Pages:
Author

Topic: TAUCoin “Proof of Transaction” - features debate and bounty for 12 months - page 7. (Read 26435 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 6
Challenger in Space
It it possible to have a "double spend" before waiting for a checkpoint especially if the attacker has more than 50% of total mining power? Could this happen especially if a user receives/send a large number of coins? Would a checkpoint be too long before another transaction for that?
Challenger in Space
One of the highlights I am personally waiting for TAUcoin developers is to engage in a decentralized Internet. Just imagine surfing facebook, instagram,snapchat..etc (just for example), and EARNING coins from posting, making  videos, and other activities etc... while SECURING confidentiality of the users. I know we are a long long way from there but it could also be a good vision for the team because the INTERNET is basically on of the greatest application of knowledge mankind has. And our photos and messages are not safe from today's servers. With internet being decentralized, it will give more ways to highlight the usage of this coin in the future.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Serious bid with a long-term perspective.
How will ERC-20 tokens be associated with TAUcoin owners?
How will they be distributed and participate in the community?
Activity: 166
Merit: 10
TAUCoin - fast, fair and secure
12 months debate on features and consensus is critical to get peer-reviewing on plan and constitution. So that 10 million TAU is reserved for this effort, 200K x 54 weeks.
Put entire network onto mobile platform is our vision and that is what need every expert to discuss. Decentralization also need consider how nodes hosted, if everyone hosted in AWS, that is not decentralized. If TAU network running on 1 million mobile nodes, that is true decentralized and permission-less.
However, there are huge technical barrier to achieve it. I could only say Proof of Transaction standing at best chance to accomplish it then POW.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315
Yes, in my opinion, it is good information for Bounty and airdrop lovers like me that TAUCOIN held a gift distribution for bounty hunters and airdrop for 12 months. Let's use it to save TAUCOIN in our Wallet, who knows later it will be valuable as time goes by. We must think positively in everything.

Youre right, but Taucoin are more than just an airdrop giveaway. If you will noticed the devs of this project started to reduced the way on how to get taucoin slowly. This is a necessary procedure to gain more liquidity during its long time promotions. It's not that they deprived the coins. If you their coin metrics, 82% will be distributed on the community. How many in circulation now? roughly 240millions at hand when I last checked it. There are 10billions of taucoin in all and we are just at tiny bits of circulation. I like the idea that they will spread gradually through developers bounty. In this way, the project grows and focus on delivering a great platform that caters other project through business enterprise. This week has a lot of massive great news that has been release, through that span many was accomplished along the way, and I'll be there when the time this project succeeded.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
The Taucoin will release own exchange on 18th right called TauX? I can see that the original plan was the Tau foundation supposedly put 60k tokens pool on the exchange every 360blocks but now will not participate to it. This will be a good confidence on the community response. However, the coins are distributed through giveaway right? So the 200plus million coin holders are those who participated on the bounty and contest. I think to gain liquidity aside from the Tau Capital business section. You should offer a trading contest to engage activity on the taucoin exchange. Draft a certain prizes for highest traders and reward them also on their exchange deposit balance. I think it will be a good move to encourage trading. Also, can you applied on insitutional crypto group such as CMC if you reached necessary volume? I think better way is also list them on other known exchange aside from TAUX to add more possible liquidation.
Challenger in Space
The ideal plan is to make all mining mobile, so that difficulty kind of adjustment is not nice option. Once the offchain arms race starts, cell phone can not compete. Blocktime adjustment seems to be likely to done via hardfork, when many miner feels that 1 min is too long, then hardfork will appear. Adjustable blocksize is currently implemented in plan through multiple blocks such as eos. I think this is a safe bet for now. Looking forward to hear more.

Difficulty adjustment only changes expected block time (base target in NXT), it doesn't lead to arms race. Block time change doesn't have to be hard fork, it can be achieved through difficulty adjustment.

For block size, what is the advantage of multiple blocks over one large block?

I think there are more disadvantages of multiple blocks over one large block as it increases difficulty while decreasing order and efficiency in the database.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
How can you be sure that the community will not lose interest after TAU-X comes? With 10B total supply and huge amounts of airdrops, most of the airdroppers will dump for sure. Is there a way to prevent this? Maybe the team can give credit (additional coins) for hodlers just like NPXS token has been doing. So that those who wishes to sell will most likely not benefit except for their btc's.

imorpheus has written an article regarding this:
https://medium.com/@davidwu_30530/price-guidance-for-tau-valution-of-your-time-and-judgement-to-future-c6032d1b4497
Challenger in Space
I am really a newbie on this thing and so far I need to clarify things. I haven't seen tps average anywhere here. Does it mean that the tau blockchain has not included it amongst to be criticizedor it is not relevant since it is POT? I think there are many coins out there who are also taking time to increase tps to allow faster and more convenient ways of dealing with personal and other matters. Second is that transaction power would be overloaded over time due to a more frequent transactions especially when it's high time to include taucoin in other exchanges thus increasing its fee. There was a time when i had too many small transactions in my account that it is not counted already. I read in the whitepaper about iTAU and i think it's great. Third it could be said that mining club leaders have the advantage for the distribution of coins per transactions. Also, regarding the Telegram bounty for communities, the owner of the group has the capacity to involve or not involve the rest of the community in its designated reward distribution. With regards to application of protocols and programs, I wish the devs have planned in advanced what courses to take especially that they have chosen POT as consensus mechanism over POW,POS and others. not that I think about involving the community is a bad idea but truth is, most of the time, without solid future plans, it slows the progress no matter how great the team is. Maybe we could also update the roadmap, shoud I say? And lastly mass adoption will require a lot of partnerships from big and small companies and entrepreneurs. A p2p-like transaction would be good example or a good start and these prospects in today's genaration are generally pointed towards the young people and young adults with exposure to their common interests like online shopping, gaming, ebooks, shared apps, music and video downloading, and other economic and societal and most especially governmental operations.

TPS is actually seriously considered in TAU. Our current client version supports transaction volume up to about 4000 per block, or 67 per second. As you said, transaction volume will grow after TAU-X and other exchange come into the game. White paper v0.4 has outlined some solutions to this, in Chapter 7 Section "Scalability". The basic idea is that transaction volume/fee increase can be detected and written into block header, so that block size or block time can be adjusted when needed.

And yes, business participation is important. TAU has start-up bounty for this purpose.
That is the thing, 67 tps is a bit slow in my opinion. With 10B TSupply and 260MCsupply, only time will tell when the  network is gonna congested. When btc hits 15kusd-19kusd, fees rang from 10-20usd . They should think of this in advance

When mass adoption happen like what happend on bitcoin. clearly iy will affect on the scalability  aspect. Remember how fast bitcoin transaction before and now it become surpass by most coin. I think so far, XRB is the fastest when it comes to volume speed per block. I will take note of the specifics on your whitepaper regarding this. I heard that you will launch an exchange on the 18th. From there we can really observed how the speed of transaction increases in due time. Since daily transaction will happen and how the system will react to it. But conaidering the blocks tau can support, that is amazing already. Hope it can happen already when exchange launches.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315
Is it really possible that taucoin can smoothly mine through mobile phone? I know that taucoin is built on an eco friendly system to mine taucoin but there are probably inconsistencies that arise from it. If you knew ETN, or electroneum, I was excited before when they announced the first ever mobile mining that will be launch via their blockchain but the app always crashed. I'm not sure about now if they pulled it off but using a PoW protocol there will be lag and error that will come out since they are utilizing a mechanism that needed great power to run. What is the effect of POT on mobile mining when run in test altready?. Or this is just hypothetical yet? As I can see only 13 people can only mine via a desktop and a definite application. How you plan to launch this? Via app?
Challenger in Space
I got a bit concern about the bounty, it says "bounty for 12 months", does that means the bounty campaign will be held as long as 12 month/1 year?
That is sure long bounty periods, i can't imagine if someone will be able to stand that long bounty.

Long bounty periods can promote stability and seriousness of the team. that is my opinion. Given that they have chosen to give away coins instead of using ICO to generate funds, we can their eagerness to grow alongside with the community.
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
I got a bit concern about the bounty, it says "bounty for 12 months", does that means the bounty campaign will be held as long as 12 month/1 year?
That is sure long bounty periods, i can't imagine if someone will be able to stand that long bounty.

I think youre concern is a bit shallow on this matter. Im not that familiar with taucoin yet so far, but starting to get hyped by the rapis growth of their community and lots of rumors being heard here. I started to read their whitepaper and learn some stuff specially on the tau wallet they have been using together with the blockchain and consensus mechanism on the process. I like that new concept are being done by this developer and unique has something worth in cypto. The long bounty isnt wasted for this. Remember, NANO when itwas still on its early stage? I remembered their coin distribution runs almost 2 years and look where it is now. It's about the project concept and idea we are dealing here and improving not just a reward coind for you to sell when it hit exchange.
Challenger in Space
How can you be sure that the community will not lose interest after TAU-X comes? With 10B total supply and huge amounts of airdrops, most of the airdroppers will dump for sure. Is there a way to prevent this? Maybe the team can give credit (additional coins) for hodlers just like NPXS token has been doing. So that those who wishes to sell will most likely not benefit except for their btc's.
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
I am really a newbie on this thing and so far I need to clarify things. I haven't seen tps average anywhere here. Does it mean that the tau blockchain has not included it amongst to be criticizedor it is not relevant since it is POT? I think there are many coins out there who are also taking time to increase tps to allow faster and more convenient ways of dealing with personal and other matters. Second is that transaction power would be overloaded over time due to a more frequent transactions especially when it's high time to include taucoin in other exchanges thus increasing its fee. There was a time when i had too many small transactions in my account that it is not counted already. I read in the whitepaper about iTAU and i think it's great. Third it could be said that mining club leaders have the advantage for the distribution of coins per transactions. Also, regarding the Telegram bounty for communities, the owner of the group has the capacity to involve or not involve the rest of the community in its designated reward distribution. With regards to application of protocols and programs, I wish the devs have planned in advanced what courses to take especially that they have chosen POT as consensus mechanism over POW,POS and others. not that I think about involving the community is a bad idea but truth is, most of the time, without solid future plans, it slows the progress no matter how great the team is. Maybe we could also update the roadmap, shoud I say? And lastly mass adoption will require a lot of partnerships from big and small companies and entrepreneurs. A p2p-like transaction would be good example or a good start and these prospects in today's genaration are generally pointed towards the young people and young adults with exposure to their common interests like online shopping, gaming, ebooks, shared apps, music and video downloading, and other economic and societal and most especially governmental operations.

TPS is actually seriously considered in TAU. Our current client version supports transaction volume up to about 4000 per block, or 67 per second. As you said, transaction volume will grow after TAU-X and other exchange come into the game. White paper v0.4 has outlined some solutions to this, in Chapter 7 Section "Scalability". The basic idea is that transaction volume/fee increase can be detected and written into block header, so that block size or block time can be adjusted when needed.

And yes, business participation is important. TAU has start-up bounty for this purpose.

When mass adoption happen like what happend on bitcoin. clearly iy will affect on the scalability  aspect. Remember how fast bitcoin transaction before and now it become surpass by most coin. I think so far, XRB is the fastest when it comes to volume speed per block. I will take note of the specifics on your whitepaper regarding this. I heard that you will launch an exchange on the 18th. From there we can really observed how the speed of transaction increases in due time. Since daily transaction will happen and how the system will react to it. But conaidering the blocks tau can support, that is amazing already. Hope it can happen already when exchange launches.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250

Is it really possible that taucoin can smoothly mine through mobile phone? I know that taucoin is built on an eco friendly system to mine taucoin but there are probably inconsistencies that arise from it. If you knew ETN, or electroneum, I was excited before when they announced the first ever mobile mining that will be launch via their blockchain but the app always crashed. I'm not sure about now if they pulled it off but using a PoW protocol there will be lag and error that will come out since they are utilizing a mechanism that needed great power to run. What is the effect of POT on mobile mining when run in test altready?. Or this is just hypothetical yet? As I can see only 13 people can only mine via a desktop and a definite application. How you plan to launch this? Via app?

I totally agree with your concern. Our dev team is working on TAU-X right now. Mobile mining through APP is our plan. We will certainly test thoroughly before launching.

Compute power (although TAU is very low on this), p2p communication, power consumption (battery) are some major concerns for mobile mining.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

Proof of transaction is different then POW
I remember dogecoin devs were thinking about it
You don|t need to use heavy hash for coin mining
It is really cool that there are some devs who want to explore that area
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
A project that is able to provide good opportunities in the campaign, in this case, there are certainly many who are interested and within 12 months, is a good enough time to get it.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
How will ERC-20 tokens be associated with TAUcoin owners?
How will they be distributed and participate in the community?
Love raising questions. Regarding support third party exchanges without infliction, mentioned in “plan”.
There are more than 3000 exchanges. The best way to make them support TAU coin is to create a ERC20 compatible token that is linked to TAU native coin such as USDT linking USD notes. We call this TAUT.
TAU foundation will lockup a portion of TAU native such as 100 million, then issue 100 million TAUT on ERC20; at the same time, the TAU exchange will support an automatic swap program to allow TAUT holders to swap with TAU holders.
With this all the ERC 20 ready wallets and exchange can use and trade TAU.
Very interesting.Create your own stable coin is simply genius idea
Finally some innovative project
will look that later because is very late in my place
Pages:
Jump to: