Pages:
Author

Topic: tAPI-bot - Automated crossover trade platform for BTC-e [INACTIVE 2013-10-15] - page 3. (Read 36345 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

Hi nomorecoin, I am enjoying playing around with this bot, many thanks for your hard work.. Once question how does the above setup, look in the settings.ini file?

Cheers..

P.S I get frequent crashes ...RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration?

Can you post the stack trace and relevant system info? That's a new one.

Sure here you go http://110.174.141.187/stacktrace.txt

Oh and running Win 7 64 bit (Prem) with Canopy.. 

Cheers sla73
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist

Best advice, run it in sim mode until you feel comfortable with the settings.ini and the settings within.

This, for now. In testing, you want to configure the signals such that a "crossover" happens as near to peaks and troughs as possible.

It's unlikely that many will share successful setups in the future, but you can do some reading on crossover trading and moving averages. Be aware: conventional wisdom on these signals may not apply, or may be skewed, as the period used to calculate is individual trades, not days.

Oh boy you can say that again. I went into playing with this bot thinking I knew a thing about a thing or two but I sure the hell was dead wrong.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
hi
Code:
# Enter single pair to trade and generate signals, eg: btc_usd 
pair = ltc_btc
is it only possible to run a single pair to trade or more at one time (if not, is it possible to run multiple instances with same API keys?)
Activity: 27
Here's a quick run-down of my trading for today. I let the bot run against ltc_btc with a small amount.

Set ribbon, start 49, spacing 50, for MA lines at 49, 99, and 149.

Hi nomorecoin, I am enjoying playing around with this bot, many thanks for your hard work.. Once question how does the above setup, look in the settings.ini file?

Cheers..

P.S I get frequent crashes ...RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration?
legendary
Crackpot Idealist

I'm thinking of ways to implement a minimum volatility trade "pause". When the trends are smaller than a round trip trade, we're guaranteed to lose. The bot could check the high/low gap over a certain range, and decide whether or not to try trading. Thoughts?

YES! That is exactly what I think is needed. Is it possible? This is pretty much what I do when I say baby sitting. If there is not enough action in my pair of interest, I just shut to bot down for a bit and wait. If this could be done automatically with variables, you might be on to something.

Further develop that thought... include multiple trade pairs and have the bought 'shop around' so to speak for the most volatility with the available currencies in your account?
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
Is there a guide somewhere that defines the types of signals and what the values mean etc. (don't know how to adjust the signals if I don't know what the values mean)?  I'm rather new to these sorts of things, any help or starting point would be most appreciated.  Also, where does the graph output to?

Some quick internet searching on the moving average types and single types will give you a mind blowing amount of info.

Graph has to be enabled in the settings.ini and prerequisites met. Graph exports to ~/tapi/graph.png

Best advice, run it in sim mode until you feel comfortable with the settings.ini and the settings within.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
I have to baby sit it or else I come back to it buying high and selling low at times... that and I am a cheapskate even when it comes to testing.

Fees are an issue. Seems like the bot plays the margins too close for profitability most of the time, unless there is some good movement in the market. I have caught it making some good trades though and it seems that different trading pairs work better with different signals but I've set my sights on just ltc_usd for tweaking.

Another interesting realization I had the other day is no matter how good this bot might work, there are much meaner things lurking on btc-e... which is a fun catalyst by itself. The glory of the internet.

There is no magic bullet for all pairs, nor all days. You have to adapt your signal settings to make any profit. Volatility is your friend.

HA! You can say that again!

Still, I wish I kept better records of performance. I'm thinking it makes profit about 50-75% of the time which I do not think is bad since I'm not even a ranked amature when it comes to proper trading strategy... I just know how to read!
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Is there a guide somewhere that defines the types of signals and what the values mean etc. (don't know how to adjust the signals if I don't know what the values mean)?  I'm rather new to these sorts of things, any help or starting point would be most appreciated.  Also, where does the graph output to?
Activity: 290
Merit: 250

I can see a few times when the streams look like they have predicted a few good trends (mostly late). This is just with standard settings on sim mode to see what it did over a few hours.

Going to somehow tally up all the buy an sell data and see what I would be left with. Left it running a long enough time I thought.

I wonder if the data could be exported to CSV or another format so a script or macro could tally up and down the values.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
I have to baby sit it or else I come back to it buying high and selling low at times... that and I am a cheapskate even when it comes to testing.

Fees are an issue. Seems like the bot plays the margins too close for profitability most of the time, unless there is some good movement in the market. I have caught it making some good trades though and it seems that different trading pairs work better with different signals but I've set my sights on just ltc_usd for tweaking.

Another interesting realization I had the other day is no matter how good this bot might work, there are much meaner things lurking on btc-e... which is a fun catalyst by itself. The glory of the internet.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
I try it now without sim mode with little money
Code:
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/matplotlib/axes.py:2667: UserWarning: Attempting to set identical bottom==top results
in singular transformations; automatically expanding.
bottom=0.0, top=0.0
  + 'bottom=%s, top=%s') % (bottom, top))
what does this mean?
TIA
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Do you plan to implement also Exponential Moving Average as a signal type?
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Just started it up in sim mode.

Had to install matplotlib and numpy to get it running.

Graph is updating nicely, Lets see what this can do.
Activity: 13
is it possible - for the bot - to remember the price btc was bought? i often see buy at 113.615$ and shortly after sell for 113.568$.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
What kind of finances are you giving the bot to play with?

I have not tried btc_usd but I have not had that error thrown with ltc_btc, ltc_usd, ppc_btc and had 10+ coins/$ in my accounts before starting the bot for testing.
Code:
2013-05-17 08:22:26,976 WARNING Attempted order below 0.1: -1e-05
2013-05-17 08:22:26,976 INFO Attempted buy: btc_usd 109.101 -1e-05
2013-05-17 08:22:26,976 INFO Order failed

-1e-05 --> what is this?

and also where to configure the minimum order (0.1) the bot is always trying to trade less...

thanks

ok the issue with the minimum order is clear now ... trader.py
but i always get these "wrong" values like above.
Code:
2013-05-17 08:22:26,976 WARNING Attempted order below 0.1: -1e-05
2013-05-17 08:22:26,976 INFO Attempted buy: btc_usd 109.101 -1e-05
2013-05-17 08:22:26,976 INFO Order failed

-1e-05 --> what is this?

and also where to configure the minimum order (0.1) the bot is always trying to trade less...

thanks
hi,

i found your bot today and started it an hour ago.
the simulations seems to work either:
Code:
Simulated sell: btc_usd 108.119

my question (maybe silly):
how to see an overall win/loss?
Manually through the logs?

thanks Smiley

ps. if you need some testing data like logs etc. let me know
Activity: 10
Thanks for the bot Nomorecoins

I'm glad I'm running it in sim mode until I find the some good settings because so far, regardless of my settings and with the low trading, I would be buying high and selling low.

I have an issue with the graph displaying some values. The graph itself shows up but not the lines when simulating ltc_btc trading. Any recommendation ?

I wish I knew how to code in Python to help you with this project. I guess I'll have to learn eventually Wink

How long (how many ticks) has the bot been running for?
Can you post a (resized) image?

I'll put it on my list to check this out, I haven't run against ltc_btc in quite a while. Edit: I can confirm this issue, appears to be due to scientific notation on the axes labels.

Edit #2 seems to be due to rounding in setting the y-axis limits. Change the following in trader.py (near the bottom of the file) if you would like to test:

Code:
ymax = round(ymax+(ymax*0.001),5)
and
Code:
ymin = round(ymin-(ymin*0.001),5)

I don't want to commit until I ensure this won't wonkify other pairs' charts.

Thanks, that made it work. It was a rounding issue. It had been ticking for over 1000 ticks based on 30 seconds between each tick. Now I'll be able to visualise what happens.

The setting could be dynamicly adjusted according to the trading price range
Activity: 51
Never mind... i got it working now... pretty sweet bot if i say so.. i got it working through dos prompt..

Now time to tweak averages
Pages:
Jump to: