Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 1906. (Read 3049501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Or try manually changing your encoding. Looks like IE's botched attempt at guessing the encoding of the page, when that information is missing on the page itself.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
This is what I get when I want to checkout Sad  Huh
What browser are you using? Try Chrome dude.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
This is what I get when I want to checkout Sad  Huhhttps://i.imgur.com/WGNCDUe.png
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Anyone know the expected deliver date if I pay today?
Thank you

We know already 5390.png has been posted numerous times in this thread!

Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Thank you

Activity: 280
Hell?

Thank you
Www.kncminer.com

October.
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

Thank you
Activity: 434
I was recently talking with someone who'd attended the Bitcoin conference 2013 and mentioned something I found interesting, and something that I've never heard or seen anyone else talk about, about achieving further efficiency improvements by moving to DC away from AC.

Apparently there are in existence now datacenters that offer straight-up DC, and if you had hardware setup to accept this--what sort of setup changes this would imply I have little idea--you could increase efficiency significantly by ditching AC-conversion losses.

I assume that such a setup would be quite attractive where one is building bespoke arrays of machines for a specific purpose, where thus power draw becomes a significant long term factor.

I think the profitability envelope may be too short for bitcoin mining machines to worry about that for now, but I could imagine someone like Asicminer going that route.

Good idea but the infrastructure for a DC plant inside a data center is a HUGE cost. I guess if you can find one that will host your stuff that is fine. At work we have about 20 node locations that are on DC systems. The walls of batteries are insane.

There is one near me, actually. Sounds like you know something about it. Would it be possible to actually run a miner like the Jupiter on DC? How does that work. Does it replace the PSU? Pin directly into the PCB or what. Or is it something a device needs to be planned for from the start.

Sure but you would probably have to pay the DC to wire it in. In our datacenters we are required to use union electricians to do all the wiring. You cant just connect to the main, you will need some sort of overcurrent protection for your rack and of course some sort of dc-dc power supply that will split out your 6pin connectors(edit - keep in mind most dc implementations in datacenters are 48v). it all depends on the datacenter you choose they will have their own requirements.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I just had to troll the thread a la BFL to raise sales and guarantee more pre-orders!

I'm sorry. I seem to be missing something. Not sure what you are referring to.  Huh

Shhhhhhhhhh   Dont feed the Troll dude..  You might scare him away..    Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Activity: 238
There is one near me, actually. Sounds like you know something about it. Would it be possible to actually run a miner like the Jupiter on DC? How does that work. Does it replace the PSU? Pin directly into the PCB or what.

It uses a standard ATX power supply, so if you can get one that runs off of DC you should be fine. I think they're typically way more expensive.  Here's a 300W DC-DC power supply. It's $140, though.  And here's a 250 watt.  That one can take input anywhere from 6 to 30v.

You might be able to run them in parallel in order to boost the output to 1000W. Those might be useful if you were going to go with a solar powered system - you wouldn't need an inverter to convert the power to AC before using the PSU to convert it back to DC.

If you could get an exact 12VDC input power then the power supply would be really simple (Assuming KnC devices mostly use the 12v input anyway)
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I just had to troll the thread a la BFL to raise sales and guarantee more pre-orders!

I'm sorry. I seem to be missing something. Not sure what you are referring to.  Huh
Activity: 238
i dont think the psu really matters honestly. dont waste money on anything crazy. just get a decent well priced unit and you will be fine, just wait for KNC to tell us the specs first.

It's an $8k device. And not only that, a high efficiency PSU will probably pay for itself in electricity in less then a month.

Really, do you have a particular brand/series in mind. I was reading about certain platinum-efficiency rated PSUs lately, curious what you guys would put your eye on.

I don't know if the brand matters that much. Probably not that big of a difference between gold/platinum ratings either.

Also, there probably isn't going to be any harm in waiting for their actual recommendations.

____
And what if when they test the chips it turns out to be well over estimates?

Well, first of all if it's really over 1kW, they should really use a dual PSU design (one PSU for two of the four chips)

Second of all I don't know why so many think the fact that BFL fucked up means everyone else will fuck up too. Bitcoin was around $6 when these guys started and around $100 when KnC got started. That means the total value of all mined coins is a lot higher, which means a much larger mining industry overall.

That larger industry is going to attract people who know what they're doing as opposed to amateurs who have never designed a chip before.

Bitsyncom has obviously had customer service issues, however most people who bought batch 1 and 2 got their units. And unlike BFL they not only matched specs the performance is about 33% faster (80 Gh/s vs. an advertised 60). Their systems work fine with normal PSUs so they were likely within their power estimates.

Laughing all the way to the bank with batch 1 and 2 buyer's  bitcoins who still don't have units?

Most did get their units.  Avalon customers are certainly a lot happer then BFL customers, that's for sure.

There's nothing wrong with being skeptical, maybe there are issues involved with bitcoin chips that aren't involved with other types of ICs.  However, lots of other people have been able to produce chips without anywhere near the problems that BFL has had.
Activity: 252
I was recently talking with someone who'd attended the Bitcoin conference 2013 and mentioned something I found interesting, and something that I've never heard or seen anyone else talk about, about achieving further efficiency improvements by moving to DC away from AC.

Apparently there are in existence now datacenters that offer straight-up DC, and if you had hardware setup to accept this--what sort of setup changes this would imply I have little idea--you could increase efficiency significantly by ditching AC-conversion losses.

I assume that such a setup would be quite attractive where one is building bespoke arrays of machines for a specific purpose, where thus power draw becomes a significant long term factor.

I think the profitability envelope may be too short for bitcoin mining machines to worry about that for now, but I could imagine someone like Asicminer going that route.

Good idea but the infrastructure for a DC plant inside a data center is a HUGE cost. I guess if you can find one that will host your stuff that is fine. At work we have about 20 node locations that are on DC systems. The walls of batteries are insane.

There is one near me, actually. Sounds like you know something about it. Would it be possible to actually run a miner like the Jupiter on DC? How does that work. Does it replace the PSU? Pin directly into the PCB or what. Or is it something a device needs to be planned for from the start.
Activity: 294
they are accepting bitcoins and paypal.

so if i want to buy a jupiter miner, how much bitcoins do i pay? based on spot exchange rates?
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Good luck.  It took weeks of cajoling for them to admit to tape-out.  No die shot, let alone a demo.  But am glad they state they are on schedule...

We need black and white document to show they have really done the tape out. would be great if someone in Sweden could visit their office.
And they would most likely polity tell them to piss off, as KNCminer are not the chip designers, and if you went to visit the actual  chip designers are not going to start spewing out customer confidential information either, nor is the fab. That kind of commercial information is simply none of your business.

But of course, BFL did something so silly where they apparently failed to do optical proximity correction, and this is, apparently, why their power drain doubled.

Are you saying this as a fact? If so please link source.

I'll bet that had Yifu laughing for days and days.

Laughing all the way to the bank with batch 1 and 2 buyer's  bitcoins who still don't have units?

Hmmm.  I was in the last 50 of Batch 2 and have not only received my unit, but if the coins it generated were converted to fiat today I've made 200% gross ROI [100% ROI if you subtract the $1,500 Avalon price tag].  Since I still live in fiat, that's mostly what I' concerned with, but just for the record I am over halfway to recouping the BTC I paid for the unit.

Also, I bought a BFL unit in December 2012.  That unit hasn't even shipped yet, has had its specs mutilated, and BFL has had the audacity to promise to deliver "in just 2 weeks" since January or February of this year.

Why do you side with BFL?  _THEY_ are the incompetent a$$hats laughing all the way to the bank...

_theJestre

Im glad you got your avalon but doesnt change that people still waiting on batch 1 and 2 units while you have yours. Yifu also screwed batch3 by the delay, hence the refund(which people havent even gotten thier refunds when asked!) I dont side with bfl, I still am waiting for my bfl shit. I just like to point out when people make other companies out to be holy-er than BFL I've never posted any blind praise for bfl at all depsite the bfl trolls calling me a shill.

In reality no asic companies have shown they are any better than bfl ethically or in the interests of the BTC community. Even Asicminer was ripping off early buys of the usb sticks. They all suck. Knc is still iffy in my book. I think they will deliver, but not in sept. just my opinion.
Activity: 196
The Troll is still chugging away???  ROFL I LOVE it..  Where is my damn popcorn...  Oh hell I burnt it in the microwave...

I just love a good show.. 

Brove..  Academy Award level I must say Brove..

Where is my damn popcorn.  uggllf    Roll Eyes Kiss Grin Angry Shocked Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

eve
Activity: 210
Good luck.  It took weeks of cajoling for them to admit to tape-out.  No die shot, let alone a demo.  But am glad they state they are on schedule...

We need black and white document to show they have really done the tape out. would be great if someone in Sweden could visit their office.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Ok, I have to admit I'm starting to become genuinely curious with KNC.

I've been quietly skeptical, mostly due to a lack of solid information coming out about the project, and am hugely suspicious of any 28nm ASIC right now due to costs involved, but I have to admit that seeing the Paypal payment option as enticing, mainly for their consumer protection mechanisms.

Shipping end of September huh ? Guess I'll place my order near end of August and cross my fingers.

Good luck gentlemen. Pulling for you folks. Will be quite the technical achievement should this project come to fruition.

WOW!

Hey Xian01, if you buy from KnC could you please give them my reference code:

crappo
Jump to: