Pages:
Author

Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network - page 97. (Read 309654 times)

Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Golem ICO starting on 11 Nov. Golem endeavors to create a distributed computing platform similar to Zennet on Ethereum. Any opinion on the relative worth of this project?

to be honest i dont think that ethereum will hold for too long due to its turing complete nature. indeed golem evolved into something that looks like specific cuts from zennet

you are saying, you are working with turing complete nature systems too. so its not really a counterargument.

tau is not turing complete.

Tau is a language right?

So why not run it on Safe Network.

After maid safe opens up why even have a blockchain?

there's a big difference between maidsafe and tau. it'll be much clearer on the upcoming paper

Can you provide your description of SAFE?

Is it not simply a protocol that eliminates servers and farms and thus provides a platform written in Rust to provide true decentralization? Then other apps, languages platforms can be written on-top of it but have the benefit of NO SERVERS.

There is actually no blockchain.

Tau needs a blockchain?

Activity: 623
Merit: 279
Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

Very good interview,would be really great if the "common crypto guy" could understand it,  this must also be the reason for the bump start in volume, now Agoras on the 3rd row on Bittrex.
Activity: 897
Merit: 1000
http://idni.org
Golem ICO starting on 11 Nov. Golem endeavors to create a distributed computing platform similar to Zennet on Ethereum. Any opinion on the relative worth of this project?

to be honest i dont think that ethereum will hold for too long due to its turing complete nature. indeed golem evolved into something that looks like specific cuts from zennet

you are saying, you are working with turing complete nature systems too. so its not really a counterargument.

Tau is a language right?

there's a big difference between maidsafe and tau. it'll be much clearer on the upcoming paper
Activity: 268

Tau is a language right?

legendary
Activity: 1045

transcripts of the interviews would be nice, because of the complexity. the topic itself is complex. sometimes i cant break it down.

Do you think the projects like Augur, First Blood and Golem can be easily moved to Tau-Chain if Ethereum is not working as expected in the future?

technically yes but they will have so much competition since tau will enable features that were not possible before (two examples: decidability and self-definition).
Activity: 269

Do you think the projects like Augur, First Blood and Golem can be easily moved to Tau-Chain if Ethereum is not working as expected in the future?

That is probably true and they indeed may still have "major design issues" an so on... The fact is: THEY COLLECTED 8,2 MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN 20 MINUTES

note that it might be due to money that comes in only in order to show big investments (and then roll that money out and in again from a back door). i'm not saying golem did such, but important to bear in mind that it's possible, and tbh i got this "advice" from ethereum's presale architects.

My question to Ohad is:

Is there already, or you are looking for some talented marketing/brending/design people to join the project, some one who can brake down the whole major value points of this project and create out of them very good, understandable and persuading story that speaks directly to the target audience.

Thank you

there is, and this will be reflected in the new website (which is waiting for me for quite long time already but i'm so busy on other things)
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
I am invested in this project and I believe that indeed it can make a significant change. I am relatively new to this and I never was involved in discussions on this tread or on the whole forum in general but there is a point that I want to deliver here.

Ohad very talented and brilliant tech guy, I am sure he knows what he does and he is very dedicated to the project but at this point it looks like he is struggling to  tell the right story to the masses and as a result this project is the most underestimated on crypto community today, Golem it's a very good proof to that point.

That is probably true and they indeed may still have "major design issues" an so on... The fact is: THEY COLLECTED 8,2 MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN 20 MINUTES

Which means, from a regular, non tech investor point of view:

1. the Golem's idea is clearer, they marketing telling the story in the right language that investors understand
2. the branding and website design is much better
3. there is a serious team working on the project

My question to Ohad is:

Is there already, or you are looking for some talented marketing/brending/design people to join the project, some one who can brake down the whole major value points of this project and create out of them very good, understandable and persuading story that speaks directly to the target audience.

Thank you
indeed golem evolved into something that looks like specific cuts from zennet
Is this an endorsement?

they still have major design issues as nicely pointed eg here http://elastic-project.com/comparison_with_other_solutions
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
indeed golem evolved into something that looks like specific cuts from zennet
Is this an endorsement?

Activity: 1008
legendary
Activity: 1176
this project its a ICO, so until the product is ready investors usually cant trade nothing, its a good thing stay in bittrex but is evident than buying support is hard to find because already havent product to promote or use. but if you wanna cash out from ico cose you want btc for whatever reason ey its no sobad maybe btc price has doubled since the ico was.

Dont mix dev in trading questions man have nothing to do its a free market. and dev not need go to sell in bittrex, proyect is already well funded in $$$

sure i trust ohad can finish it at his own, if not can hire devs he needs.

yeah all of us want it developed faster XD i not going to lie. must go and buy some patience.
Merit: 511
Im the One who Knocks.
I can certainly vouch of Ohad and can tell anyone  here.

Ohad is a stand up guy and his project is 100% genuine

When bitcoin rises like this there are all kinds of sell offs on all coins and not just that, people can easily "dump" by mistake, the price rebounded well here, so nothing really to worry about.

All that would make things perfect is more devs on the project to help Ohad realize his vision, but hey, something is being done here never even seen in crypto before, if it does come to life, it will be the great achievement since the birth of Bitcoin itself! (well probably much bigger)
Activity: 1008
dx5
Activity: 303
Merit: 251
Quote from: infovortice2013 on 31 October 2016, 02:42:13
OK i start to colect my 10k this days hope have it all soon.

what price are you selling 10k coins in november without discounts?

26 cents 

HuhHuhHuh?

Why would anyone buy them at that price when on Bittrex they are currently 12 cents....
its not like any of the investment is used for support either.

What am i missing?  Other than someone trying to sell coins for twice the price they actually are.

Lets recap.

1- coins are locked for most people and most people paid more than what they are worth now.

indeed everyone who ask me where to buy, i send to bittrex if the amount doesn't give a discount which makes it better than bittrex. i never made someone buy in a price higher than bittrex. dozens of people got this redirection to bittrex from me. so most of the buyers bought in a price significantly less than now.

2- the price to buy form Ohad goes up, while the price on Bittrex goes down.

the price we sell at always go up to protect the buyers. that's a good thing to do, and buyers could justifiably complain if i'd lower the price. on bittrex it fluctuates as common

You have a Dev here, you wont and cant work with anyone else also and vice versa, no one wants to work with him.

no idea why you think so

Here is my prediction, after a year from now, when the Dev has got as much money out of everyone, he will say it is a failure, tried his best and thats it.  Thanks for all the bitcoins. 

too late for such decision, as if i do such a thing now, no one will give me a penny for the rest of my life. i shouldv'e be anon for such a plan
Pages:
Jump to: