Pages:
Author

Topic: TalkImg.com - Image hosting for BitcoinTalk - page 13. (Read 13621 times)

Activity: 828
Merit: 657
November 07, 2023, 09:54:31 AM
The error message could be improved, but webp isn't supported by the forum.

The HTML5 Canvas have the feature of Accept almost any media format and also save the current image in standard formats like jpg and png.

The page should detect if the input file is WEBP and process it to PNG or something like that, that should be transparent for the end user.

OP if you need a hand with that let me know.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
November 07, 2023, 09:45:16 AM
.webp
The error message could be improved, but webp isn't supported by the forum.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
November 07, 2023, 09:42:29 AM
Hello joker_josue

I found something wrong while uploading an image. I saved this image in my local mobile drive and tried to upload it

https://kdfrases.com/webp/frases-imagens/frase-o-progresso-e-precisamente-aquilo-nao-previsto-pelas-regras-e-regulamentos-ludwig-von-mises-129917.webp

Got this error message

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
November 02, 2023, 03:46:09 PM
just sent a monthly donation to

Thank you again for your support. And to everyone who has helped directly or indirectly to the success of this project.

You already know ideas and suggestions, they are welcome.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
November 02, 2023, 02:11:07 PM
just sent a monthly donation to

bc1qhwnncpdd8gfzqwjkk9n052wf7g9mvks3xaa7qa

0.001. it is nice to see you getting some support
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
MrStork Exchange Service
November 01, 2023, 06:10:28 PM
Thanks for the alert. I had to do some tests, and I ended up leaving this information behind.
Situation corrected, it should not appear again.
Amazing, in just a few minutes you fixed it.
It's a quick response and you've mastered the technicalities of TalkImg well.

I have tried again and the information about File size on the Medium BBCode link is gone.

I will continue to use TalkImg and will report back if there are any errors during use.
Thank you for giving such a great response.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
November 01, 2023, 11:36:38 AM
In all options, there is no image file size written.
But in the Medium BBCode option, there is an additional 38kb which means it is the size of the image in medium size.

It seems to be quite annoying when copying it to the post board and having to delete it manually.

Thanks for the alert. I had to do some tests, and I ended up leaving this information behind.
Situation corrected, it should not appear again.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
MrStork Exchange Service
November 01, 2023, 08:06:49 AM
Having been an early TalkImg user until now, I have seen many changes and improvements.
One of them is BBCode Link which includes Full, Medium, and Thumbnail sizes.

I tried all of them, but I found an oddity in the Medium BBCode link option.

In all options, there is no image file size written.
But in the Medium BBCode option, there is an additional 38kb which means it is the size of the image in medium size.

It seems to be quite annoying when copying it to the post board and having to delete it manually.

legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
I have used similar approach in one of my work projects. We resize the images on-the-fly as they requested, in my case we were keeping original full size image, but you can do it both return the resized image to the user and in the backend also replace the image with new resized one.

This experience of yours gave me another idea! Thanks.

I believe that I will have news on this in the next few days.  Tongue
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
This could be an interesting solution, but it would have to have the Cron Job process running every second, to ensure that the images were immediately readjusted.
Well, it's a solution I might look into.

You don't need to run Cron Job if you don't want to. You can do it on-the-fly, resizes or compresses the images as they are requested.

I have used similar approach in one of my work projects. We resize the images on-the-fly as they requested, in my case we were keeping original full size image, but you can do it both return the resized image to the user and in the backend also replace the image with new resized one.
legendary
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Therefore, I find it strange that this problem appeared suddenly. I am studying the subject.
I hope you are doing regular backups of your website data and settings, so that you can quickly restore it if something is messed up along the way. Wink
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
Could this be something related with your other tool zip.talkimg.com that is used for reducing image size?
Maybe something is mixed up with main talkimg website settings.

No, it will be... Because the zip tool is running as part of the main software.
It sends images via API, and in the tests I did, it sent images larger than 2MB without any problems.

Therefore, I find it strange that this problem appeared suddenly. I am studying the subject.
legendary
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
I checked, and there is indeed a failure in recognizing images larger than 2MB, causing the upload to fail. I am analyzing what is causing this problem, as everything is configured to be able to upload up to 2.5MB.
Could this be something related with your other tool zip.talkimg.com that is used for reducing image size?
Maybe something is mixed up with main talkimg website settings.
I am usually not uploading larger size images, and it's best to resize them manually to avoid any errors.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
Until can fix the problem, uploading images up to 3MB is authorized. But remember that the forum only accepts images up to 2.5MB.
This got me thinking: how about accepting all images (or maybe with a 20 MB limit to avoid crazy large files), and processing them after uploading? My first Google hit shows how to do it with mogrify. Assuming you have shell access on the server, you can check the file size after uploading, and reduce it when needed.

This could be an interesting solution, but it would have to have the Cron Job process running every second, to ensure that the images were immediately readjusted.
Well, it's a solution I might look into.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Until can fix the problem, uploading images up to 3MB is authorized. But remember that the forum only accepts images up to 2.5MB.
This got me thinking: how about accepting all images (or maybe with a 20 MB limit to avoid crazy large files), and processing them after uploading? My first Google hit shows how to do it with mogrify. Assuming you have shell access on the server, you can check the file size after uploading, and reduce it when needed.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
Thank you for your feedback and reporting this error.

I checked, and there is indeed a failure in recognizing images larger than 2MB, causing the upload to fail. I am analyzing what is causing this problem, as everything is configured to be able to upload up to 2.5MB.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused! I am trying to resolve the situation as quickly as possible.
Activity: 322
Merit: 318
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>BAN
[...]

I had a small suggestion. I don't know if it's possible or not. Instead of checking image size can't TalkImg compress the actual image and resize it make more suitable for upload.

When I'm on my mobile I face problem when uploading. Normally a image is never less then 5mb. And it won't upload due to size limit.

Not saying image size limit should be removed. But saying it should be at least 10mb (or at least 5mb minimum) and also compression method included.

Social media's do it. They won't care about size. They would automatically compress, resize and upload.  
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

I just got same error report

I had never gotten such error before and so decided to check if anyone's had made same complains before then I saw yours. I tried uploading same image again but this time I edited image image from png(2.45mb) to jpeg(1mb) and it worked. I would suggest you do same mate. I don't know if it will work though for you. Please, I would love if someone could explain why this is happening because the image size limit for Talking.com is 2.5mb and my image didn't exceed this limit.

Well you are right I just tried to upload different png files with size 2.48mb, 2.46mb. 2.38mb, they all failed gave File Size error on client side.

I know this is error is on the client side since talkimg is checking image size on the client, before sending data to server.

However when I reduced the file size to 2.32mb, 2.2mb and 2.0mb i didn't get the error on client side but after I click upload got the same below error.

In the mean time i noticed my image size was <2.5mb but image dimension were above 1800x1800 pixels. When I reduced the dimension to 1700x1700 pixels, file was uploaded successfully.

I think joker_josue can answer this, however it looks like not only the image size but image dimensions or may be some other checks are in place which prevents upload on the server size.

Edit: I think my image dimension theory is wrong since I'm able to upload large 2200x2200 pixels image with smaller file size of 1.6mb.

But yes above error is valid and is reproduced able.

Edit 2:
All my above work goes in vain, just click "Check the error report" link and it says Smiley

So in simple words file size must be 2mb not 2.5mb Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
Has anyone else experienced this before?

I just got same error report

I had never gotten such error before and so decided to check if anyone's had made same complains before then I saw yours. I tried uploading same image again but this time I edited image image from png(2.45mb) to jpeg(1mb) and it worked. I would suggest you do same mate. I don't know if it will work though for you. Please, I would love if someone could explain why this is happening because the image size limit for Talking.com is 2.5mb and my image didn't exceed this limit.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 847
I returned on this forum after some pause and discovered that imgur links don't work anymore and all images in my threads were missing. That's when I found this thread.
I have a thread about image compression where I explain benefits of image compression and tools that we can use, I think it will benefit you if people compress their images before they upload it on your website. Have a look at this thread, it will be pleasent if you add this here:  Links, Scripts & Add-ons  _______.

Btw, if you plan to improve visual aspect of your website and want to do some uix changes, I can help you for free (I can only design, I can't code). Here is the link of me making a bitcointalk's app design.

How many daily active users do you have? It's a very nice project, dedicated for bitcointalk, wish you all the best.
Pages:
Jump to: