Pages:
Author

Topic: Taxes and regulations - page 2. (Read 2193 times)

Activity: 1017
Merit: 107
Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card
February 15, 2019, 06:38:00 AM
Taxes are funds collected from the community used by the government to finance the state. Every person who already has income must pay taxes. The tax calculation applies equally to everyone including the president, businessman or ordinary employee.

So in my opinion, even though crypto is considered a means of payment in a country, crypto holders also have to pay taxes.
I strongly agree, because taxes and regulations are the authority of the government with the aim of the development and prosperity of the people.
Without tax, the government cannot move the construction wheels so that the expected simultaneous effects such as a developing economy can be expected.
Therefore crypto must be taxed, but it is too burdensome so that crypto trading can grow.
taxes from cryptocurrency market has good potency.i am sure cryptocurrency will contributed huge amount to government income source if they already regulated it.and they have to consider it.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
February 15, 2019, 05:40:16 AM
If crypto is considered a property and taxed, I think this will be a tremendous pressure for crypto holders even though in the future crypto prices will improve, because crypto is an invisible asset, unlike gold.

I think indeed with the tax for bitcoin, indeed it will reduce the income that has been generated by people. because until now the bitcoin is in demand by many people, because it is not taxed.

By imposing taxes the cryptocurrency ecosystem will be more clear to people as it is right now too vague to understand especially merchandisers cannot implement crypto as a payment method easily because the regulation is unclear. I think that bitcoin is already taxable indirectly from the government. The difference that can be done is to be taxed upon a transaction which I think will be disastrous.
Activity: 397
Merit: 10
February 14, 2019, 11:42:51 PM
Taxes are funds collected from the community used by the government to finance the state. Every person who already has income must pay taxes. The tax calculation applies equally to everyone including the president, businessman or ordinary employee.

So in my opinion, even though crypto is considered a means of payment in a country, crypto holders also have to pay taxes.
I strongly agree, because taxes and regulations are the authority of the government with the aim of the development and prosperity of the people.
Without tax, the government cannot move the construction wheels so that the expected simultaneous effects such as a developing economy can be expected.
Therefore crypto must be taxed, but it is too burdensome so that crypto trading can grow.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
December 23, 2018, 01:39:39 PM
With the campaign of denigration towards the crypto, governments have achieved their goal, that is, removing "average" people from virtual currencies.
Thus, they reduced the phenomenon - which will now take time to recover - and in the meantime have gained time to study a system to control the currency market. We'll see what happens.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
December 23, 2018, 12:25:47 PM
If crypto is considered a property and taxed, I think this will be a tremendous pressure for crypto holders even though in the future crypto prices will improve, because crypto is an invisible asset, unlike gold.

I think indeed with the tax for bitcoin, indeed it will reduce the income that has been generated by people. because until now the bitcoin is in demand by many people, because it is not taxed.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 167
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
December 23, 2018, 11:40:52 AM

Activity: 1232
December 23, 2018, 03:32:05 AM
Today I was on a conference in Vilnius and went on a lecture about cryptocurrencies. I would like to share some aspects which I did't see so clear before. As we know, among those states which want to regulate cryptos, there are those which consider them as property and others as means of payment. The first approach is usually seen when there are tax companies around, because money is not taxed, but possession is. So when a state days they consider cryptos as property, it means they are getting taxed, while this is not the case with means of payment.
What do you think of this?
They can not tax us. This is a decentralized market, and government is just a normal account. It can not control the freedom of the Crypto market. They do not have the power to control everything. So we can easily evade taxes by creating many electronic wallets.

Countries which has no open crypto payment system unlike Japan, they have to convert it to local fiat in order to finally use their cryptos. And the govt. can then easily tax their citizens whenever they convert from crypto to fiat. Even if it is a decentralized system, the government will find ways to tax them and remember cryptos are not 100% anonymous, so the government will find those who will be evading taxes.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
December 23, 2018, 01:49:45 AM
Today I was on a conference in Vilnius and went on a lecture about cryptocurrencies. I would like to share some aspects which I did't see so clear before. As we know, among those states which want to regulate cryptos, there are those which consider them as property and others as means of payment. The first approach is usually seen when there are tax companies around, because money is not taxed, but possession is. So when a state days they consider cryptos as property, it means they are getting taxed, while this is not the case with means of payment.
In whatever official status the cryptocurrency does not remain, the states will still, if they wish, establish a tax on the use of cryptocurrency and the receipt of profit from it. We know that cryptocurrency is recognized in Japan as a means of payment. However, the government there has set a fairly high level of tax and is now going to soften it.
Activity: 532
November 07, 2018, 07:39:56 AM
They can not tax us. This is a decentralized market, and government is just a normal account. It can not control the freedom of the Crypto market. They do not have the power to control everything. So we can easily evade taxes by creating many electronic wallets.
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
November 07, 2018, 07:15:59 AM
I think regulations for crypto currrency is hard to be implemented now a days. Taxation is part of the government policy, nobody could disobey this kind of law for this would proceed to the development of the nation.
Activity: 328
October 24, 2018, 04:51:03 PM
In my opinion, if this bitcoin is used as a payment tool, then this bitcoin will not be taxed because something that is a medium of exchange is not a taxpayer, but if it is used as part of the investment, taxes may be used, because something that can increase the wealth or value of an item will be charged value-added tax
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 24, 2018, 01:37:42 PM
I think crypto currency is used widely now as an investment option, so i think the government should just tax it as an investment option. I myself think that the government should have a cutnon the piece of the crypto currency pie so that the government xan protect the interest of the hoders of crypto currency.
That's for security purposes why the authorities implemented it, but this wasn't general yet. Some countries has no regulations and taxes for cryptocurrency. I think some planned for regulations but not yet established due to some conflicts of crypto operators, who hasn't yet doing well on their business.
I don't see any reason why the government of the countries who are yet to legalized cryptocurrencies will regulate or place a tax on cryptocurrency not to talk of they trying to protect the interest of the holder of cryptocurrency. Unless, if those government are selfish type.

Well i don't think it's time for that yet since many exchanges are still not implimenting kyc's and it would be a little difficult to track anonymous investors. The problem with taxing it is opens up this market to government corruption which is basically what people in here are happily enjoying without.
Activity: 295
October 23, 2018, 10:52:59 AM
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
October 23, 2018, 10:24:18 AM
I think crypto currency is used widely now as an investment option, so i think the government should just tax it as an investment option. I myself think that the government should have a cutnon the piece of the crypto currency pie so that the government xan protect the interest of the hoders of crypto currency.
That's for security purposes why the authorities implemented it, but this wasn't general yet. Some countries has no regulations and taxes for cryptocurrency. I think some planned for regulations but not yet established due to some conflicts of crypto operators, who hasn't yet doing well on their business.
I don't see any reason why the government of the countries who are yet to legalized cryptocurrencies will regulate or place a tax on cryptocurrency not to talk of they trying to protect the interest of the holder of cryptocurrency. Unless, if those government are selfish type.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
October 23, 2018, 09:41:33 AM
how can the government cut taxes if it hasn't legalized it. most countries in the world in that position. maybe it can apply to countries that have legalized it, of course there are separate regulations
Activity: 406
Merit: 36
October 23, 2018, 08:35:40 AM
Capital gain tax! That is what I believe most governments will end up seeing it as in the long run. Taxes and regulation is something we obviously cannot run away from and the fact remains that government will find a way to benefit and at least control the space against any fraudulent activity that would probably limit the space from growing in the long run or create fear in the minds of investors from utilizing the space, so regulation will obviously be a welcome development, but I hope though that most governments will be lenient on the taxes.
Activity: 658
October 22, 2018, 10:40:30 PM
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
October 22, 2018, 09:33:02 PM
Taxes are good, no doubts about that because it is the means through which most of the development in a country is based on. Crypto users pay taxes indirectly through the exchange transaction fees. These exchanges are taxed in the end.
Regulating crypto makes it centralized, hence some benefits may cease to exists such as the elimination of the interruptions of third parties.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
October 22, 2018, 09:26:11 PM
Activity: 87
October 22, 2018, 07:54:46 PM
For me each BTC accumulation is acquired at different USD prices and it varies time to time depending on which country you are living. This is the real issue that nobody is addressing this should not be taxed as long as its not being managed by the government.  In addition to this, there is no gain or loss when cryptos are exchanged since they are of equal value at the time of the exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: