Pages:
Author

Topic: Technology improves we work more. - page 18. (Read 23959 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 08:22:34 PM
I think you are telling the truth, because I also see a lot of companies with good technology but only give a little wage to the workers and after I calculate the salary of the worker is only enough to meet the necessities of life such as to buy food and drinks, maybe still be able set aside a little money but to buy a house might have to be able to work 5-10 years
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
September 13, 2018, 08:07:36 PM
The goal of technology was for everyone to have easier lives and work less. Well todays generations have it much tougher.  They are working for much lower wages and longer hours.  Its next to impossible for millenials to purchase a house on their own.  Something here itsn't right, Capitalism?
All right you say, can't all people be millionaires. There will be those people who will work for another person, for a fixed fee and will have a house in a mortgage for 50 years and there will be people who will live on credit. It is a pity to see such people who are sold for money.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
September 13, 2018, 08:02:53 PM
The goal of technology was for everyone to have easier lives and work less. Well todays generations have it much tougher.  They are working for much lower wages and longer hours.  Its next to impossible for millenials to purchase a house on their own.  Something here itsn't right, Capitalism?
There's a study going on about this, people want to change workdays from 5 to 4. I can already imagine companies implementing this as an attractive option, give employees lesser wages, and make them work for like 16-18 hours a day. To change this the world's perspective on how things are seen needs to be changed, but we know that is never going to happen. So we just have to suck all of this up, work our asses off,and still struggle to make ends meet.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
September 13, 2018, 07:56:32 PM
Oh, are you kidding OP? Computer wasn't intended for playing high-end graphics games, at first it was invented for solving math problems. It saves a lot of time, currently civil war isn't as dangerous as economic war. You don't need to everytime go in bank for paying something, you don't need to go in airports to book a ticket, you can everything do easily online at home. Can you imagine how much time do we save? That's why everything develops so rapidly from the begining of 20th century, yeah 20th because this is the century invented by Tesla, this scientist was amazing and took electricity on another level.
Activity: 78
September 13, 2018, 07:46:03 PM
Technology improves yes, but it hasn't improved to that level yet. I mean not everything can be solved with technology, we have a long way to go before we can really work less.
Activity: 126
Merit: 3
September 13, 2018, 07:35:00 PM
Technology is not to be blamed for our economy today and the hardships that young people undergo. It does really makes our lives easier especially its applications on healthcare. What should be blamed our governments that mishandle the economy and big businesses that abuse the working public.
Activity: 340
Merit: 101
September 13, 2018, 07:34:09 PM
Not capitalists are to blame for the fact that in a technological society to replace the usual hard workers come robots and automated machines that do not need to pay a premium or pay sick leave.
And policy here toe not with. Every person at the very beginning of his life path should understand the rules of life. Many people have an old belief in their head that they need to exchange their time for money. Instead of working for pleasure and receiving gifts in the form of money as gratitude. Money was created by people. And money as a slave must work for man. And it turns out the opposite. People work for money. And people are hostages and slaves of money... Very sad...
Activity: 364
Merit: 2
September 13, 2018, 07:20:55 PM
In general, houses are a part of assets, but my country is not necessarily good for owning a home owing to the declining population and earthquake big country.
As you say, technology evolution and capitalism have parts that do not match and part. On the other hand, there are also good aspects. For example, labor productivity has increased and lifespan has increased.
Activity: 554
Merit: 100
September 13, 2018, 07:07:58 PM
Yes you are right technoly help for your daily life and giving you and easy day just because of technology just like today bitcoin is a new technology of money or we called digital money and it is improving and updating every single day but we everything have advantages and disadvantages so that always be carefull on what you are entering or joining.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
September 13, 2018, 07:06:17 PM
The goal of technology was for everyone to have easier lives and work less. Well todays generations have it much tougher.  They are working for much lower wages and longer hours.  Its next to impossible for millenials to purchase a house on their own.  Something here itsn't right, Capitalism?
In some countries like the US i've heard that this is illegal. I'm not sure if other countries has the same or different set of rules about people getting below minimum wages.

You're right with technology improving but putting the blame on technology because there are people who get paid less by working more isn't right. It can be convenient working with the technology we have now but you can't expect results to always improve.

Also saw this thread that's kind of related to the topic.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
September 13, 2018, 07:04:58 PM
The goal of technology was for everyone to have easier lives and work less. Well todays generations have it much tougher.  They are working for much lower wages and longer hours.  Its next to impossible for millenials to purchase a house on their own.  Something here itsn't right, Capitalism?

Not really sure where you living at but if work has something to do with technology, then the pay should be commensurate on your tech skills so its not lower wages, in my opinion. So if you work longer hours then obviously bigger pay.

So its possible that they can purchase a house of their own. I guess every generation has this mind set and not applicable for millennials alone, I myself was a IT graduate and find good job and nice pay and was able to purchase a house myself.

I don't think that's what he meant. He meant that the tools and the way we used to complete jobs have evolved thanks to technology, yet our working hours are still the same and wages are not getting better. For example, we used pens and papers to fill out data (for companies, governments, Public Relations, etc.), we moved to typing machines, then we got computers and laptops. The way we type became better and faster, still wages are the same (if not worse), and it is still from 9–5. Apply this to most jobs and professions nowadays to get the picture.
Activity: 446
Merit: 12
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO
September 13, 2018, 06:57:42 PM

Im sure its still possible, be sure and optimistic
But, if we depend on that and all our economic needs with blockchain technology, it cannot be done so real work still needs
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
September 13, 2018, 06:53:25 PM
along with the development of technology, we are required to be able to master all things about technology precisely in my opinion, technological developments make our lives more practical, than what is usually conventionally done by humans now replaced by machines with better and faster results, but for those who are less understanding their technology, they feel disadvantaged and have to work more than usual
Activity: 627
Merit: 14
Crypto Article Sharer!!!
September 13, 2018, 06:50:06 PM
Yes, technology is improving day by day. For improving technology, we able to work easily and also it ensure the fastest way. Technology helps us to minimize our pain. It's really great.
Activity: 238
September 13, 2018, 06:48:58 PM
yes indeed with today's technology everyone can be helped, but the downside is, someone is getting lazier with others. or rather they will live a monotonous life or be too spoiled. most kids are spoiled children who are spoiled for technology, making them look stupid
Activity: 266
September 13, 2018, 06:46:45 PM
I really agree with your opinion, more and more graduates are unemployed. and if you already have a job, surely the job has a long time. with the development of technologies such as cryptocurrency, I think this will greatly help one's economy. so they can buy whatever they want.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 273
September 13, 2018, 06:43:27 PM

Here there is one thing that is not right in this world of technology the kids the new era, the new generation is exposed to much as early as a 4 years old.

Why Am I saying this? Because "some" do not but toys anymore they buy there kids technology and download games for making there kids smart and work out there brain and there eyes and brain that is draining from radiation. For the results your kids as early age may develop a very painful to radiation sickness which can cause damage to early exposure of technology.

Also yes we know that technology is good and helpful but we should know how to use it properly even for aldults.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
September 13, 2018, 06:42:56 PM
The goal of technology was for everyone to have easier lives and work less. Well todays generations have it much tougher.  They are working for much lower wages and longer hours.  Its next to impossible for millenials to purchase a house on their own.

Technology makes it easier to organize and coordinate. The trouble with that is, the only people who actually use it for that purpose are governments and corporations. The public almost never uses it to inform themselves, organize unions or boycotts or do anything useful.

In this sense, technology gives elites a distinct advantage while not doing as much to empower average or ordinary people.

Something here itsn't right, Capitalism?

The only reason to #BlameCapitalism is if you're unhappy with making your own decisions / owning property & want the government to own and control everything. Blame capitalism is pro totalitarianism. When you eliminate capitalism, totalitarianism and government control is all you have left.

The reason people in cuba build rafts to immigrate into america is so that they might have the freedom to start their own business, own their own property and have basic rights which capitalism grants them. Countries like cuba, north korea and venezuela are where people who hate capitalism should live. Maybe then they might appreciate and be thankful for what they have & not be so quick to support throwing it away.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
September 13, 2018, 06:30:52 PM
Everything is possible if you believe on it. I personally work as a minimum wage earner and yet I earn enough money for my future simply because I don’t depend on my salary alone, this market helps me to become more financially free. Millennials should know how to invest money so they can have extra profit to use for their future.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
September 13, 2018, 06:13:33 PM
Like you said, technology is just there to make life easier but you also have to understand that it is not technology that will pay your wages as that is totally on your employer and has nothing to do with technology.

I can't believe it can be that bad that if you have a solid skill and a good educational background, you won't be able to find a well paying job. If you know your worth on a normal day, You won't settle for less, unless you are living in a country where the unemployment rate is high.
Technology do evolves which would really make our work faster and convenient compared on the past generations and I agree on the thing you do said that technology itself wont really be the one to give us the money to make our daily living.This is why we do end up on working and using up these technologies but somehow when it comes to difficulty i can say that it is way more accessible and convenience into these generations.
Pages:
Jump to: