August 30, 2012, 10:19:01 AM
Just saw this on IRC, I thought it might interest tygrr tech shareholders:
abracadabra: Chaang-Noi do you mine?
Chaang-Noi: no, sold everything off, gave the btc to pirate
donator
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
August 22, 2012, 11:28:26 PM
Quick question for you Goat: since you're winding down your operations, how much do you think you'll be buying back each share for of TYGRR.TECH? Thanks!
Activity: 807
Merit: 500
July 31, 2012, 10:50:06 AM
So...  Since you are liquidating, why don't you stop putting BTC in the bank and disburse what is there as a large dividend on the 14th (or sooner; the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned)?  The purpose of saving BTC is now moot, and it has been already 10 days since you announced liquidation with no one challenging it / complaining.
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
July 19, 2012, 06:38:48 PM
How about trading two bond-p or bond-b shares per tech share. Then you can easily do whatever you want with tech and the assets. I have just shy of 200 tech shares.
Bond-B has been discontinued, Bond-P is not guaranteed and might crash if he did that, and more importantly, both are like .1BTC per share where the floor for Tech was 3BTC per share until the IPO sold out.  The people who bought the last of the IPO shares probably have more than 2.5BTC invested if you subtract dividends from the 3BTC price tag.

I was on my phone and couldn't check the actual price of those shares (anyone else have issues with glbse on an iphone?), I just wanted to put another option out there in case I didn't make it to my office this afternoon.

My point was (still is) - I'd be willing to trade my tech shares for an equivalent value of bonds.

It sounds like this may not be the solution for everyone, but might help get Goat closer to where he wants to be without having to do a fire sale and/or come up with a ton of btc for a buyback.
July 19, 2012, 01:43:23 PM
How about trading two bond-p or bond-b shares per tech share. Then you can easily do whatever you want with tech and the assets. I have just shy of 200 tech shares.
Bond-B has been discontinued, Bond-P is not guaranteed and might crash if he did that, and more importantly, both are like .1BTC per share where the floor for Tech was 3BTC per share until the IPO sold out.  The people who bought the last of the IPO shares probably have more than 2.5BTC invested if you subtract dividends from the 3BTC price tag.
Activity: 278
July 19, 2012, 01:21:13 PM
Activity: 532
July 19, 2012, 11:02:59 AM
Why not have a motion?
July 19, 2012, 06:28:38 AM
For now, I vote against option 2, however, I wish we could've liquidated before the exchange rate climbed back up.  How long will it take to sell the hardware, and will dividends cease in the meantime?  Would you be better off putting up a bid wall than paying out dividends and closing the stock wothless (or having someone with an old bid get screwed by the first person to see the dividends paid out and fill the soder)?  Is the buyback functionality being used on bonds an option to avoid that?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
July 19, 2012, 05:14:11 AM
From the contract:

Company value
The initial valuation of the company will be valued at $15,000.

Closing of the company
Once all assets are sold off for cash and the final dividend has been paid out the company “TyGrr Tech” will no longer exist.

I haven't checked if you revalued it recently, otherwise your final dividend would be:

183.7 BTC (bank) + 1666.66 BTC (15k USD / 9) = ~1850.4 BTC

If you want to really sell and only pay out the real price you get from buyers, I'd recommend share holders to sell for the "90% of USD value" option asap.
donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
July 19, 2012, 05:06:42 AM
The problem is that keeping all the rigs running is taking way more time than expected. Also RMA stuff in Thailand takes forever as they need to send it to Singapore.

This was an awesome hobby 8 months ago but now my work load is too high.

Other downsides are high electric in Thailand and the hot Thai summer.

Thanks.
Indeed, How much is the hardware currently worth (a estimate) just to see how big the final dividend would be.
//DeaDTerra
donator
Activity: 1064
July 19, 2012, 05:00:42 AM
Okay guys.. a 6990s just caught on fire... i wish i could say something like this does not happen once a week...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/6990-caught-on-fire-94089

I am really busy now and well it is just a pain in the ass to try to keep everything running. I'm on average getting around 6GHash/s yet paying out on 12GHash/s.

I am very interested in winding this down. I am open to all ideas on the best way to do this.

If we do not want to wind this down I will give up my 5% fee and just start paying out what we really mine.

My idea on how to do this...

Option 1, Pay out the BTC we have saved up as dividends. Sell the hardware and pass out the BTC as dividends.

Option 2, Send the hardware to someone else to manage for us.

Option 3, Sell off everything and buy FGPA or ASIC...

Option 4, Huh

I think that it might be time to wind it down and take option number 1 as you don't seem to be that interested in running it anymore, you are busy have other stuff you need to do ect. So maybe it's just best for everyone to start winding it down?
If we don't want to wind it down then I would say buy ASICs is the next best option.
//DeaDTerra
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
July 19, 2012, 04:40:33 AM
You're only mining 6Gh/s but you're paying people out as if you were mining 12G/hs? What kind of suicidal business model is that?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Freelance videographer
July 17, 2012, 08:33:16 AM
I like the look of this setup.How do I buy a share for your company on these forums? How much does a share cost currently? Or is GLBSE the way to go?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
June 12, 2012, 05:34:26 PM
I don't think to many peeps are planning on buying any fpga boards till they hear butterfly labs asic announcement on the 15th.. 

I think you are either going to be wrong or they are dreaming. ;p  or both...

I know multiple peeps myself included who put all plans to buy more fpga on hold till the asic announcement.
Activity: 504
June 12, 2012, 05:31:19 PM
I don't think to many peeps are planning on buying any fpga boards till they hear butterfly labs asic announcment on the 15th.. 

I think you are either going to be wrong or they are dreaming. ;p  or both...
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
June 12, 2012, 05:10:32 PM
I don't think to many peeps are planning on buying any fpga boards till they hear butterfly labs asic announcement on the 15th..  
Activity: 504
June 12, 2012, 05:08:42 PM
e.g. a cainsmore1 board

I can sell you 1 for 1,000 even and you will not have to wait until September+ to get it. ;p
Activity: 364
[#][#][#]
June 12, 2012, 10:39:03 AM
yo

125 bitcoin in the bank already.. for now it hedges the worth of tygrr pretty good, but we could also talk about reinvesting it into something. e.g. a cainsmore1 board or shares of a other company, or invest it in the gama bitcoin fund..?!

Activity: 532
May 15, 2012, 03:32:47 AM
Earnings will be  15.7BTC     

7.9BTC sent as dividend
7.9BTC saved.

BTC in the Bank before: 76.6
BTC in the Bank now:  84.5

Difficulty      1,733,208
Hash Rate is estimated to be   12GHash/S

48.8 coins mined.

Electric is estimated to be 1240 KWH at .1323$ KWH = $164

$164 / $5.00 = 32.8BTC

48.8 - 32.8 =  16BTC

16BTC x 95% = 15.2BTC

Namecoin bonus will be .5BTC

Is this money from actual bitcoins mined or is this coming out of your pocket like it did in the past?
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
May 09, 2012, 04:09:06 AM
I have a question: Where does the company mine (pool, solo)?
In the contract you say that we are shareholders and that the company mines the coins, pays for electricity and the rest is profit. From the profit you take 5% and the rest goes 50:50 as savings and dividends.
But in reality you talk in your reports about difficulty and the number of mined coins is always the number of coins seems to be always perfect 100% PPS. I would expect the number of mined coins to fluctuate and generally be more than 100% PPS as you can mine at GPUMAX (like JLP does).
Or do you mine at GPUMAX and you keep much more then 5%?

The farm has been operating at about 5 to 7G range for about 3 months. We have two main boards being replaced and almost always one or more rig down. Since I do not have time to devote to keeping it going as best as I should I pay out the 100% PPS anyway. And for the last month I have also been paying you about 250% what you should be getting due to my math mistakes. (I kept paying you guys my 60% share of the dividends)

Yeah that all comes out of my pocket. However we do mine at GPUmax and eclipse mining when we are operational.

I'm very open to paying out a percent of what we actually mine but dividends will free fall:)

Here in the OP as well as at www.TyGrr.com you talk about 12GH/s ... so you might want to update those to avoid being misleading.
Is it possible to RMA the rigs? Or fix them for reasonable price?
It's nice of you that you are paying the dividends from your pocket ... but we would prefer if you could put it back into bussiness at 100% as that would be better.
I understand that for now it's better for you to invest your time to other bussiness you are running or starting ... but you could put down the possibilities we have and maybe even a motin to decide where we'll go. Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: