Pages:
Author

Topic: T - page 9. (Read 41011 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
[#][#][#]
February 28, 2012, 02:21:51 PM
i want to slowly invest more into this company, and therefore would like to see a rising stock price, and a solid-growing venture. I am offcourse willing to pay this growth with smaller dividends. I suggest we put back some 10% of the net gain in bitcoin for reserves.

Also.. since butteflylabs delivered to some people, we should really discuss about ordering some of those. maybe with an new IPO? i don't think this will lower the shareprice at all, rather increas it. having some asskicking, electricity-cost-lowering FPGAs wont turn investors away, i think!

what do you think about those 2 matters?!

regarding the reserves i heard some supporting words from goat..

greets

13/1500

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
February 28, 2012, 07:31:18 AM
I personally think that we should move to p2pool, because it's good for bitcoin.
And i also do think that shareholders should be able to control the coins that come in, via block explorer.
Don't see it as a lack of confidence, Transparency is just good for business.

Obviously this should be put to vote, that's just my personal opinion
Seconded. p2pool may be bad for dividends, but possibly good for share price. Lots of idealists around. Idunno -- how bout a two-week trial on p2pool about a month (so additional dividends aren't as much an additional variable) after the new hardware's installed? If share price doesn't increase, I'd vote for GPUMax. Ultimately, I much prefer a higher share price over higher dividend payout as I want to be able to put money in and take it out on demand.

fwiw.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
February 28, 2012, 07:19:25 AM
I personally think that we should move to p2pool, because it's good for bitcoin.
And i also do think that shareholders should be able to control the coins that come in, via block explorer.
Don't see it as a lack of confidence, Transparency is just good for business.

Obviously this should be put to vote, that's just my personal opinion
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
February 28, 2012, 06:56:11 AM
For the record, you said "61.24 coins mined".  Apparently that was not very careful wording, since its just a hypothetical number.

Dividends are paid on a companies actual profits, based on actual costs and revenues, not based on  what one might expect if a certain business plan were to be followed - but isnt.  Share holders own a substantial part of your company, they are entitled to know exactly whats going on. Just making a blanket statement "12GH in theory ought to bring in x BTC so lets assume we did" is something quite different.

It doesnt matter if your losses due to downtime were offset by profits made hopping or from gpumax, it could be the other way as well, shareholders ought to know. Its not like Intel pays dividends based on theoretical costs and revenue with management pocketing (or paying out of pocket) the difference between theory and reality. The latter is what you do when running a proxy or pool as service to customers. Its not how you treat shareholder.

My 2 cents.

February 28, 2012, 04:04:47 AM
Dividend will be  22.9BTC     

Difficulty      1,379,647
Hash Rate is estimated to be   12GHash/S

61.24 coins mined.

So you are buying hashrate from everyone else at 105-115% and making a profit on top of that by hopping and/or gpumax, but your own farm is only yielding ~98% PPS? Really?

How do your shareholders know you are not hopping with your farm, and frankly, why wouldnt you?

Since you have an obligation to maximize shareholder value, at the very least one would expect you to direct your hashes towards your GPUmax account where you will get significantly more than what you are stating.
[#][#][#]
February 27, 2012, 09:21:40 PM
i recently thought about tygrr tech withholding some small percentage (like 10%) or something in bitcoins to make some reserves over the time..

i would vote for it.

Activity: 807
February 22, 2012, 07:02:57 AM
Dividend will be  22.9BTC     

Difficulty      1,379,647
Hash Rate is estimated to be   12GHash/S

61.24 coins mined.

Electric is estimated to be 1240 KWH at .1323$ KWH = $164

$164 / $4.35 = 37.7BTC

61.24 - 37.7 =  23.54BTC

23.54BTC x 95% = 22.4BTC

Namecoin bonus will be .5BTC
I didn't receive my dividend payout yesterday.  Usually I see it when I see the announcement.  Have you made it, and who do I need to talk to if you have?
donator
Activity: 490
February 15, 2012, 11:38:17 AM
I should send out payments today but I've been crazy busy with work but now its V Day and I gota go out. I'm on thin ice for spending too much time on the computers the way it is. What I need to do is add up the new electric usage and then the new hashing power to get the new payments. I will work on this tomorrow ASAP. Thanks for understanding.

You've been consistent enough, take your time  Grin

+1
Activity: 418
Merit: 253
February 15, 2012, 10:18:03 AM
I should send out payments today but I've been crazy busy with work but now its V Day and I gota go out. I'm on thin ice for spending too much time on the computers the way it is. What I need to do is add up the new electric usage and then the new hashing power to get the new payments. I will work on this tomorrow ASAP. Thanks for understanding.

You've been consistent enough, take your time  Grin
[#][#][#]
February 09, 2012, 06:58:45 PM
Derp. Reason "last price" right now is 1.25BTC is because I mis-typed and sold the wrong stock @ .38BTC :x

will you sell some stocks to me at btc 3?!
donator
February 09, 2012, 05:14:28 PM
Derp. Reason "last price" right now is 1.25BTC is because I mis-typed and sold the wrong stock @ .38BTC :x
Activity: 489
Immersionist
February 08, 2012, 11:25:21 PM
Not sure if you decided to add the new hardware, but if you do I can volunteer to buy this in HK and bring it in my suitcase to HK. I am flying to Thailand within a week or two.
donator
February 06, 2012, 09:25:57 AM
38 YAY
3 NAY

in the vote till now..
since there are NAYs i would like to discuss them.. why NAY?

I would also like to know why as this will add to the dividend at no cost to stock holders.

Edit:  67 to 3 so far. 

Kluge, would you like to add some input to this? Smiley
*rubs "morning sand" out of eyes* 434 to 3.
[#][#][#]
February 05, 2012, 10:45:56 PM
38 YAY
3 NAY

in the vote till now..
since there are NAYs i would like to discuss them.. why NAY?
[#][#][#]
January 31, 2012, 01:58:01 PM
Dividend will be  31.7BTC     

Difficulty      1,307,728
Hash Rate is estimated to be   10GHash/S

53.9 coins mined.

Electric is estimated to be 875 KWH at .1323$ KWH = $115.76

$115.76 / $5.5 = 21.0BTC

53.9 - 21.0 =  32.9BTC

32.9BTC x 95% = 31.25BTC

Namecoin bonus will be .5BTC

Total will be 31.7BTC this week.

Working on setting up the 7970s, hopefully will have a vote soon and add this in next week:)

get them running! now! Smiley

*10/1500 just voted for it*
[#][#][#]
January 29, 2012, 02:24:08 PM
1. i think goat is doing a good&authentic job
2. the dividends are quite nice
3. lowest ask now are 4 BTC/share .. but i won't sell my 10 shares - i don't think i can get shares of such a good mining venture somewhere else
January 29, 2012, 12:32:31 PM
Most people familiar with stocks in general think no in value, but it seems to me like big name stocks with price tags in the hundreds don't typically move as much as big name stocks with price tags below 100 (in terms of % change, with Apple clearly breaking that rule after their last earnings report).  I'm not advocating for a split or arguing that it would add value, it was just something that occurred to me.  Like maybe people look at the price of a share more than the value of the share, so .33 BTC 10 times is easier to stomach than 3 BTC 1 time.  If it really worked that way (and it shouldn't), it would mean the guy that sold 10 shares post-split gained 10% just beacuse of the split.  Regardless, the split could make future public offerings to increase capital less likely to succeed because people could feel like there are too many shares and people are clearly afraid of dilution even when the threat doesn't exist (based on other threads).  All of that said, if a split is proposed and passed, I would look into whether or not the split functionality affects open bids, because otherwise some people with bids that are lowball right now will likely get screwed over by some opportunists with newly-split shares, and those people would probbly blame TyGrr before GLBSE or themselves.
January 29, 2012, 09:04:12 AM
Would a 10-to-1 split add liquidity/value for shareholders?  I ask because I notice that FPGA.contract seems to have more liquidity at ~ 1/10th of TyGrr and pay a similar dividend per 10 shares (or per BTC if you count TyGrr as 3 BTC and FPGA.contract as .3).  I'm not sure exactly what % the dividend would be in either case and obviously it would vary with mining, but I wonder if there wouldn't be more reasonable bids if the TyGrr shares sold for sub 1BTC like most other securities on GLBSE.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
January 29, 2012, 08:34:30 AM
We're running a review on Butterfly Labs in the Bitcoin Magazine. Their engineer from France will be meeting with Vladimir Marchenko at our UK offices and we will end the mystery once and for all. It will be published either in this month or next month's issue. I hope everything enjoys it, regardless of how it turns out.

Looking forward to it. Dont forget to tape the whole thing and ask the engineers ID. Goat is offering a $1000 reward:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1ghs-20w-500-butterflylabs-is-it-a-scam-48863

And a 10% discount on anyone purchasing from BFL:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1ghs-20w-500-butterflylabs-is-it-a-scam-48863

If that's true I am sure Goat would be more than happy to donate the $1,000 to Bitcoin Magazine.  Wink
January 29, 2012, 08:30:44 AM
We're running a review on Butterfly Labs in the Bitcoin Magazine. Their engineer from France will be meeting with Vladimir Marchenko at our UK offices and we will end the mystery once and for all. It will be published either in this month or next month's issue. I hope everything enjoys it, regardless of how it turns out.

Looking forward to it. Dont forget to tape the whole thing and ask the engineers ID. Goat is offering a $1000 reward:

And a 10% discount on anyone purchasing from BFL:
Pages:
Jump to: