Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 103. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 544
Merit: 500
For the sake of getting rid of small blocks, would it be possible to add a combine threshold / split threshold option (i.e. like what has been done with the CAP wallet)? This could be really helpful to control the splitting of blocks after staking, and avoid at the same time a difficulty rise...
Split threshold is already there, combine threshold will not solve the problem in case if someone doing that deliberately - can always set low threshold and keep flooding the network with small blocks.

Could someone please explain how I can apply the split threshold in the TEK wallet? I would like to make sure that none of my blocks split, but that they just keep growing. Thanks.

add "splitthreshold=15000" to tekcoin.conf
15000 is the maximum

does that work with HOBO too?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
Thanks, tried looking for a tek wiki.

Seems like i do lose coinage at combine so that kinda stinks, ah well.

The best time to combine is right after staking. However, if your blocks are so small that it does not lookl
like they will stake in a reasonable time frame, then, you may need to bite the bullet and combine.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250

To combine your blocks you need first to activate 'Display coin control features (experts only)' in your wallet Settings ('Display' tab).
Then you click on 'Send coins' and on 'Coin Control'. Here you'll find all your blocks. Select the ones you want to combine, click OK to close the window, copy-paste the total amount after fee and use one of your addresses to send the coins.
Done Smiley

ah ok thanks. I'm still syncing (it's taking forever) but do i lose coinage if i combine blocks?

here is great tuttorial (its about HBN coin and wallet, but all is 100% correspond to Tek)

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Small info.. but will get you much better profits!
peace
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Also I'm looking at the console, i don't see anywhere to combine blocks.

To combine your blocks you need first to activate 'Display coin control features (experts only)' in your wallet Settings ('Display' tab).
Then you click on 'Send coins' and on 'Coin Control'. Here you'll find all your blocks. Select the ones you want to combine, click OK to close the window, copy-paste the total amount after fee and use one of your addresses to send the coins.
Done Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Also, only total noobs keep their coins on exchanges for a prolonged period of time. Losing maturity in order to wait for the right price when dealing with high PoS coins is simply stupid.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
Under 1000 is not fair.

I've been getting into tekcoin recently and the most i can buy every day is around 500 TEK per 24hours, which is currently how much I'm investing.

Losing all my coinage (and maybe the reward?) for daily buying of tekcoin would penalize new people like me. And because I have to wait 30 days to starting minting, I'd rather not hold my tekcoin at crypsty an extra day or two just to meet the minimum stake block size.

I was under the impression that blocks combined when staking if age was 30 days or more too like netcoin since this coin seems to incentivize that.

I like hte idea of having all staking blocks combine into a single block when one of those smaller blocks stakes. I think some other pos coins do that. Again netcoin does that and it was nice and tidy.

And you can remove splitstake threshold. I don't see the point of that anyway since you want your entire eligible balance to stake, right?

I agree with you, and I think the fair way to do it would be giving people a 30+ day notice to make sure they combine stacks to 1000+ once they stake.

I hope we hear from more users with smaller amounts because I think its important to include everyone that is part of the community.
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
Coinfire gets to hang their hat on the GAW fiasco as of now so their reporting gets a little bit of blind faith.  With that said, Cryptsy is not exactly the best exchange... far from it... but it is one of the largest and, for most alt coins, the only way to either buy in or sell out of your position besides user<->user.

As far as the whole difficulty thing goes...

• you want a lot of smaller blocks (25-) for the security of the block chain which decreases the PoS rate...
  • you want as few blocks as possible (1000+) for the lowest difficulty which increases the PoS rate but decreases overall security of the blockchain...

Pick your poison.

This is my opinion.
Activity: 69
Cryptsy isnt staking or microstaking, some users are. Plus coinfire is a joke.

I totally disagree about coinfire. Biased, dishonest, idiotic and frequently painful, but not a joke. Jokes are funny.

@Biomech, your remark was funny though, LOL  Grin    Funny AND true!

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

I totally disagree about coinfire. Biased, dishonest, idiotic and frequently painful, but not a joke. Jokes are funny.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Activity: 84
Diff is up again. I guess certain users think they can get an advantage by forcing it up on purpose. A user named Bitmaster1(cryptsy) or Chantha(google hangouts) is been reported to me as trying to game the Tek system in this way. Force diff up all month until he wants to stake his large wallets. He attempted this same thing with Hyperstake possibly effecting that diff as well.

Cryptsy again! Cryptsy's Mullick didn't refute Thundertoe's allegation in a later post, but tried to laugh it off. Very funny. Not!  Angry  Other altcoins have long suspected Cryptsy of raking off POS payments from coins deposited on the Cryptsy exchange along with price manipulation. Cryptsy flood the market with the POS coins they have creamed off, pushing the price down, again punishing ordinary investors. The moral of the story is don't keep TEK on Cryptsy for longer than 30 days, although it might be a little too late for that.

Cryptsy are not the company they once were. Have you noticed how Cryptsy is not being upfront about its new transaction fees? I'm not surprised that Cryptsy is being investigated by the authorities. If Cryptsy are to blame for the increased POS difficulty for ordinary investors, let's fight fire with fire. How about contacting all POS coins with a crash Cryptsy campaign - and tell the other exchanges what we are doing?
hi tekheads
Is there any ideas of when we shall wait for hard fork? cant wait really Smiley
peace

I can't wait for the hard fork to happen either. It would improve staking so much. TEK is one of the strongest POS coins with a lot of staying power and the hard fork will strengthen its position even more. Kudos to Thundertoe for his work on TEK.
Activity: 298
hi tekheads
Is there any ideas of when we shall wait for hard fork? cant wait really Smiley
peace
Activity: 329
For the sake of getting rid of small blocks, would it be possible to add a combine threshold / split threshold option (i.e. like what has been done with the CAP wallet)? This could be really helpful to control the splitting of blocks after staking, and avoid at the same time a difficulty rise...
Split threshold is already there, combine threshold will not solve the problem in case if someone doing that deliberately - can always set low threshold and keep flooding the network with small blocks.

Could someone please explain how I can apply the split threshold in the TEK wallet? I would like to make sure that none of my blocks split, but that they just keep growing. Thanks.

add "splitthreshold=15000" to tekcoin.conf
15000 is the maximum

legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
A hardfork to fix this pos diff manipulation will penalize microstakers you have been warned.

While this may be the case if done wrong, it would be mitigated by the CON code that has the smaller blocks compete together...

i.e.

1,000 TEK broken up into 1 TEK blocks would compete together and stake as a single 1,000 coin block and then spit out 2 blocks at 500+ 1/2 stake times two.  This would remove quite a lot of small blocks.

This is just my opinion.  I have 100k+ coins and will continue to for the foreseeable future so take my opinion as you see fit.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1002
Activity: 108
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
A hardfork to fix this pos diff manipulation will penalize microstakers you have been warned.

What amount is considered a microstake? Under 1000?

I would say everything that is smaller then 100 - is very small, but impacts the difficulty levels the most!
peace

I would say anything under 1k, a min stake number is being considered along with a flat rate high diff system. If this fork is rolled out everyone with block size under the min will forced to combine and lose all the coinage, or not stake at all.

That sounds reasonable to me of course since what I stake everyday is over 1k

I do hope that others in the community with smaller amounts give feedback though.

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

Then I will hold my staking for now  Cheesy
Jump to: