Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 105. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250
I see all people who are solomine tek are getting ~1tek blocks and have lets say 1000Tek in 1+1+1+...blocks way..

This seems to be the biggest "issue" with the coin.  Difficulty building on coins that will take a very long time, if ever, to stake because the size is too low.

Perhaps implementing the same code as CON where blocks smaller than say 500TEK and 55k confimations compete together for a single reward and combine said blocks plus the stake.  This would alleviate some of the small block difficulties.

This is good Idea..  could help!
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1002
hi , i just change from windows to mac , mac wallet for tek does not have coin control like in windows?? how do i check my coins been in the wallet for how many days??thanks in advance for all replies
Probably you just have to enable it in Settings > Options > Display > Display Coin Control Features
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
hi , i just change from windows to mac , mac wallet for tek does not have coin control like in windows?? how do i check my coins been in the wallet for how many days??thanks in advance for all replies

Check your settings.  It'll be different than this since this is windows, but it should still be there:

m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
I see all people who are solomine tek are getting ~1tek blocks and have lets say 1000Tek in 1+1+1+...blocks way..

This seems to be the biggest "issue" with the coin.  Difficulty building on coins that will take a very long time, if ever, to stake because the size is too low.

Perhaps implementing the same code as CON where blocks smaller than say 500TEK and 55k confimations compete together for a single reward and combine said blocks plus the stake.  This would alleviate some of the small block difficulties.
Activity: 298
PoS diff is very high right now. Stake rate is only about 15% at this diff.
If you want to get a higher payout combine your TEK into as few blocks as you can and turn off your staking. This will lower the diff and make it easier to stake one nice block when it does drop.

The micro block staking spam raises the pos diff and lowers payouts.

And I suggest min 5000tek blocks.. so if you have smaller amount then 5000, just combine all in one block!
If you people were smart enough to get solomining.. then please make another step to make your self more profits by combining this 1Tek blocks
at least once a week.. daily would be great! Smiley

here is great tuttorial (its about HBN coin and wallet, but all is 100% correspond to Tek)

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

Small info.. but will get you much better profits!
peace
legendary
Activity: 938
PoS diff is very high right now. Stake rate is only about 15% at this diff.
If you want to get a higher payout combine your TEK into as few blocks as you can and turn off your staking. This will lower the diff and make it easier to stake one nice block when it does drop.

The micro block staking spam raises the pos diff and lowers payouts.
Activity: 445
Diff is up again. I guess certain users think they can get an advantage by forcing it up on purpose. A user named Bitmaster1(cryptsy) or Chantha(google hangouts) is been reported to me as trying to game the Tek system in this way. Force diff up all month until he wants to stake his large wallets. He did this same thing with Hyperstake and many users could no longer stake in a reasonable amount of time, overall costing hyperstake many users in the long run.

HyperStake's difficulty is so large, that one single wallet does not have much impact on the total. Even such, HYP's rewards are not bound to difficulty, so even if he thought he was manipulating its difficulty (which he probably was not able to do) it would have worked against him anyways by making it harder for him to stake as well. HyperStake's has always been on an upward trend, and always will be. I don't think this has caused any loss of users from what I see on the richlist, most of our usual stakers are still there staking away Wink

TEK on the other hand is extremely sensitive to difficulty fluctuations, and since its difficulty is fairly low, creating a wallet full of small outputs does not cost too much and could be gamed a bit easier. Since TEK's reward system is bound to difficulty, there is incentive to manipulate. The only way I can think of to combat this is to either collectively decide to use more outputs, or to have some type of protocol change that doesnt bind the reward to the diff.

edited my post,

discussion on adjustments to Tek staking system is ongoing,

Anyone raising diff effects everyone including the person raising it, even if they multiwallet, though unknowing users are the most likely to take the biggest loss. Other users can turn off wallets and wait for the lower diff as well.  The last run of high pos diff Teks price climbed for months. Greedy manipulation attempt.
Is there a reason not to use coin supply to adjust interest ?
This would take care of the problem in an elegant way.
No more fluctuations caused by network load but a gradual adjustment which can be easily adjusted if needed.
Also more predictable compared to what we have now.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I am sitting here thinking, would I want to sell 2000ish tekcoins for 1 bitcoin or do I want to hold for the interest. and there will be a real scarcity of the coins as people truly see PO(F)S accumulate.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
lets just put a crown on the logo and call it good erm.. i mean King.

lol if you get me a 100x100 I can update the image at Cryptsy
legendary
lets just put a crown on the logo and call it good erm.. i mean King.

legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
Diff is up again. I guess certain users think they can get an advantage by forcing it up on purpose. A user named Bitmaster1(cryptsy) or Chantha(google hangouts) is been reported to me as trying to game the Tek system in this way. Force diff up all month until he wants to stake his large wallets. He did this same thing with Hyperstake and many users could no longer stake in a reasonable amount of time, overall costing hyperstake many users in the long run.

HyperStake's difficulty is so large, that one single wallet does not have much impact on the total. Even such, HYP's rewards are not bound to difficulty, so even if he thought he was manipulating its difficulty (which he probably was not able to do) it would have worked against him anyways by making it harder for him to stake as well. HyperStake's has always been on an upward trend, and always will be. I don't think this has caused any loss of users from what I see on the richlist, most of our usual stakers are still there staking away Wink

TEK on the other hand is extremely sensitive to difficulty fluctuations, and since its difficulty is fairly low, creating a wallet full of small outputs does not cost too much and could be gamed a bit easier. Since TEK's reward system is bound to difficulty, there is incentive to manipulate. The only way I can think of to combat this is to either collectively decide to use more outputs, or to have some type of protocol change that doesnt bind the reward to the diff.

edited my post,

Anyone raising diff effects everyone including the person raising it, even if they multiwallet, though unknowing users are the most likely to take the biggest loss. Other users can turn off wallets and wait for the lower diff as well.  The last run of high pos diff Teks price climbed for months. Greedy manipulation attempt.

It might be a good idea to grab the code for the Disable Stake RPC call in HYP. So a group of staker could enter something like "disablestake true diff > 0.01", so then you could apply a large amount of weight only on the downside of the diff wave. Would make it so every participant would be riding the wave, instead of one person using it to benefit themselves.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10

+100500
protocol must be changed like HYP, but in contrast to HYP should be unlimited stake
legendary

edited my post,

legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer

legendary
Diff is up again. I guess certain users think they can get an advantage by forcing it up on purpose. A user named Bitmaster1(cryptsy) or Chantha(google hangouts) is been reported to me as trying to game the Tek system in this way. Force diff up all month until he wants to stake his large wallets. He attempted this same thing with Hyperstake possibly effecting that diff as well.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
I've tried NOMP, Coiniumserv, and other variants of stratum, and that's the only one that actually seems to break blocks.
Try running the QT version on a NOMP pool.
While it appears that NOMP is rejecting the blocks found......they do make it to the QT wallet.
Stratum solomining anyone?  Grin

But then again, I've found that the same holds true for most POW/POS hybrids and NOMP.

You actually got NOMP to break tek blocks? I wanna know your magick Cheesy
legendary
I love pow mining. Just be aware with Tek it is going to be an uphill battle for profitability vrs mining btc. Tek changes the diff every block and say it is profitable coinwarz sees it and people autoswitch and within a few minutes profitability is back under btc.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
I've tried NOMP, Coiniumserv, and other variants of stratum, and that's the only one that actually seems to break blocks.
Try running the QT version on a NOMP pool.
While it appears that NOMP is rejecting the blocks found......they do make it to the QT wallet.
Stratum solomining anyone?  Grin

But then again, I've found that the same holds true for most POW/POS hybrids and NOMP.
Jump to: