Pages:
Author

Topic: Taliban are highly unlikely to change - page 3. (Read 360 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
August 20, 2021, 12:21:09 AM
It is like the Taliban will not most likely fulfill some of their promises not to abuse women right, they are extremist, they suppressed women right when they were in power from 1996 to 2001 to the extent females were not allowed to go to school and also women were barred from public life. I just watched this video to see what a women says about her experience at the airport when questioned by Taliban militia

Quote from:  the woman that told BBC reporter about her experience
I went to the airport because I had a visa. When I just arrived at the airport, some of them, maybe about two or three of them came to me and the carrying whips and lashes also. They started to fire [in the air] on me and asked me 'where is your mahram'? [Male guardian] and why are you alone. The situation was so scary, like a nightmare, like a horror movie.

Also, Taliban leader says no revenge, but it has been reported that they are carrying out door-to door manhunt.

The Taliban have stepped up their search for people who worked for Nato forces or the previous Afghan government, a UN document has warned. It said the militants have been going door-to-door to find targets and threatening their family members.

"There are a high number of individuals that are currently being targeted by the Taliban and the threat is crystal clear," Christian Nellemann, who heads the group behind the report, told the BBC.

"It is in writing that, unless they give themselves in, the Taliban will arrest and prosecute, interrogate and punish family members on behalf of those individuals." He warned that anyone on the Taliban's blacklist was in severe danger, and that there could be mass executions.

Asked in an interview if he thought the Taliban had changed, US President Joe Biden said no, adding the group faced an "existential" choice about whether they want to be recognised.

BBC News - Afghanistan: Taliban carrying out door-to door manhunt, report says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58271797
Pages:
Jump to: