Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2032. (Read 3049499 times)

Activity: 351
Merit: 250
Somebody quote me, I've the feeling they will say... First paid, first shipped. This thing is too messy, there are people with preorder ID 2700 who could order a 1-500.

Lets see.

I just want to say, that my orders were a mess for a variety of reasons. I email knc and explained the situation.

They were a) prompt in their response; b) professional in their communication; and c) quickly resolved the issue.

There is no doubt that the order book may be messy, but I am fully confident that they will make every effort to queue all order in a fair way based on what they have previously communicated.

Cheers!

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
There is more to it than that.  Everything about my order says that it is one of the 1-500 Jupiter units, but the pre-order number does not reflect my order within the first 500.

So you pre-ordered and got an email that said

Order ID: 17xx
The desired goods: KNC Bitcoin miner numbers 1-500
Quantity: 1
Name of the customer: wowc8

?

If so, I agree how can there be 17xx pre-orders for the first 500

Probably best to email knc to ask them, I think we are all just making it more confusing Smiley

(I have an sub #500 number so not affected, but curious)

So, I had the same confusion and emailed Sam after paying for my order.  I was in the 1-500, but my order# when I paid was 9XX.  This is the email I received back:

Hi XXXXX,

Your order number is irrelevant as we are basing your shipping queue number on the placement you received when you made your pre order. In your case the queue number is 4XX.
We are not able to give you your exact queue number until the 7 days payment window has closed. However, as far as we can see everyone who has paid within the first 7 days will be shipped in September/October.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thanks
Sam

It makes sense to me, your pre-order number is different than your Order number.  If you were allowed to order a 1-500 machine you should be able to find a pre-order # from when you first signed up, that is your actual place in the queue, subject to moving up after the 7 day window is closed and they toss out pre-orders that didn't pay.

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Somebody quote me, I've the feeling they will say... First paid, first shipped. This thing is too messy, there are people with preorder ID 2700 who could order a 1-500.

Lets see.

I sent them an email 24 hours ago with this question.  When they respond I'll post on here.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

Lets see.
Activity: 462
There is more to it than that.  Everything about my order says that it is one of the 1-500 Jupiter units, but the pre-order number does not reflect my order within the first 500.

?

Probably best to email knc to ask them, I think we are all just making it more confusing Smiley

I've said it too many times.. let knc say it

the pre-orders groups ALL orders.   the pre-reg is what matters to get the 1-500. and yes plenty of folks do not see the 1-500.  They were chatty until they realized it and that why you dont hear much about them

now we just have a lot of 1-500 folks who are scared of the high pre-order numbers being doled out

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

?

Activity: 61
Hi all,

I still have three pre-orders for sale from the 1st batch <500. My pre-orders are all numbered 20X.  Grin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-3-x-knc-miner-pre-orders-early-two-hundreds-226031

Cheers,

koopa
Have you heard of anyone not being in the 1-500? Pretty much everybody could see that on the Web regardless of their order number, right? Or I'm mistaken?

As an experiment, I created a new account with a different email.  The products page does not allow the new account to order a 1-500 unit.  So only people that pre-registered back in April can make orders for the first batch.

It could be that I'm blowing this out of proportion, but IMO this is a big deal especially for a company charging $7000+ for their products.
if you could pick the 1-500 item then you are in the first 500.  your order number doesnt mean a whole lot unless you are not in the 1-500 and hoping to get into the 1-500

legendary

I think I explained this 10 times already

they had two queues.   the pre-reg and the current placed orders.

you get a 1-500 by your place in the first queue

the second queue started as soon as they took orders.  anyone can place orders. after 7 days, they will sort out the 1-500 customers that placed orders..  if there are any 1-500 customers that didn't use their orders, some of the regular orders will go into the 1-500

This still doesn't make sense.  From my knowledge only people who signed up during the pre-reg can put in an order for a 1-500 Jupiter, but they allowed more than 1700 people pre-reg.  So I guess this means that since I am number 1700+, there is a "chance" that I will not receive the 1-500 Jupiter and the only way to find out if my order of a 1-500 unit is really a 1-500 unit is to pay and wait on them to sort this out.

I guess there is no way to tell then if I will be in getting a 1-500 Jupiter.

if you could pick the 1-500 item then you are in the first 500.  your order number doesnt mean a whole lot unless you are not in the 1-500 and hoping to get into the 1-500

Have you heard of anyone not being in the 1-500? Pretty much everybody could see that on the Web regardless of their order number, right? Or I'm mistaken?
It certainly is messy and I think having pre-orders like #17xx is confusing people, and I can't see how a 1-500 could have one that high.

From what I've read, they said they would match up pre-orders with email addresses so you retain your place in the queue

The pre-order number is the highest you will be, any numbers below you that don't pay within 7 days move you up

So
If you have pre-order #100 and 50 people above you don't pay you move to #50
If you have pre-order #1700 and 500 people above you don't pay you move to #1200

If you haven't pre-ordered, then you go to the end of the queue, so if there are 1000 paid pre-orders paid you are #1001

Right, this is exactly how I'm reading it too.

The product that I think I'm paying for may later turn out to be not the product I paid for.

the second queue started as soon as they took orders.  anyone can place orders. after 7 days, they will sort out the 1-500 customers that placed orders..  if there are any 1-500 customers that didn't use their orders, some of the regular orders will go into the 1-500

This still doesn't make sense.  From my knowledge only people who signed up during the pre-reg can put in an order for a 1-500 Jupiter, but they allowed more than 1700 people pre-reg.  So I guess this means that since I am number 1700+, there is a "chance" that I will not receive the 1-500 Jupiter and the only way to find out if my order of a 1-500 unit is really a 1-500 unit is to pay and wait on them to sort this out.

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
It certainly is messy and I think having pre-orders like #17xx is confusing people, and I can't see how a 1-500 could have one that high.

From what I've read, they said they would match up pre-orders with email addresses so you retain your place in the queue

The pre-order number is the highest you will be, any numbers below you that don't pay within 7 days move you up

So
If you have pre-order #100 and 50 people above you don't pay you move to #50
If you have pre-order #1700 and 500 people above you don't pay you move to #1200

If you haven't pre-ordered, then you go to the end of the queue, so if there are 1000 paid pre-orders paid you are #1001
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Wondering why no one has commented on ORSoC and their OpenRISC ASIC project and its subsequent status.
I agree..  but they would of had to actually hire a real web dev crew to hash up some code to maintain two order flows.  Nothing too hard; the 1-500 would retain their original place until 7 day toss out and all the others would of started at 501.

they didn't anticipate how anal everyone would be over this which is a mark against them for not really knowing their customer base  Undecided

Hey, I'll be as anal as I want to be, jk.  Lot of money at stake Smiley.

Yeah I'm sub 200 pre-order and +1000 order (paid). I guess we'll see in the next few days once pre-order's expire.

I sent an email to Sam at KnCMiner a day ago and still haven't heard back.  It would be really nice to find this information out.  If my pre-order number is my place in line, then I am very confused because I ordered a 1-500 Jupiter.  How can I be the 17## place in line for 500 units, unless they are over-selling like crazy!  Seems that it goes both ways since your pre-order number is sub 200, but your order number is +1000.  Makes me very nervous to make a $7000+ payment when the order number and the pre-order numbers don't make sense!

So... Paid order n. 1 gets tossed to let's say 945 after seven daysif he hadn't an unpaid preorder?

It may be, but it's awkward and messed up. Many people may complain, whatever they do.

It's messy.

I agree..  but they would of had to actually hire a real web dev crew to hash up some code to maintain two order flows.  Nothing too hard; the 1-500 would retain their original place until 7 day toss out and all the others would of started at 501.

they didn't anticipate how anal everyone would be over this which is a mark against them for not really knowing their customer base  Undecided
legendary
Yeah I'm sub 200 pre-order and +1000 order (paid). I guess we'll see in the next few days once pre-order's expire.

I sent an email to Sam at KnCMiner a day ago and still haven't heard back.  It would be really nice to find this information out.  If my pre-order number is my place in line, then I am very confused because I ordered a 1-500 Jupiter.  How can I be the 17## place in line for 500 units, unless they are over-selling like crazy!  Seems that it goes both ways since your pre-order number is sub 200, but your order number is +1000.  Makes me very nervous to make a $7000+ payment when the order number and the pre-order numbers don't make sense!

So... Paid order n. 1 gets tossed to let's say 945 after seven daysif he hadn't an unpaid preorder?

It may be, but it's awkward and messed up. Many people may complain, whatever they do.

It's messy.

I sent an email to Sam at KnCMiner a day ago and still haven't heard back.  It would be really nice to find this information out.  If my pre-order number is my place in line, then I am very confused because I ordered a 1-500 Jupiter.  How can I be the 17## place in line for 500 units, unless they are over-selling like crazy!  Seems that it goes both ways since your pre-order number is sub 200, but your order number is +1000.  Makes me very nervous to make a $7000+ payment when the order number and the pre-order numbers don't make sense!

they had two queues.   the pre-reg and the current placed orders.

the second queue started as soon as they took orders.  anyone can place orders. after 7 days, they will sort out the 1-500 customers that placed orders..  if there are any 1-500 customers that didn't use their orders, some of the regular orders will go into the 1-500

legendary

I sent an email to Sam at KnCMiner a day ago and still haven't heard back.  It would be really nice to find this information out.  If my pre-order number is my place in line, then I am very confused because I ordered a 1-500 Jupiter.  How can I be the 17## place in line for 500 units, unless they are over-selling like crazy!  Seems that it goes both ways since your pre-order number is sub 200, but your order number is +1000.  Makes me very nervous to make a $7000+ payment when the order number and the pre-order numbers don't make sense!

The order numbers being generated now are new.

Once the 7 day window has expired for people to purchase the 1-500 pre-orders then the queue will be sorted so you retain your original position

So if your pre-order is #200 that's the highest it will be, if people with lower numbers don't order you will move up the list

I think that's speculation. So if somebody has preorder ID 4000 and paid order 1, he gets tossed to the back of the queue after he paid? Unlikely. Have you seen many preorder systems working like that?

I don't really care because both of my numbers are low. But it's clear to me they messed it up.
Jump to: