Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2034. (Read 3049499 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Openday update information Q&A link at
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2391522
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
VAT or Value Added Tax does not exist in the US, therefore no VAT for US residents.
I have bought many items from European Internet companies - for the most part they
will credit the VAT when shipping to the US.  Only thing US residents have to pay is
import duties.
Country who has VAT will pay within their country when arrive, but knc product will have price without VAT.
If US does not have VAT then they wont pay it, good for them!
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
VAT or Value Added Tax does not exist in the US, therefore no VAT for US residents.
I have bought many items from European Internet companies - for the most part they
will credit the VAT when shipping to the US.  Only thing US residents have to pay is
import duties.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
knc will declare the product correctly with correct price tag. no messing around with customs from their side. that is what they said at open day.

thanks for this input. oki, now it is all clear - everybody will pay VAT, guys from EU during ordering, guys outside EU during custom clearance.)

That is incorrect.  If you don't live in the EU, you don't pay VAT.

Edit... I should be more precise.  If the country in which you live does not charge a VAT, you won't have to pay one.  For example, The U.S.A. 
knc will declare the product correctly with correct price tag. no messing around with customs from their side. that is what they said at open day.

thanks for this input. oki, now it is all clear - everybody will pay VAT, guys from EU during ordering, guys outside EU during custom clearance.)
+1
We are all in the same boat and as endconsumer pay the premium.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
Thats why Avalons had no problems at customs. They were paid in bitcoins. The package was shown as engineering sample, so you doesn't have to pay any tax. But there were a few problems with PSU-s wich ha real brand.

If you know what I mean....

YEEES, finally somebody who understand what I mean.)

so if KNC declare low price and describe product as some sample, all guys outside EU will pay lower, then guys inside EU, which are pushed to pay VAT from real price.
I see, but customs are not foolish, if something is unclear they will request for inovice, link of store and other data. If they find out that seller declared false value then buyer can have penalty or custom seizure item.
Its not so simple...

vat goes not to knc, it goes to the state. if you think vat is shitty then elect other politicians but not blame a company for it. any vat collected by any company goes right through towards the local state.

donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Thats why Avalons had no problems at customs. They were paid in bitcoins. The package was shown as engineering sample, so you doesn't have to pay any tax. But there were a few problems with PSU-s wich ha real brand.

so if KNC declare low price and describe product as some sample, all guys outside EU will pay lower, then guys inside EU, which are pushed to pay VAT from real price.
I see, but customs are not foolish, if something is unclear they will request for inovice, link of store and other data. If they find out that seller declared false value then buyer can have penalty or custom seizure item.
Its not so simple...
This question was taking up.
KnCMiner responded they do not do any weird stuff they want to be as legit as possible and have no wishes at all to fake any kind of customs report etc.
//DeaDTerra

Its not so simple...
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

As a european buyer, I respect your extra donation to KNCminer.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
What exactly happened with Avalon psu?
legendary
/dev/null

Activity: 635

legendary
/dev/null
For buyers outside of EU inovice should be without VAT because when item arrive in designated country customs will charge the VAT according to value in inovice + shipping.
Either way, VAT will be paid in whatever country!

all depends about declared value of package and description. but yes, is true that if they declare real price, guys outside EU will be pushed to pay VAT during custom process
Activity: 532
As far as I know, importing to USA doesn't have any VAT or Import Fees (Duty Free Electronics)

Just some Customs fees that are pretty minimal.

Correct me if I'm wrong please I don't like surprises!

FFS read the thread, this comes up daily!

the reason why is this still little bit unclear is, that on the web page is price without VAT - it is really not standart approach of any kind of online business. next point is, that guys outside EU will pay about 20% less then guys from EU, which is maybe common but hardly understandable.

and argument about professional miners with own VAT number was already discussed and it is really funny for me.)

For buyers outside of EU inovice should be without VAT because when item arrive in designated country customs will charge the VAT according to value in inovice + shipping.

i.e. sales tax dependant on state one resides in, in the US.
Activity: 407
As far as I know, importing to USA doesn't have any VAT or Import Fees (Duty Free Electronics)

the reason why is this still little bit unclear is, that on the web page is price without VAT - it is really not standart approach of any kind of online business. next point is, that guys outside EU will pay about 20% less then guys from EU, which is maybe common but hardly understandable.

and argument about professional miners with own VAT number was already discussed and it is really funny for me.)

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Either way, VAT will be paid in whatever country!
Activity: 532

25%, and VAT number will allow you to reclaim electricity costs, other associated hardware AND poss dependant on where you are and if you house the unit in your room, some rent can be reclaimed...

Though you are expected to declare any exchange of BTC to fiat, as that IS profit once in known currency.
legendary
/dev/null

legendary
Activity: 1442

Forget the thread. Google for import duties USA.
Jump to: