Pages:
Author

Topic: TAUCoin “Proof of Transaction” - features debate and bounty for 12 months - page 6. (Read 26435 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 6
Challenger in Space
Letter to TAU community - persist with believers
Oct 18th was a very hard day for TAU to be hit by bugs and speculations. I will remember for life. Firstly, I thank you all for staying with TAU and me. Openning of entire process to the world is the right way and long term happy route no matter the price and risk. Everyone has to work for belief to win. TAU project is backed by my personal wealth, and I will persist it to the end. Given all this, our strategy will not change. Let's fixed the bug and restart for business on Monday. The hit yesterday is strong enough to get rid of non-believers. This world is composed of both believers and none. Up to now, we still have 80,000 users in TAU and increase 3,000 daily. It is still one of the largest crypto community. Let's move forward. - imorpheus

Every thing that has just started has to face many difficulties and we are not exempted to that. An experimental POT as consensus is a strong move by the devs. Yesterdays hit totally fazed a few people. I suggest that for the meantime, with reduced referral rewards, less bounties and coin rain and quizzes, and four (4) days of waiting before TAUX comes alive again, shouldn't there be a "special bounty program" or any sorts of the likes to make people busy with at the time being?
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
TAUCoin - fast, fair and secure
Letter to TAU community - persist with believers
Oct 18th was a very hard day for TAU to be hit by bugs and speculations. I will remember for life. Firstly, I thank you all for staying with TAU and me. Openning of entire process to the world is the right way and long term happy route no matter the price and risk. Everyone has to work for belief to win. TAU project is backed by my personal wealth, and I will persist it to the end. Given all this, our strategy will not change. Let's fixed the bug and restart for business on Monday. The hit yesterday is strong enough to get rid of non-believers. This world is composed of both believers and none. Up to now, we still have 80,000 users in TAU and increase 3,000 daily. It is still one of the largest crypto community. Let's move forward. - imorpheus
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315
earning coins from posting or sharing or liking on these social medias will be  very easy task to do, if the prices are good for TAU , i think even the TAU group considers that specific idea , they wont be offering much for posting, sharing or liking on social medias ,this is good during the airdrop phase when tokens remain simply tokens not close to the time when its going to be listed in an exchange or ready for swap

What i mean by this is to generate coins/income for users and not solely for developers as today's internet is. Plus the fact that security is centralized in current's internet phase, hacking of information and photos are becoming a great deal of concern. There could be more than ways of earning and is not limited to posting, liking so on and so forth... At the very least, users have their own keys and ownership and privacy while surfing the net.

It seems like some here agree with more ways of earning and some are depriving simple tasks such as social activity to conserved tau's value.

I think both of you have greater deal and positive objective for both and clearly only wants the best for the project. Right now, the team halt some of its earning way but that isn't stop there. As you all know they will integrate faucet system for taucoin plus lots of dapp will be release for this project. Continue raising the awareness of this even though there's no reward in the process is a great help.

By the way, TauX will be launch tomorrow and all these observation will change as we can see what was the impact of the long months of promotion of taucoin if investors will likely to buy those coins. 
Challenger in Space
The whitepaper of this project didn’t impress me, maybe I’m too picky. I know about this project for a long time and even participated in the first airdrop. There I still have coins and I almost forgot about them. I hope they will not make swap tokens in the future in order to keep them for a long time can get something from this project.

The white paper is too simple for me in reality but it does address the how's and why's of its creation and experiment. The reason why we, the community, are here is to create a constructive criticism to the white paper and possibly add suggestions to improve it.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
Got it and looking forward to the development of the mobile mining. On the other way around,  how TauX exchange will be like? I saw some screenshot about BTC pool inside, looks like it will be like direct exchange for taucoin. Honestly I like a traditional exchange where in there are bid to buy and ask to sell option. There will be something like that? I like this cause we can see and monitor the volume about the trading. We need it so community can see what was the demand of the coin.

TAUX is a direct exchange between BTC and TAU, round based (360 blocks). We'll make most data open.

Congrats genie on the start of TauX I think its already a success. I can see that potential investors are really on the way, I.noticed it during the swapping of taucoin but dumpers are still many. But I don't think the second round will be the same. I salute all the team who made this possible. By the way, is there no limit on the BTC pool? I mean I think its much better if have at least minimum pool for btc before the swapping happen to preserve taucoin price. What do you think?

There are limits for both entering BTC pool and withdraw, perhaps 0.001BTC (not sure). If we take today's 1st round as its face value, many dumpers don't reach withdraw limit. Actually, even if one really wants to dump, 1st round is probably a lousy choice.

Sorry bugs arise in today's 1st round. Hope our tech team can fix them and TAUX will be online again tomorrow.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Ive saw the launch of the exchange and I can see the overwhelming support and interest on the project. I can see a future on investing on your project. However the bug that has arise today and sudden halt of the exchange will affect the trust of the community. Nevertheless, I understand cause the project still on testnet and bugs like this is inevitable. Hope you fixed this problem and make sure to win back community trust. Still supporting you till the end.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
The whitepaper of this project didn’t impress me, maybe I’m too picky. I know about this project for a long time and even participated in the first airdrop. There I still have coins and I almost forgot about them. I hope they will not make swap tokens in the future in order to keep them for a long time can get something from this project.
Got it and looking forward to the development of the mobile mining. On the other way around,  how TauX exchange will be like? I saw some screenshot about BTC pool inside, looks like it will be like direct exchange for taucoin. Honestly I like a traditional exchange where in there are bid to buy and ask to sell option. There will be something like that? I like this cause we can see and monitor the volume about the trading. We need it so community can see what was the demand of the coin.

TAUX is a direct exchange between BTC and TAU, round based (360 blocks). We'll make most data open.
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Hello there what was the timeframe for the mobile mining? I think it's better to tie up with some firm that allready engage in this adpect of field? If you heard of Electroneum maybe Taucoin can follow the track they did for their mobile app regarding mobile mining. If full.node mining wont be supported so it cant fully compete on pc mining? It should be same with as POT is eco friendly mechanism right not unlike POW.

Thank you for your suggestions. I've heard of Electroneum but didn't look into details yet. Seems they need some POW, which is CPU memory friendly. Communication and latency is also a big problem. Seems Electroneum made partnership with many wireless service provider world wide.

Anyway, we are still in early stage of mobile mining research. No definite time frame yet.

----Edit below----
For mobile mining, Electroneum only simulates the mining process and rewards mobile device users from a pre-assigned pool. This improves "user experience" in some way, but their mobile mining actually has nothing to do with block generation or network security. PC based mining handles that job.

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
The social promotion cause me lots of thinking as how to raise awareness. Here is my logic for discussion.
We provide this referral bonus link to equite everyone way to make taucoin through their social and media network. The current setup is 168 - 124 - 185 for regular signon - referral bonus - referred signon. I think changing to 168 - 185 - 185 will make referral more attractive. With this folks will be happy to socialize the idea.
ETN is pow mobile mining, i think technically it is hard to combine off-chain resource proof with mobile device. POS/POT has potential to achieve mobile mining since both does not need physical resource. POS world tends to go dPOS with some permission/delegration strategy. POT tends to be more fitting to permissonless, which is more mobile.

Nice so meaning the POT is really design for the mobile mining as it permissionless feature. So mobile and pc mining couldnt have much difference on earning taucoin through mining since there is no power consumption needed. If i were miner I will resort to mobile since it very easy and more convenient to use with. I hope you can update the roadmap and include this mobile mining soon. I know youre just setting up and clearly I understand. Sorry I just overwhelm with the outcome when you release it already.
Hello there what was the timeframe for the mobile mining? I think it's better to tie up with some firm that allready engage in this adpect of field? If you heard of Electroneum maybe Taucoin can follow the track they did for their mobile app regarding mobile mining. If full.node mining wont be supported so it cant fully compete on pc mining? It should be same with as POT is eco friendly mechanism right not unlike POW.

Thank you for your suggestions. I've heard of Electroneum but didn't look into details yet. Seems they need some POW, which is CPU memory friendly. Communication and latency is also a big problem. Seems Electroneum made partnership with many wireless service provider world wide.

Anyway, we are still in early stage of mobile mining research. No definite time frame yet.

----Edit below----
For mobile mining, Electroneum only simulates the mining process and rewards mobile device users from a pre-assigned pool. This improves "user experience" in some way, but their mobile mining actually has nothing to do with block generation or network security. PC based mining handles that job.
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
TAUCoin - fast, fair and secure
The social promotion cause me lots of thinking as how to raise awareness. Here is my logic for discussion.
We provide this referral bonus link to equite everyone way to make taucoin through their social and media network. The current setup is 168 - 124 - 185 for regular signon - referral bonus - referred signon. I think changing to 168 - 185 - 185 will make referral more attractive. With this folks will be happy to socialize the idea.
ETN is pow mobile mining, i think technically it is hard to combine off-chain resource proof with mobile device. POS/POT has potential to achieve mobile mining since both does not need physical resource. POS world tends to go dPOS with some permission/delegration strategy. POT tends to be more fitting to permissonless, which is more mobile.
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
12 months debate on features and consensus is critical to get peer-reviewing on plan and constitution. So that 10 million TAU is reserved for this effort, 200K x 54 weeks.
Put entire network onto mobile platform is our vision and that is what need every expert to discuss. Decentralization also need consider how nodes hosted, if everyone hosted in AWS, that is not decentralized. If TAU network running on 1 million mobile nodes, that is true decentralized and permission-less.
However, there are huge technical barrier to achieve it. I could only say Proof of Transaction standing at best chance to accomplish it then POW.

Does mobile platform include mobile mining? If so, epoch rotation's cooldown must have a modification too.
TAU network running on millions of mobile nodes needs accuracy and speed. Also current mobile nodes have an external storage. A normal mobile cannot hold that much data when running a full node. A special support is also needed to maintain stability in connections as it moves from one network to another or a subnet to another.

We are still in early research stage for mobile mining. Storage space is certainly a major concern for mobile devices, along with communication. Full node mining probably won't be supported. Instead, some light mining mode will be developed.

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
earning coins from posting or sharing or liking on these social medias will be  very easy task to do, if the prices are good for TAU , i think even the TAU group considers that specific idea , they wont be offering much for posting, sharing or liking on social medias ,this is good during the airdrop phase when tokens remain simply tokens not close to the time when its going to be listed in an exchange or ready for swap

I think this is necessary but the rewards for it should be lower than before. Doing this can put the project into awareness how the projects work and social media is an easy way to do it.  More or less, it will become a norm for taucoin to be noted in this crypto space. Imagine even non crypto user will able to see a simple ads or share by the project, I think out of 10 people there are chances that 2 out of it will be interested with them. I can see that you want to preserve the value of taucoin but from what I see on the situation, taucoin needs a worldwide awareness and social media medium is the bridge for it.
Challenger in Space

What i mean by this is to generate coins/income for users and not solely for developers as today's internet is. Plus the fact that security is centralized in current's internet phase, hacking of information and photos are becoming a great deal of concern. There could be more than ways of earning and is not limited to posting, liking so on and so forth... At the very least, users have their own keys and ownership and privacy while surfing the net.
12 months debate on features and consensus is critical to get peer-reviewing on plan and constitution. So that 10 million TAU is reserved for this effort, 200K x 54 weeks.
Put entire network onto mobile platform is our vision and that is what need every expert to discuss. Decentralization also need consider how nodes hosted, if everyone hosted in AWS, that is not decentralized. If TAU network running on 1 million mobile nodes, that is true decentralized and permission-less.
However, there are huge technical barrier to achieve it. I could only say Proof of Transaction standing at best chance to accomplish it then POW.

Does mobile platform include mobile mining? If so, epoch rotation's cooldown must have a modification too.
TAU network running on millions of mobile nodes needs accuracy and speed. Also current mobile nodes have an external storage. A normal mobile cannot hold that much data when running a full node. A special support is also needed to maintain stability in connections as it moves from one network to another or a subnet to another.

We are still in early research stage for mobile mining. Storage space is certainly a major concern for mobile devices, along with communication. Full node mining probably won't be supported. Instead, some light mining mode will be developed.
It it possible to have a "double spend" before waiting for a checkpoint especially if the attacker has more than 50% of total mining power? Could this happen especially if a user receives/send a large number of coins? Would a checkpoint be too long before another transaction for that?

Before checkpoint, it is possible to reverse blocks and "double spend". With over 50% mining power, this has success probability of 1, but it takes longer to reverse older blocks. For a large amount transaction, it is advisable that the receiver wait longer, or better wait after checkpoint. With 360 blocks in an epoch, the longest confirmation time if you wait for checkpoint is about 12 hours.

The current choice of epoch length and checkpoint frequency is a trade-off between confirmation time and permanent fork possibility. We will certainly test and modify if necessary.
legendary
Is it really possible that taucoin can smoothly mine through mobile phone? I know that taucoin is built on an eco friendly system to mine taucoin but there are probably inconsistencies that arise from it. If you knew ETN, or electroneum, I was excited before when they announced the first ever mobile mining that will be launch via their blockchain but the app always crashed. I'm not sure about now if they pulled it off but using a PoW protocol there will be lag and error that will come out since they are utilizing a mechanism that needed great power to run. What is the effect of POT on mobile mining when run in test altready?. Or this is just hypothetical yet? As I can see only 13 people can only mine via a desktop and a definite application. How you plan to launch this? Via app?

Proof of transaction is different then POW
I remember dogecoin devs were thinking about it
You don|t need to use heavy hash for coin mining
It is really cool that there are some devs who want to explore that area

I see that, etn is one of the example. But as you can see, there are flaws to this and you know it. In sole description of PoW it is really an energy consuming protocol. POT has likewise different concept with regards to mining. Plus the fee is really realtively low compared to other coins. What I want to see is how this can smoothly via apps. Tell me a project that runs on a mobile unit that actually mining without any hassle. Except for POS which can easily earned coins by staking no doubt that POS is much better than PoW but Im waiting POT to beat them all.
Challenger in Space

legendary
I got a bit concern about the bounty, it says "bounty for 12 months", does that means the bounty campaign will be held as long as 12 month/1 year?
That is sure long bounty periods, i can't imagine if someone will be able to stand that long bounty.

Long bounty periods can promote stability and seriousness of the team. that is my opinion. Given that they have chosen to give away coins instead of using ICO to generate funds, we can their eagerness to grow alongside with the community.

You're right. Imagine other pioneer coins whom just settle for distribution and seed funding from private firms. Look at where they are now. A developer who serious on his project can see the determination to do so. The Taucoin management show those traits and the community responded well on that act. We can observed these achievement from spreading the awareness about the project it's like a lightning struck with rapid power. Obviously, we can't always predict what will be the outcome but we can make the result positive if we out our 100% support and contribute to this project.
Pages:
Jump to: