Author

Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2073. (Read 3049499 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Will those early preorders still be honored if KNC ever produces any kind of bitcoin mining product?

I still have two of those emails in my inbox...

Order ID: 4x

The desired goods: KNC Bitcoin miner numbers 500 +

Quantity: 1

Name of the customer: …

Email: …

Phone: …

Comments:
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
probably sometime this week he will show the miner and invite some of the member to the open house?  Smiley

If they do a BBQ, I'm in! Smiley

F**k yeah, take note S&A...ASIC prototype & BBQ. Go the extra mile...!
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
probably sometime this week he will show the miner and invite some of the member to the open house?  Smiley

If they do a BBQ, I'm in! Smiley
Activity: 406
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Yup
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Unless there's a death in the family, there shouldn't be any reason all five principals can't be there posing for a photoshoot.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Also, Q.6 I posted an answer to from Sam. Mars v2 will be for Litecoins, so not retired, improved. though they will apparently not part-exchange or give the option of buying a the new board to upgrade your chips upon which is a shame.

To be clear, for question 6; I wasn't asking about what would happen to the Mars line, but referring specifically to the BTC v1 device. At what point will KnC cease selling and producing the v1 BTC FPGA miners? Is there a set deadline? After x,xxx units sold? Whenever they just happen to get around to transitioning it to a LTC product?

Appreciate the additional questions, KS. Looking forward to some of those answers.

Thanks, daggeteo, for your thorough and organized approach. Can't say I'm even aware of the recording law in my own country, as sad as that may be, but I'm happy to say I learned something new about Sweden today.
Activity: 406
what is Sam up to, so quiet in here as well as their website with no latest updates, possibly they are getting ready for tomorrow big day Smiley
Activity: 434
One more question:
Regarding the ASIC design - is the plan create the FPGA to ASIC in parallel development; perhaps with Altera FPGAs and Altera Hardcopy V (28nm) ASIC? The website states that a standard cell ASIC will be used, but it this really the case?

I appreciate you (daggeteo) taking the time to assemble this list of questions and to press knc on getting them answered. I'll definitely drop you a tip when we get a full report!
Activity: 84
Nah, I'm cool, just tired of seeing the same insinuations/accustaions, when he could just as well email himself and be done with it.
And where would be the fun in that???
(I'll send them an email, promise, but it will be quite redundant now. I'll see if I can figure out some questions they might actually give an answer to.)
I just share what is disclosed. Emailing started bouncing back and fourth of the back of the Litecoin FPGA idea I was pushing. Wasn't sure if Sam was going to be cool with me posting what was said in the public forum, asked his permission, he said he didn't mind, so I did.
THAT's why you like them so much. You pushed the LTC FPGA idea and it stuck. Why didn't you say?
I do like it when KS has concerns worth hearing though, he does appear pretty astute sometimes.

Yes, I love you too. Hugs? Grin

Awwww.....
Activity: 270
Bitcoinorama, I do have not mark you as being wealthy or anything similar else. I am speaking about attributes one of character of people. And You do reveal your character with your posts. (character - the way of coming to your conclusions in your mind)

What You are predicting about me, could be easy a lie. I do not have intention to get higher on the queue and I did not discover KNCMiners just now. So that puts You on a lie. You must know, that there is still many people out there, who are not treated by justice because of predictions. Predictions are not facts.

However, I accept what you post, because this is your truth and you believe in it. Every single human has his own truth. And there are some rules that can make you accept others and live well around different thinking people Wink
Activity: 322
The payment page sends you an email?  You want all these personal detail and information from people with no proof of any hardware or design?
KS
Nah, I'm cool, just tired of seeing the same insinuations/accustaions, when he could just as well email himself and be done with it.
And where would be the fun in that???
(I'll send them an email, promise, but it will be quite redundant now. I'll see if I can figure out some questions they might actually give an answer to.)
I just share what is disclosed. Emailing started bouncing back and fourth of the back of the Litecoin FPGA idea I was pushing. Wasn't sure if Sam was going to be cool with me posting what was said in the public forum, asked his permission, he said he didn't mind, so I did.
THAT's why you like them so much. You pushed the LTC FPGA idea and it stuck. Why didn't you say?
I do like it when KS has concerns worth hearing though, he does appear pretty astute sometimes.

Yes, I love you too. Hugs? Grin
It get's tiring reading KS's sarcasm towards me when he's either too lazy or too much of a pussy to fire an email himself. Fact is he still hasn't tried and admits it, but is happy to bitch when someone else does. Healthy scepticism is fine, but utterly unnecessary if your concerns can be answered in a simple communication exchange with the guys directly. It saves me doing it, and then the legitimacy of my answers being subject to conspiracy.

Guys; please don't get into a bun fight. It makes me sad, it really does Sad

Having said that; it's a good point regarding utilising the Interweb's mailing facilities. Every time I've emailed KnC, I've had a pretty swift reply. Sam seems very approachable...

(ps. it doesn't really make me sad. Well, not much. Really)

Awww, you care though! Tongue

Activity: 84
It get's tiring reading KS's sarcasm towards me when he's either too lazy or too much of a pussy to fire an email himself. Fact is he still hasn't tried and admits it, but is happy to bitch when someone else does. Healthy scepticism is fine, but utterly unnecessary if your concerns can be answered in a simple communication exchange with the guys directly. It saves me doing it, and then the legitimacy of my answers being subject to conspiracy.

Guys; please don't get into a bun fight. It makes me sad, it really does Sad

Having said that; it's a good point regarding utilising the Interweb's mailing facilities. Every time I've emailed KnC, I've had a pretty swift reply. Sam seems very approachable...

(ps. it doesn't really make me sad. Well, not much. Really)
Okay they were KS' q's but there were others in the thread I PM'd the other day.

Also, Q.6 I posted an answer to from Sam. Mars v2 will be for Litecoins, so not retired, improved. though they will apparently not part-exchange or give the option of buying a the new board to upgrade your chips upon which is a shame.

Q.12 I was told all 5 guys mentioned on the KNC website, Sam, Andreas, Johan, Marcus and Michael were all directors. Do check with them.

Q.20 I posted a long answer about VAT inside and outside Europe, Did that not cover the answer? I noticed on the site the other day, aside a new logo, they actually have an area for your to register your VAT number.

I didn't realize that some Qs had been answer, I'll update the previous post accordingly.

The absolute last questions are the ones that you PMd me the other day.

Yup, sorry buddy, my bad.

Add Matthewh3's Q as well pls; Will the KNCMiner support P2Pool mining?
Man after seeing some the outrageous behaviour of some posters, with all due respect Phin, that includes yourself (ref. Cedartec), I'd be wary...

That said, both you and KS do complain a lot, often substantiated and do make some valid points, but have yet to actually drop then an email yourselves preferring to speculate, or in the case of KS belittle those that do bother to take the time and effort to contact.

It would just make sense when you do have genuine concerns that you drop the guys an email and share the responses, rather than venting frustration openly.

KS
This is getting old. Wish they'll give some news.

They did give us news! It's in the form of an email sent to one person, passed to us, the third party. See how we rank?

"The ORSoC and Kennemar & Cole relationship has been talked about by many and it’s not a secret but people have made assumptions so I will clear it up for you

Me and Andreas (Kennemar & Cole)
Started the idea, contacted ORSoC and showed them our plans, told them we would only do this if they joined us on the venture, a simple customer/supplier relationship was not strong enough for this purpose.

So we all started (all 5 of us) a brand new company called KNCMiner. So KncMiner consists of 5 directors. Front of house is us and back of house is ORSoC (best of both worlds) essentially ORSoC don’t get anything unless the product is successful and neither do me or Andreas, so we are all in it 100% and that’s the only way it would of worked.
I hope that helps."

How the fuck can one out of five people not have the time to post something similar on this forum, directly speaking to their customer base of which their enterprise is so relied upon?

Ooooh I am SO not going to comment on this! But I'm looking at someone RIGHT now, through the intarweb! He knows who he is! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
This is getting old. Wish they'll give some news.

They did give us news! It's in the form of an email sent to one person, passed to us, the third party. See how we rank?

"The ORSoC and Kennemar & Cole relationship has been talked about by many and it’s not a secret but people have made assumptions so I will clear it up for you

Me and Andreas (Kennemar & Cole)
Started the idea, contacted ORSoC and showed them our plans, told them we would only do this if they joined us on the venture, a simple customer/supplier relationship was not strong enough for this purpose.

So we all started (all 5 of us) a brand new company called KNCMiner. So KncMiner consists of 5 directors. Front of house is us and back of house is ORSoC (best of both worlds) essentially ORSoC don’t get anything unless the product is successful and neither do me or Andreas, so we are all in it 100% and that’s the only way it would of worked.
I hope that helps."

How the fuck can one out of five people not have the time to post something similar on this forum, directly speaking to their customer base of which their enterprise is so relied upon?
glowkeeper, thanks! I did a mistake. I fix it Wink

kevcoins, this is exactly what am I writing up there. the people with money will always find a way "to money".
what about others? if you have that answer, you can own a world Wink (of course if you're righteous)
And yes I know that I poke the wasps' nest, because many of people around here, think like you and Bitcoinorama.

The point is, there are also different thinking people on the world. I present the KNC Company the way of targeting a lot more people, that they would. What they do is their own thing. And I newer say that with FIFO system is something wrong.

No mate, I'm by no means wealthy at all. I'm in between work at the moment and I've taken a variety of crazy unconventional vocational paths when required instead of sitting and complaining that some are more fortunate. I'd be lucky to afford two miners at present, that would mean me selling things in my life I don't need. I have no house, land or car and I live in one of the most expensive cities in the world so please spare me the sob story.

They have already stipulated their aim is to decentralise and bring more cost efficient miners to the market. The units will become less expensive KNC plan to offer various other product lines offering various price points of entry over time once non-recurrent engineering costs has been paid by the early adopters. The reward to the early adopters and those following KnC in the forums (either proactively or with health skepticism) is to be able to mine earlier, if KNC manage to deliver a product to market as promised.

Whilst I respect your notion and the quaint way you delivered it, that's not the underlying root cause of the comment and I do prefer honesty here, but truth is you've only just been on the site, seen one can choose quantity and realised you are now at the back of the order queue. Whether you have only just discovered Bitcoin mining, or KNC's proposed product line you realise that there may already be considerable interest...

With all due respect the theory, which is a pleasant one, is merely an excuse.

It's no one's fault, but your own that you've only just started researching now, a month after pre-order interest was offered to potential investors. Others have been biding their time and looking for opportunities instead of jumping on the BFL bandwaggon. With that in mind we're not 100% reassured yet this is worthwhile until something solid is proven. You are correct, other opportunities will appear and you have all the opportunity to be earlier in line to those. Please don't complain because you've only just switched yourself onto bitcoin mining. In fact, I'd suggest you spend more time researching and preparing for an informed decision as where best to invest your funds.
Jump to: