Pages:
Author

Topic: Taxes and regulations - page 3. (Read 2193 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
September 20, 2018, 01:57:53 PM
Today I was on a conference in Vilnius and went on a lecture about cryptocurrencies. I would like to share some aspects which I did't see so clear before. As we know, among those states which want to regulate cryptos, there are those which consider them as property and others as means of payment. The first approach is usually seen when there are tax companies around, because money is not taxed, but possession is. So when a state days they consider cryptos as property, it means they are getting taxed, while this is not the case with means of payment.
What do you think of this?
Cryptocurrency can be considered as a means of payment, but can be a means of exchange. Everyone has different opinions on this matter
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
September 20, 2018, 05:12:52 AM
I think as a means of payment will be taxed but it is not. And it happened in Germany, the government decided that bitcoin was recognized as a legal tender and not taxed, as stated at TMNews https://trademarketsnews.com/germany-recognized-bitcoin-legal-tender/
Activity: 588
Merit: 257
September 20, 2018, 04:56:41 AM
I believe getting crypto currencies taxed is same thing as doing it over the stocks and bonds trading. They are asset and so as to crypto currencies are!! The tax is when you are trading something with buy and sell processes and having the difference between the exchange rates. This is because you are gaining something out of these trades and thus you must share a tax proportion to the government so that your income remains tracked and contributing. Crypto currencies are not real money as we know. They all are assets and nothing else so its no wonder if they are taxing it. I guess in my country the situation is something like this only.
Activity: 295
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 04:31:50 AM
Cryptocurrency should be accepted as a legitimate payment instrument first, then follow the rules and taxes applied by the governments of each country.
Activity: 476
August 30, 2018, 10:37:59 PM
I think I'll view crypto currency as an investment or stock since in this part of the world, we don't yet see crypto currency as anything so we are fairly neutral about it. But what i do when I'm paying my taxes is to not cash out my crypto, because once i did i will get taxed from those returns.
Activity: 180
Merit: 0
August 30, 2018, 09:58:28 PM
For me, I agree if the Government will charge tax on bitcoin and set about cryptocurrency though this is contrary to the nature of the bitcoin decentralized. because lately lots of ICO that scam and of course this make the investors suffer losses. So by regulation of the Government I hope the world of cryptocurrency will be more orderly and save.
Activity: 127
August 17, 2018, 07:45:46 AM
in my opinion, the government is currently trying to make regulations by imposing taxes to seek their own benefits from bitcoin holders, for me taxes for bitcoin transactions are not a problem for me but, must be with clear rules
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
August 17, 2018, 07:27:02 AM
Today I was on a conference in Vilnius and went on a lecture about cryptocurrencies. I would like to share some aspects which I did't see so clear before. As we know, among those states which want to regulate cryptos, there are those which consider them as property and others as means of payment. The first approach is usually seen when there are tax companies around, because money is not taxed, but possession is. So when a state days they consider cryptos as property, it means they are getting taxed, while this is not the case with means of payment.
if there any tax for crypto, where it will be distribute to? because tax usually refers to the area where the taxes and regulations are made, and aso for what the taxes are made for crypto?
Activity: 476
August 17, 2018, 06:33:38 AM
I think any transaction involving payment of cryptocurrencies should be taxed but it should be lesser than using money. The purpose of taxation is to put some regulation and monitoring on the governent side. This will give more security on cryptocurrecies.

Honestly as what my opinion all about that in terms of online income which is bitcoin the taxes is not necessary because it can minimize the people to joined.Unlike regulation that it is important that many people followed the rules to make the system stronger.
that's wrong opinion i think.personally tax policy will make new investor come.they will feel comfort about new regulation that allow goverment attrack taxes from market.
Activity: 980
August 15, 2018, 01:09:23 AM
I hope that more and more countries are making regulations about bitcoin like Japan, now the Japanese government feels great benefits because many of its citizens pay taxes from the income of cryptocurrencies.
their income from cryptocurrency maybe very big amount.and if all goverment implemented same policy, they will get taxes like japan.
Activity: 431
August 15, 2018, 01:03:12 AM
I hope that more and more countries are making regulations about bitcoin like Japan, now the Japanese government feels great benefits because many of its citizens pay taxes from the income of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 238
August 15, 2018, 12:54:29 AM
There are countless  obligations and regulations that goes on in the taxation system. To some people, taxes serves the country with numerous job creation avenues. This taxes help to take up projects in the society or country as a whole
Activity: 462
August 15, 2018, 12:34:04 AM
in my opinion the taxes and regulations for cryptocurrency are not very important and cryptocurrencies like bitcoin will never be able to give taxes to the government and will not be subject to regulation from any country. bitcoin is the safest solution for transactions and anonymous.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
August 14, 2018, 09:54:52 PM

actually it is bitcoin spent that are being taxed and considered taxable, but possessing bitcoin is otherwise, i think that is simply what they are trying to say, it is like having money in your wallet, every penny gained from service is taxed and shouldered by the people who paid you, same as salary though, salaries and wages are subject for tax depending on the country you belong, but possessing money that was passed on to you virtually is a different thing since there are no existing law that deals with virtual currencies yet.
Activity: 210
August 14, 2018, 08:11:57 PM
talking about the problems that are happening right now and it is always talked to every government. and in most countries with regulation or some of them, in our country a bitcoin is not yet accepted but as far as I know someday the bitcoin is open to all its regulations even though it has been gradually beginning for a transaction with them, and only begins for an investment or a good asset, and also for those performing other tests to begin as a payment obligation.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 278
August 14, 2018, 03:12:24 AM
Why do they even want to collect taxes.  It is not right.
Why this isn't right thing? We are asking for legalization of bitcoin but we aren’t really ready for paying tax. When you get safe thing from government then why not to pay for such safe thing. We should move this thinking out. Government is giving you best facilities so you should embrace it with much welcoming way. Taxes are okay if obtained results are good at the end of day.
Activity: 378
August 14, 2018, 03:04:35 AM
in each country have different policies about tax, in the country money and property are taxed but bitcoin is still not legal so bitcoin is still not taxed, I don't mind the government imposes a bitcoin tax if it's used for the development of the country, because in my country has a lot of corruption
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
August 14, 2018, 02:50:05 AM
To be honest I use crypto as an asset,  most of the times at least. But my opinion is that crypto should be used for paying and not holding. After all bitcoin is made to be currency and not asset. But governments will not accept crypto without taxes, so I guess taxes are maybe inevitable. At the end, opinion of common people matters little.

From the moment that I've learn cryptocurrency community and read some thread about taxation issues and from this i believe that every profiteering requires tax since this is a every people's obligation to their country

Whats the problem here is how would this be implemented and how much it cost or percentage from every earnings.so let us be open about this guys for our own benefits because we cant win over governments
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
August 14, 2018, 01:54:54 AM
For me right now it is a property. However I want to see cryptos mass adopted in the future and be a way of payment method.
I believe both will exist in the future with a new fork separating these two categories or a new technology that will bring the diversification of those two.
Activity: 786
Merit: 270
August 14, 2018, 01:05:09 AM
Honestly as what my opinion all about that in terms of online income which is bitcoin the taxes is not necessary because it can minimize the people to joined.Unlike regulation that it is important that many people followed the rules to make the system stronger.
I think we should start making it stronger slowly and gradually. There are people who favors bitcoin and its regulations and there are some other groups too who opposes this with much aggression. So better is we would let this matter to be solved by governments. Although we couldn’t just hope better from our politicians to think positive about us but still, let’s hope.
Pages:
Jump to: