Pages:
Author

Topic: tAPI-bot - Automated crossover trade platform for BTC-e [INACTIVE 2013-10-15] - page 4. (Read 36345 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I have installed matplotlib into python27, now when i run applicatoin.py i get "no module named numpy"  I have also installed the Numpy from scipy.org

Im at a loss now...
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Thanks for the bot Nomorecoins

I'm glad I'm running it in sim mode until I find the some good settings because so far, regardless of my settings and with the low trading, I would be buying high and selling low.

I have an issue with the graph displaying some values. The graph itself shows up but not the lines when simulating ltc_btc trading. Any recommendation ?

I wish I knew how to code in Python to help you with this project. I guess I'll have to learn eventually Wink
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
I get nearly the same output
Code:
ERROR Key error in helper.processOrders: 'pair'
it is now running in simulation mode; - can I see something in log.log how the balance has changed but for not running in simulation mode? (I don't find anything)
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
There's a lot of bots floating around... any of them useful?
legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000
The Real Jude Austin
I don't mean to be a pain in the butt but I would really like to see the OrdersList.

Perhaps you could take a look at how this guy pulls that information:

https://github.com/alanmcintyre/btce-api/blob/master/btceapi/trade.py

If you look on line 203, perhaps that would help get this situation, well, situated, lol.

Thanks for everything!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
I would also add that I have turned off live trading right now due to everything on btc-e taking a dump!
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
And it does not help much that the volume on BTC-E has been in the dumps for the past few days...

Jude, run it in sim mode till you have an understanding of the configuration settings is the best advice you can get. Set it for something with some movement and you will begin to see how the bot 'thinks' and reacts to market conditions.
legendary
The Real Jude Austin
It seems to me that the script get's out of whack.

At some point it starts doing the complete opposite, it will buy when high, then sell when low.

I will provide the log tomorrow for it.

It's crazy!

Anyway some BTC can change your schedule to make this script awesome?

Trust me, I want it to be awesome. It is as awesome as my skills and time have allowed to date.

Did you change the MA line settings at all? Default is essentially random. Understanding how this thing trades (or decides to try to trade) might help you capture the volatility.

It looks at individual trades, so a 40 point MA line takes the last 40 trades. SMA plots a point from a simple average of these 40 points. VMA weights the trades by volume.
Single MA mode compares price to moving average. When the price is below the MA line, the market is seen as trending down. The opposite when the price line moves above the MA.
Dual compares 2 MA lines, one fast, and one slower.
Ribbon is an attempt at a better confirmation of a trend. 3 lines must agree before a trend is decided.

In any case, this bot is prone to errors, calling trends that never develop, lagging behind a micro-trend, etc. It has been profitable, but certainly not every day.

The key is setting it to capture the volatility.

Yes, a little better understanding would be nice.

So each of the values defined in settings.ini are N of last trades averaged, for the mode anyway?

So over time the best mode to use would be ribbon, correct?

I am a new and have a ton of questions and very little understanding of all this, lol.

Thanks for your time.
legendary
The Real Jude Austin
It seems to me that the script get's out of whack.

At some point it starts doing the complete opposite, it will buy when high, then sell when low.

I will provide the log tomorrow for it.

It's crazy!

Anyway some BTC can change your schedule to make this script awesome?
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
Absolutely! The bot is already scraping the info from btc-e, you would just have to add a little more math to the bot.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
with enough whiskey, i can do anything!

Had a thought. How hard would it be to keep track of profits? Let's say when the bot starts, it uses the balance info and the converts all balances to btc and then prints a total. Then you could have the bot print profit (or loss) against this total in btc when it prints balances? I figured btc would be the easiest base since almost all the pairs on btc-e are based on btc.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
Well I was thinking of setting up some VM's this weekend to toy around with fresh installs... the VM I am running your bot in is a bit messy to say the least. I will post if I find anything useful.

Oh and I should add that I would like to keep the graphing functional. My end goal would be a simple web based output screen for your bot that I can check up on and that would include the graph.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist

In order to make a compiled, Windows-only exe (the only type I have any experience with), the way settings are stored and read would need to change. It's certainly possible though.

I was thinking more in the lines of dealing with the python dependencies. For example, if I type PyLab into my package manager I get a library named python-matplotlib that I might be able to use for charting in place of the HUGE install of Canopy. I don't know what your set up is, but my plan would be to load this onto one of my running pi's and the smaller install size would be ideal.

Otherwise, seems to be running nice and smooth. I've had it running for about 24 hours now in live mode with no crashes and the bot posting trades. I would have to say it seems to work pretty good with the little coin I am giving it to work with. I am looking forward to running this baby full throttle.
legendary
The Real Jude Austin
In regards to the KeyError:

On line 143 of helper.py I changed:

Code:
if type(orders) == int and orders > 0: 

to

Code:
if type(orders) == str and orders > 0: 

And I no longer get that error.

legendary
Crackpot Idealist
Well that is what I thought too BUT took down my remaining orders for ppc and low and behold it has been running for 3 hours now with no crash whereas before it was crashing after start up. I think there is a bug there and I am all over trying to figure it out (started looking at the code watch out! [insert puking smiley from skype here])

I have the luxury of toying with this remotely on my server from work so if I get some proper time in the next few days I am going to run some experiments to see what I can see.

On a side note, you say that there is no error logging / debugging built it, what would it take to make that happen? Is there some sort of app or environment I could run this in that would give debugging info?

[edit] also, i know that python is cross platform and all, but maybe for posterity, we should list what os's we are running this on in case the finished product requires independent install instructions?
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
Ok, after some tinkering I think I have found a bug. It appears that the bot does not like the existence of manually created trades. I'm running in sim with trading on btc_usd but I have open ppc orders which I think is the culprit.

Greetings, human. tAPI-bot loading...
tAPI-bot v0.51, starting.
Open Orders: 4
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Application.py", line 40, in
    runLoop()
  File "Application.py", line 25, in runLoop
    printing.displayBalance()
  File "/home/x/Desktop/tAPIbot-master/tapi/helper.py", line 145, in displayBalance
    self.processOrders(printOutput=True)
  File "/home/x/Desktop/tAPIbot-master/tapi/helper.py", line 164, in processOrders
    order['pair'],
KeyError: 'pair'

I'm going to let my orders stand for a bit (come on bull!) and then try creating manual btc orders and see if that fixes the crash.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
I should also add that the file size of graph.png has increased, but damned if I see anything on it. Also tried increasing DPI to 800. Now I am trying changing the trade target to btc_usd to see if that makes a difference

[edit]hahahaha I should of known. Low and behold there just wasn't data to graph. Changed trade target and now I have a graph. Ignore previous silliness.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
Toying with the sim right now. Is it a safe assumption that the values to set for the moving average is in days?

Python is definitely a wonderful language... I wish I knew more than just basic trouble shooting when I can't get an app to run on my linux boxes.

But now I have a problem. Running in as sim with tickers for btc_usd ltc_usd & ppc_btc with trade active for ppc_btc. I installed canopy with no errors. App has been running for about 10 minutes but nothing graphed. I am not familiar with canopy, is there anything I need to do with it?

I have python 2.7.3 and running Xubuntu 12.10.

Help? lol.
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
ooo, that is a really good point for which I did not think about. Maybe something for the future could be loading separate api's and separate settings per api? Assuming that's even desirable or feasible.

I'd like to improve the simulation mode to trade against a fake copy of your existing balance, adjusting it as it simulates trading.

Now that would be pretty neat. Personally, I think (if) bfl does indeed flood the market with ASICS we are going to see a surge of people looking into trading for coins (like myself) who would find much use and learning from a sim type tool (like myself).

Thank you for your work and I hope I can get to the point to send some fun to your grape juice fund for it! (gotta pay the mortgage first, boo!)
legendary
Crackpot Idealist
Silly question, does this bot only handle one pair at a time? ie, could I configure the ini to trade both btc_usd & ltc_usd? If no, can I run multiple instances to cover both items of interest? [edit] I can figure this part out myself

Thanks for this and thanks even more for the sim mode. I'm not much for trading much less trade bots so thats a nice feature for us n00bs to get a grip on the bot before turning it loose. Look forward to messing with this.

[edit 2] Another question, in the sim mode, it's pretty much just presenting information as opposed to showing theoretical trades that the bot would perform if simMode was set to False?
Pages:
Jump to: