Pages:
Author

Topic: tAPI-bot - Automated crossover trade platform for BTC-e [INACTIVE 2013-10-15] - page 5. (Read 36345 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Well I'm thinking of have it notify when M15/H1/H4 lines cross. That wouldn't be very emails at all. Also, would it be easy to implement Mt.Gox instead of BTC-e?
Thank you for the response. I have absolutely zero knowledge about python and trade bots in general. Would this work on a Mac or PC? I don't have linux.
This may sound weird but is it possible to have a bot notify you (via email/text/etc) when the EMA lines cross, and that only? I don't want it to automatically trade but to just send me a notification of when they cross so I can initiate the trades myself. You wouldn't have to include any trading data or anything. I know people spend a lot o time and effort on their codes and was wondering if this was possible.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Activity: 16
TODO:
Add newer pairs
Verify key/secret pair are valid when starting commit
Test like crazy
Fix bug where bot doesn't place bids
Change min trade amounts. API limit appears to have changed since code was originally laid out. - bot currently trades full balance, issue is N/A
Implement a better simulation mode (low priority)
Improve exception handling (high priority)
Abstract the API portion to allow interchangeable exchanges
Add EMA signal type
Add stop loss

No Plans to Implement:
GUI
Compiled version
Cross-exchange arbitrage
MtGox anything

Known Issues:
KeyError printing existing orders, investigating. Set verbose = False to bypass this issue.
Graphing for some values is useless due to scientific notation on axes.

Potential Issues:
Bot is likely to be caught on the wrong side of a trend due to minimum volatility check
Activity: 16
I have decided to open source my trade "bot". It is written in Python 2.7, and uses Pylab (or matplotlib+numpy, confirmed) for graphing output. I have not tested without these packages.
I use the EPD free distribution of Python 2.7.3, which is available here, though all that should be required is Pylab, and only if you wish to view a simple plot of the lines the bot "sees".

The trade algorithm is very simple, but fairly configurable. It uses a moving average crossover with several options. See settings.ini.
I expect there are more than a few issues. Logging is incomplete, and error handling is nearly non-existent. Run in IDLE for better stack traces.
Only trades against BTC-e (for now).

One other note, the program uses individual trades as periods for the purpose of moving averages. This is non-typical, and may not align with traditional wisdom for crossover signals.

Grab the source as a zip from my Github, extract, punch in some API stuff, configure your signals, and run Application.py to start.

pre-posting edit: it seems EPD free has been renamed to "Canopy" something or other. Should work just as well.
Pages:
Jump to: