the implementation phase. I also think that they realized that they have a problem shortly before tape-out. That was the reason why they change the package from a simple wire-bond QFN to a flip-chip BGA late in 2012 to be able to handle the much higher power consumption.

Activity: 36
Or try manually changing your encoding. Looks like IE's botched attempt at guessing the encoding of the page, when that information is missing on the page itself.
Its UTF-8
Activity: 36
This is what I get when I want to checkout Sad  Huhhttps://i.imgur.com/WGNCDUe.png
What browser are you using? Try Chrome dude.

Its chrome mate
Jump to: