Pages:
Author

Topic: TalkImg Awards - Image of the Year 2023 | sponsored by BC.Game / Icarus - page 3. (Read 1515 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
paper money is going away
  CALENDAR  
  • Registration until February 4, 2024, at 29:59 (WET).
  • Between the 7th and the 12th of February 2024, voting will begin for +/-30 days.
  • Days later, at the end of voting, the winners are presented.
Does this mean that voting can be done when all participants have not submitted their work?
February 4 is the last date to submit, assuming someone submits on that date, and voting to select the winner can start before February 4, right?
Activity: 714
Merit: 1004
Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅
Activity: 1330
Merit: 687
Arts & Crypto
DRAWING

title: "But 2023 is Fine Smiley" | materials used: paper, pen | useful info: I can show you photos of WIP, if necessary   
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
I made a small adjustment to the Drawing category.

CATEGORIES  
There may be 3 categories in competition:
  • Drawing: A handmade drawing, in charcoal, Indian ink, or other type of material. It can also include digital works, made in Photoshop (or equivalent), as long as they are created by the user themselves.
  • Photography: Photograph, preferably taken by the person himself (or clearly identified the author of it).
  • AI Image: Artistic work developed using AI tools

Users who prefer to make their drawing directly on the computer - Art Digital, can also apply in this category. It is then up to users who vote to choose what they think is best/like best.

We are waiting for your work. Good participation for everyone.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
Just wondering why its called "Image of the Year 2023"?

I mean if it's "Image of 2023" then should it not be selected from the images which are already posted in 2023?

Well, that could be an option, but it would be tricky to compile all these images. The idea is for each person to be able to choose an image that represents the year 2023 for them. Hence the name.

But, your idea is also interesting. Maybe I'll do something in the future with that idea.  Wink
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
Wow amazing thank you for hosting the contest I would love to participate and most probably I will be participating in the IA IMAGE.

Just wondering why its called "Image of the Year 2023"?

I mean if it's "Image of 2023" then should it not be selected from the images which are already posted in 2023?
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%
thank you joker_josue for the announcement. we at Icarus are proud to be a part of this great competition Smiley
if you don't know anything about the Icarus project yet, you can go to the Icarus logo (this is linked to the original thread) and get more information there.
briefly summarized: Icarus creates physical BTCitcoin cards that can be loaded with small amount of BTCitcoins and offers various different editions/designs
these card/s will then be sent personally by me to the winners by postal mail
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
I am pleased to announce that two new sponsors have joined these awards: BC.Game and Icarus.
Thanks to @icopress and @cygan for their help with these sponsors.

Due to these new sponsors, we have more prizes for participants.

PRIZES  
  • TalkImg Provides: The category winner is entitled to a canvas print of the three winning works. It is recommended that each participant keeps a high quality copy of the image, for a better final result.
    Note: It should be noted that printing on canvas is low cost for me, because it involves my work. However, if the winner does not want to receive the screen print, the prize is converted to $40 in bitcoin.
  • BC.Game Provides: Offer of $100 in bitcoin to the author of the most voted image.
    In case of a tie the amount will be divided.
  • Icarus Provides: Offer of an Icarus Card with the print of the image with the most votes, to the author of the work.
    Prize processed directly by Icarus.

SPONSORS  

copper member
Merit: 899
🖤😏
Alright, since people are worried about their privacy and whatnot, here are some tips:

Once you take a picture, no matter if it has meta data or not, here are the methods used to geo-locate you from a picture:

Natural landmarks, trees, plants, mountains, sky, stars, clouds, angle of sun rays, color of soil, rocks etc.
Buildings, streets, logos etc.

Those are outdoors, for indoors :

Paintings, position of light bulbs, door size, windows size and position, wall size, what kind of materials used, furniture, type of your clothing, kitchenware, home appliances etc.

From all of the above, they can locate you, so quit being paranoid, the people you are running or hiding from, those you are afraid of, already know everything about you. I only know one true master of incognito, aka satoshi, the rest of us are more like jokes for the deep state cabal. 😉  

The ways they can use to identify you online, is beyond your understanding, lol btw, nice job on the service sir josue the joker.

Edit :

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1248
#SWGT CERTIK Audited

That nasty little Giant ! Tongue

legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
I really hope you guys realize when you take a picture on your phone, your location is also saved, and when you upload that image, all the intel about you is also uploaded. 😉

All metadata is deleted whenever an image is uploaded to TalkImg.

You just excluded those who value privacy from participating because no one is giving you a contact/house address for delivery. If you wish to give back to the community, converting printing and shipping costs into BTC prizes will save you time and money.

I added the following note to the award given:
Note: It should be noted that printing on canvas is low cost for me, because it involves my work. However, if the winner does not wish to receive the canvas print, the value of $40 in bitcoin will be awarded.

staff
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The Naija & BSFL Sherrif 📛
Quote from: joker Jose
The three winning images will be printed on canvas and offered to the winners. It will be a screen, containing the 3 winning images, with enough spacing so that 3 separate frames can be assembled. The minimum screen size will be 50x50cm.
I recommend that each user keeps a copy of the image in high resolution (if possible), so that in case they win, the screen print is of high quality.

You just excluded those who value privacy from participating because no one is giving you a contact/house address for delivery. If you wish to give back to the community, converting printing and shipping costs into BTC prizes will save you time and money.

I may drop some images just for fun, but if I ever win, please send them to Mars.
Activity: 406
Merit: 896
I really hope you guys realize when you take a picture on your phone, your location is also saved, and when you upload that image, all the intel about you is also uploaded. 😉

Of course! I have been a photographer for almost 10 years Tongue I don't really have a problem with any of my metadata being saved, I am used to it. Nevertheless, I have trimmed out all the data I wanted to remove.

To be honest, most of the time I require my metadata to be uploaded to claim ownership. Of course that's not the case here.
copper member
🖤😏
Activity: 278
Merit: 25
This is my Drawing

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
airbet.io
Activity: 308
Merit: 448
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
PHOTOGRAPHY

Lagos, Nigeria /Redmi 10c android device/ Edited via Redmi 10c

Lagos, Nigeria /Redmi 10c android device/ Edited via Redmi 10c
Activity: 1176
Merit: 647
I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees
I may try to participate but most likely my image (or images) won't be allowed due to the political nature of their content!
I will still send candidates to the contest and if any of them is accepted, I'll enter the contest with that one!

The first one I'll try to use is the following:

IA IMAGE

The Jewift | N/A | N / A

This is likely an AI generated image but I have no idea who is the author. I took it from a Telegram channel.
Note: The title is mine, though.

With the last events from the Middle-East, I just can't forget that this is probably the most shocking event of the year for me!
Activity: 406
Merit: 896
PHOTOGRAPHY

Brompton Rd, London | Sony A6000 & SIGMA 30MM F1.4 DC | 1/120s @ f/8

Obviously I am the photographer, so the picture is mine.

Good luck to everyone
copper member
🖤😏
Umm, sir josue the joker, there is no moneyz involved? If not then I'll just pass. Typical money grabbing mindset. Lol

The awards here could be given to oneself by ourself, an award is something that is unique which can not be reproduced or which would have no value if awarded by someone else, for example, it would be meaningless if the Cannes were to award nominees with Oscar, etc.

I admire your perseverance, a lone shill, shilling for your own project. 😂
Pages:
Jump to: