Pages:
Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 99. (Read 309654 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Wow, this project has become a complete disaster...two devs bickering in public won't instill confidence in current or prospective investors. The scope of this project is much greater than the coding ability of one man. Sorry, but I had to bail. If a team ever comes together I'll catch ya'll on the flipside at 50k.

Thanks for the info

lol, much closer to 5k today than 50k.
Activity: 770
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
Someone dumped to 10k.  I invested. 36 bitcoins. And my coins are "locked" until/if project gets delivered. 

Starting to feel very uneasy now reading the in fighting and now seeing this big sell off on bittex.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
i guess this needs some more exposure and promotions, i suggest to have it translated into some other languages to catch the attention of some non-english traders and investors as well. if you need a human translator, kindly consider me to do the Filipino translation.

I can't find this coin on other exchanges except bittrex, PR of this coin sucks, they should do more promotions, very right.
Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org
tauchain.org is offline due to some problem with the cloud provider, will be fixed in few days
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025
Wow, this project has become a complete disaster...two devs bickering in public won't instill confidence in current or prospective investors. The scope of this project is much greater than the coding ability of one man. Sorry, but I had to bail. If a team ever comes together I'll catch ya'll on the flipside at 50k.

Thanks for the info
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
Wow, this project has become a complete disaster...two devs bickering in public won't instill confidence in current or prospective investors. The scope of this project is much greater than the coding ability of one man. Sorry, but I had to bail. If a team ever comes together I'll catch ya'll on the flipside at 5k.

People have difference in opinion all the time, this happens with business and pretty much every industry. Thanks for participiating.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
Wow, this project has become a complete disaster...two devs bickering in public won't instill confidence in current or prospective investors. The scope of this project is much greater than the coding ability of one man. Sorry, but I had to bail. If a team ever comes together I'll catch ya'll on the flipside at 5k.
Activity: 268
is it correct even before coin platform launch we have a tau and now a tau classic?

One side is a one man show (talented) and the other the dev team (who the one man show has respected publicly for a long time)

Can it be said... if they all get their shit together is not not reasonable to disagree and test the ideas?

Can they not all agree they do not know it ALL?

So can the TAU be a DAG or Blockchain that has two test nets?

All teams working on both..

Let the better proof logic show itself not by knowing before you go..

But by test test test, improve improve improve.

The team stays together with the respect that they end up with two great testnets.

Two TAU to rule them all.

Just an idea..
Activity: 638
Merit: 530
http://www.coindesk.com/so-it-looks-like-ethereum-is-going-to-have-to-fork-again/

That is why Tauchain is so crucial for the further development of the technology. Ethereum is a dead end. it will keep forking until Tauchain will be created. Then all the real economic activity will move to tauchain. No one will ever be able to trust Ethereum blockchain for any real value or contract. Tauchain being developed in the past two year is the only project in the ecosystem which used that time to create the solutions for problems only now more apparent to the mass investors in Ethereum. These solutions are at the language and logic level and will not be solved on etherume ever. The fact that the main developer(s) of Etherume cant realize that is even more concerning.
LOL just had to say that!!!!
How is Tau different than what IBM is doing with Watson? How is using block chain tech improving on what IBM has done in regards to machine learning?

tau's database is a public one, everyone share knowledge to one place, in a decentralized network. we take this powerful tool and give it to everyone, again under the philosophy of decentralization. another difference would be execution of code. tau isn't only about storing code=knowledge, but mainly about running the code.

Reading the arguments, it sounds like Ohad has a very specific and knowledgeable idea of how everything works. In situations like that bringing others in can just get in the way.

Very hard to develop top class project with only one person.

Perhaps, but it sounds like he's done most of the work and it's only a  matter of time. Bringing others in can get in the way. But I'm just speculating, only Ohad knows his situation.

i have the same dilemma. but im prepared to both cases

Great interview, Ohad - thank you!

It very well explains even for non-coders what Tau is about.

Also, I think your suggestion makes a lot of sense to pay miners in Agoras directly, instead by inflation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWD6Ep4Cb2s

thanks, today we added subtitles to the interview, and also i found out that the previous video (the condensed explanation) got german subtitles from some anonymous contributor
Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
Great interview, Ohad - thank you!

It very well explains even for non-coders what Tau is about.

Also, I think your suggestion makes a lot of sense to pay miners in Agoras directly, instead by inflation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWD6Ep4Cb2s

Activity: 300
Ohad, how are things going along in the project? I understand there are some fighting, but how are things moving along?

things moving good, i'm very close to begin coding some of the new logic, and i see extremely innovative methods offered in contemporary literature which will make tau even more useful (eg the "MSOL transfer theorem" which implies program/property synthesis, or expressibility of infinite terms), i also try to see if these new tools can enhance or improve the network's protocol (namely the nomic implementation). also some non-r&d activities and advancements eg probably today an interview of mine that was taken a month ago will be published. that's in short

Great to hear that! Smiley

Very excited!

Fantastic! i hope someone can also help with the work load, dont burn out.

Keep up the great work!

As MrWhiteBites mention don't burn out: You need maybe to hire some developers. It's extremely hard to do All by yourself.

Reading the arguments, it sounds like Ohad has a very specific and knowledgeable idea of how everything works. In situations like that bringing others in can just get in the way.

Perhaps, but it sounds like he's done most of the work and it's only a  matter of time. Bringing others in can get in the way. But I'm just speculating, only Ohad knows his situation.
Activity: 319
Merit: 10
an interview taken a month ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWD6Ep4Cb2s

Very good Ohad this is an excellent interview.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hi Everyone,

I have been watching this thread from a far for a while now, coming back in and out, just to see how the project is going along. I remember tua being announced right after ethereum just finished its ICO. I didn't think much of it. Primarily because I didn't know if Ohad was qualified, which changed once i saw his linkedin profile. But, that again made me skeptical because he was just one person, and one person alone cannot complete a project in a "reasonable" time frame to get things moving in the pace crypto usually moves. With that said, I left behind my interests with tau.

Then, it wasn't until Tau appeared on cryptonews and some other ICO sites did I turn my interest back at the project and tried to understand what is being made here.
I can see that its a very different type of project and possibly an "ethereum like" chain of its own since its different to ethereum from a fundamental use basis.

Naturally as all of are aware, this project is a step in the direction of machine learning, and I see how this 'intelligent' autonomous software could perhaps write "smarter" definitive contracts than ethereum as a result of its decide-abilty, if I'm right, which Ohad is trying to build. Using a different type of programming language, namely RDF Languages, because these languages are not turning complete?. At this point I get really lost since I'm not a developer and I tried to read a bit here and there, without any much understanding.

However on the large scale I can see the bigger picture here, and what decideability means for "smarter" contracts when Ohad used the analogy of the Student and Law Professor, in one of his presentations.

The debate was concerned around these languages and the foundations around building this system. Most of the arguments from what I can grasp seems to suggest that no tools either exist or are properly equipped to handle what tau is trying to be. Which ofcourse then is a "highly" risky investment. It also seems like this project is very similar to DeepMind from Google which is already using multiple PC's to learn a solution to problems and these answers are shared in a cloud which other machines could use as truths and solutions to similar problems they might encounter. Kinda like the Skynet we are talking about here.

This then makes me think that any day google could use blockchains and this idea which Ohad has, and to create its own network for its DeepMind. Unless Ohad can beat them first.  
Perhaps, Ohad can look into the approaches used by DeepMind and again propose whether or not this project is different, and worth our time and money. Including Ohad's own time for himself.
I would love it if he is indeed the only person who can produce something of this nature, but I don't know that. And so I would like to know. Fundamentally, Google is a company operating for profits.
Blockchains are rather different, and so it is quite a worthy venture indeed. I doubt that DeepMind will be a freely available public AI tool, but it sure is more advanced and headed in the right direction. Using its established work and translating it into a blockchain network shouldn't be that complicated if they want to 'Plug it' into the chain, and use it to decide on smart contract outcomes on its own ethereum/tau like intelligent/smart contract chain.

Ohad, with respect, could you spend a little time to clarify the differences. And similarities. I understand it is a digression from normal activity, but I'm just looking at the 'larger' picture and outlook for the future.

Thanks Smiley

Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Ohad, how are things going along in the project? I understand there are some fighting, but how are things moving along?

things moving good, i'm very close to begin coding some of the new logic, and i see extremely innovative methods offered in contemporary literature which will make tau even more useful (eg the "MSOL transfer theorem" which implies program/property synthesis, or expressibility of infinite terms), i also try to see if these new tools can enhance or improve the network's protocol (namely the nomic implementation). also some non-r&d activities and advancements eg probably today an interview of mine that was taken a month ago will be published. that's in short

Very excited!

Keep up the great work!

As MrWhiteBites mention don't burn out: You need maybe to hire some developers. It's extremely hard to do All by yourself.

Activity: 300

Very excited!

Keep up the great work!

Pages:
Jump to: