Pages:
Author

Topic: T - page 10. (Read 41011 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
January 29, 2012, 08:16:57 AM
You know this is the first time you talked to me since losing the butterfly labs bet.

Ignore lists and all that.

Are you still sore over that? You did lose a lot of reputation...  

Did I really? Ill let others judge. I may have lost the bet, but my point has always been that BFL wasnt a hit and run scam showing fake photographs; while nothing has been shipped so far, the evidence for my case has grown steadily and I think is now widely accepted, even by you. Maybe you should reread all the things you posted and wonder who lost credibility. To refresh your memory, you once said you would bet anyone $100.000 if they shipped a single working board. And IIRC you still owe everyone who preordered a board $100. You may think what you want, but Im quite happy with my reputation, thank you very much.

We're running a review on Butterfly Labs in the Bitcoin Magazine. Their engineer from France will be meeting with Vladimir Marchenko at our UK offices and we will end the mystery once and for all. It will be published either in this month or next month's issue. I hope everything enjoys it, regardless of how it turns out.
Activity: 518
January 29, 2012, 08:15:03 AM
You know this is the first time you talked to me since losing the butterfly labs bet.

Ignore lists and all that.

Are you still sore over that? You did lose a lot of reputation...  

Did I really? Ill let others judge. I may have lost the bet, but my point has always been that BFL wasnt a hit and run scam showing fake photographs; while nothing has been shipped so far, the evidence for my case has grown steadily and I think is now widely accepted, even by you. Maybe you should reread all the things you posted and wonder who lost credibility. To refresh your memory, you once said you would bet anyone $100.000 if they shipped a single working board. And IIRC you still owe everyone who preordered a board $100. You may think what you want, but Im quite happy with my reputation, thank you very much.
January 29, 2012, 07:18:30 AM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/115-pps-project-2-dont-pay-a-pool-to-mine-get-paid-to-hash-56119

Please no more talk about this in the TyGrr Tech thread or the Project #2 thread.  Would like to keep on topic. Thanks.

Are you worried people might think project 2 provides the hashrate for and is funded by Tygrr and this is just an elaborate ponzi? I know I would worry. I hope you are providing your shareholders some proof of ownership of the hardware.
Activity: 418
Merit: 253
January 27, 2012, 04:35:00 PM
I can't believe the lowest the stock for TyGrr is 3.99BTC.  Glad i bought the night i did instead of waiting until after work oO
Activity: 742
January 27, 2012, 01:38:32 AM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/115-pps-project-2-dont-pay-a-pool-to-mine-get-paid-to-hash-56119

Please no more talk about this in the TyGrr Tech thread or the Project #2 thread.  Would like to keep on topic. Thanks.
I don't see this as off topic at all.  If I am going to invest money in someone, knowing how the want the network to operate is definitely a factor.
January 27, 2012, 01:05:20 AM
Which BIP (if any) are your miners voting for?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
January 26, 2012, 01:49:13 AM
As Goat will probably soon announce, I have purchased all the "non-20%" IPO shares, as well as a large stake in the "20%" IPO shares controlled by Goat at a significantly higher purchase price than IPO shares were originally set at. Currently, I own 250 TyGrr shares, which will increase to 375 shares ~1/30/12 pending check clearance from my bank, making me 1/4 owner of TyGrr. This put a few extra thousand dollars into TyGrr and, because no shares were actually created, will increase dividends and share price significantly. I'll let Goat handle dividend increase projections once he figures out the components he'll purchase.

I feel very positive about the performance of TyGrr and competence of the Goat, and have faith TyGrr has a long, prosperous future ahead of it. Until I run out of USD to pay bills, I intend to hold TyGrr stock, and largely keep out of TyGrr's operations, having faith in Goat's ability to operate our company. Early adopters likely won't have much more time to buy anything but after-market shares, and I'd like to note buying from Goat will only help to increase dividend and share price further.

Edit: I should probably note I intend to vote against any attempt to create new shares, though I'm willing to offer preferential loan terms.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
January 24, 2012, 05:02:37 PM
How many shares are still left in this IPO?
January 24, 2012, 04:53:40 PM

Yes your math seems right but clearly mining conditions will change. However I think it will only get better for a while.

I am happy to be selling the IPO shares at 3BTC and honestly would not be so happy at $10. I have spent a lot of time an energy in this and am mostly selling shares as a hobby and a way to expand. Honestly I would love to get some 7970s and we might be able to soon if this deal works out with a member of the community.

Also one side effect of selling the IPO shares at 3BTC is a few share holders are selling at 2.99BTC and the like. Clearly that is every ones right but if anyone would like to buy directly from me at 3BTC please send me a PM and I can transfer the stock into your GLBSE account. If you do this you will help TyGrr Tech expand and get new 7970s. Once the IPO shares are gone, the open market will clearly be the only way to get stock.

Thank you for the reply and information. 
Activity: 418
Merit: 253
January 24, 2012, 07:12:16 AM
I now own 3/1500ths of your company  Grin

I hope you guys do really good, good luck!
January 24, 2012, 03:00:54 AM
Difficulty      1,250,758
Hash Rate is estimated to be   10GHash/S
Total will be 39.2BTC this week.

Looking at this as a result of someone's suggestion.  Just checking some math:

Shares on issue = 1500.  Dividend per share = 0.02631 for a week.
Price USD6.30-ish = $0.16, (annualised = $8.56)
Shareprice ~= 3BTC = $18.90
Payback (P/E ratio) = 2.2

That looks good for the earlier buyers in the IPO at $10, but less so for someone buying in.  Any obvious errors in the above?

You show me another investment in today's economy that shows me a 45% profit in one year and maybe I'll try to see how this doesn't look great.

Try gigavps's loans - they should be close to 100%.  I'm lending at 10% to 15% to various people, and I have coins tied up paying 1% per day (thanks Pirate).

I'm looking seriously at this and in this community there are different returns.  What I wanted to know is if the base assumptions were correct.
donator
Activity: 490
January 24, 2012, 02:30:27 AM

That looks good for the earlier buyers in the IPO at $10, but less so for someone buying in.  Any obvious errors in the above?

You show me another investment in today's economy that shows me a 45% profit in one year and maybe I'll try to see how this doesn't look great.
January 24, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
[#][#][#]
January 17, 2012, 03:20:31 PM
i just wanted to announce that i am now shareholder of 8/1500 of this company.

regarding the cards: i am not very good into mining hardware comparisons, this is why i think you better discuss this matter without me for now:)

keep on the good work. greets
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
January 17, 2012, 08:26:23 AM
If you've got the 6770s in hand and the computer that they are in can't support anything higher, I think it makes sense for the company to buy them.

Between the 5850 and 6950, it appears that the 5850 is slightly more efficient but the 6950 is slightly faster in terms of Mhash/sec.  Since the 5850 is an older card, if it fails it will probably not be replaced but we would get the cash value (same situation we are in now).  It probably takes a lot longer to decide to refund the money than to replace a card under warranty, and the longer a card is not mining the more BTC we stand to lose.  Since the 6950 is more likely to be replaced (hopefully more quickly than waiting for a refund), has better resale value and is a better overclocker, I think the 6950 makes sense.
January 10, 2012, 07:53:39 PM
Quick question, don't mean to interrupt but--

What happens to mining pools if Butterfly labs is legit?

Would I be able to go get my own butterfly box and flap my wings to riches without investing in online rig companies?

Well you could do that.  I imagine that the mining pools will do the same though.  Goat has already talked about getting FPGAs once they are a bit cheaper.

I run my own miner and also own shares of TyGrr Tech.  You don't have to pick one.

I would love to see every person with an FPGA in their house, but until that's possible, I was just thinking that at this point all the mining companies would be using them. Is it still not as viable as GPU rigs?

They (currently) cost more for less hashes.  Whether it is worth it really depends on the cost of electricity.  Those butterfly labs miners do look really sexy
January 10, 2012, 07:47:03 PM

Would I be able to go get my own butterfly box and flap my wings to riches without investing in online rig companies?

Well you could do that.  I imagine that the mining pools will do the same though.  Goat has already talked about getting FPGAs once they are a bit cheaper.

I run my own miner and also own shares of TyGrr Tech.  You don't have to pick one.

I would love to see every person with an FPGA in their house, but until that's possible, I was just thinking that at this point all the mining companies would be using them. Is it still not as viable as GPU rigs?
January 10, 2012, 07:41:45 PM

January 10, 2012, 07:16:31 PM

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
January 10, 2012, 07:10:41 PM
Thanks is good, nice seeing higher returns.
Pages:
Jump to: