Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 183. (Read 446058 times)

m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
Read the previous post about 38.5%, and all rushed to unlock their wallets.
Now everyone will cry that received only 15-20%.
Why are you in your wallet, do not look to the "Statistics"?
Wait 4 zeros in POS diff.

maybe u should read the early post yourself , now not talk about percentage , but why with lower diff getting less
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Read the previous post about 38.5%, and all rushed to unlock their wallets.
Now everyone will cry that received only 15-20%.
Why are you in your wallet, do not look to the "Statistics"?
Wait 4 zeros in POS diff.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Data: PoS Mined 9/29/14 16:47 ---  60.589638  off of 228.107684 TEK deposited 6/30/14 12:36  which staked (first time) on 8/29/14 21:21 for 80.839899 TEK.

I saw difficulty was relatively low so I unlocked my wallet after seeing all these 30% stakes at~0.0002 difficulty.  Can't remember exactly but I don know that 0.00009>diff>0.000082.  That's all I got.

Come to think of it, I sure hope that what I staked was only on the 228.107684 and not on 308.947583 (Principal + First Stake).  Then I would start to get really upset.  Been yanked by this coin from day one when I bought it for 78k.  I am going to unlock my wallet and see if my first stake stakes.  Difficulty is currently 0.000110

So I got another stake (58.471592 TEK).  If I add it to my other one and divide them by My original amount plus the first stake then it works out to a 38.5% Net stake.  Now I am well pleased; however, I am perplexed about it coming in 2 roughly equal halves.  I had assumed that there would be two stakes (one for my initial and a smaller one for the first stake).  I figured next month, I would end up with 4 even smaller stakes.  That could get quite tedious trying to combine blocks all the time  so it seems reasonable to make some algorithm that keeps us from getting infinitely more stakes of exponentially smaller sizes.
legendary
Activity: 938
Do you get a higher % stake with bigger blocks?  Like I said; I only got 26.5% with a difficulty of 0.000084.  Block was about 228 TEK.

No, the % rate is the same for diff block sizes.

If rate is same , why he got less with lower diff?

no idea,  some more data would be nice,  since this is contradicting all other data that is being reported by all other users.
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Never invest with borrowed coins
Do you get a higher % stake with bigger blocks?  Like I said; I only got 26.5% with a difficulty of 0.000084.  Block was about 228 TEK.

If rate is same , why he got less with lower diff?
legendary

legendary
staked 33.7% today diff was .000134, has dropped since
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
is there a way to see staking difficulty history data?
i'm not sure but since staking happens just once every 30 days, it would make sense to have a maximum staking difficulty option into the wallet, this way holders can control (to some extents) the % instead of keeping the wallet encrypted and watching manually for the right diff...

edit: imvho, it would also avoid having lot of wallets staking at the same time thus having too high increases of staking difficulty, wouldn't it?

This is a really good idea, spreading those stakes out is good for the chain. I think something like this could be doable. Ill start passing the idea around devs i know see if we can work out he mechanics of how to accomplish something like this.

As for tracking the past pos diff, not sure best way to do that. Much data prior to a last few days  may not help since we are still recovering from the hardfork spike swings.  I am staking daily atm to get a good baseline of data, though i expect pos diff to gradually trend down as we move a little farther from the bulk of hardfork rollover stakes.
thank you thundertoe, i'll make some pos difficulty graphs if i can figure out how to use altexplorer.info's api...

I am sure that it is a good idea too. We need this POS difficulty chart.. as it turns out to be more important to track then pow difficulty..
If it will be possible to implement some option right in the wallet.. so the stake will trigger when the POS difficulty is good for the best profit.
legendary
Activity: 1148
I staked today and got around 30%
Activity: 329
i'm not sure but since staking happens just once every 30 days, it would make sense to have a maximum staking difficulty option into the wallet, this way holders can control (to some extents) the % instead of keeping the wallet encrypted and watching manually for the right diff...

edit: imvho, it would also avoid having lot of wallets staking at the same time thus having too high increases of staking difficulty, wouldn't it?

This is a really good idea, spreading those stakes out is good for the chain. I think something like this could be doable. Ill start passing the idea around devs i know see if we can work out he mechanics of how to accomplish something like this.

As for tracking the past pos diff, not sure best way to do that. Much data prior to a last few days  may not help since we are still recovering from the hardfork spike swings.  I am staking daily atm to get a good baseline of data, though i expect pos diff to gradually trend down as we move a little farther from the bulk of hardfork rollover stakes.
thank you thundertoe, i'll make some pos difficulty graphs if i can figure out how to use altexplorer.info's api...
legendary

well, the silence makes me believe i've proposed something that doesn't make sense and that i'm missing something...
would somebody mind to explain me what i'm missing?
i'll really appreciate it, thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
High PoS Coin IRC Society

So I've been watching Hyperstake (HYP) and noted that they have a fairly active community going on in their IRC. Unlike the usual junk altcoins vying to "replace BTC" before crashing in value as "investors" move on to the next coin, high PoS coins can exist in harmony since they all provide different features and risk/return profiles to the cryptocurrency *asset* market.

Right now, I'm trying to see if there is interest in having a joint IRC channel for such coins. I'm looking to involve established coins with at least semi-active developers.

Feel free to reply and/or PM me with suggestions as well as anything that you'd be willing to offer, help with, or spearhead. I don't mind topping off tipbots, games, and other aspects, but I'm looking to have something that the community runs and is interested in doing. Thanks and happy staking Smiley

Hey crazy loaf you know I love those HIGH POS coins. Im not always on IRC, but you have your own thread here on BCT, so what about just using that.

Vegas
legendary
Just staked a block @ diff .00027. Got about 30%

staked myself a min ago .00026 30%
Activity: 444
Life is a bitch, get used to it...
Just staked a block @ diff .00027. Got about 30%
legendary
There is a working crawler for TEK here that i had missed putting back up when it was updated. http://altexplorer.info/chains/TEK/block_crawler.php  If there are any other links or edits to the main op that would be good let me know.
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
High PoS Coin IRC Society

So I've been watching Hyperstake (HYP) and noted that they have a fairly active community going on in their IRC. Unlike the usual junk altcoins vying to "replace BTC" before crashing in value as "investors" move on to the next coin, high PoS coins can exist in harmony since they all provide different features and risk/return profiles to the cryptocurrency *asset* market.

Right now, I'm trying to see if there is interest in having a joint IRC channel for such coins. I'm looking to involve established coins with at least semi-active developers.

Feel free to reply and/or PM me with suggestions as well as anything that you'd be willing to offer, help with, or spearhead. I don't mind topping off tipbots, games, and other aspects, but I'm looking to have something that the community runs and is interested in doing. Thanks and happy staking Smiley

legendary
most people dont see the fine print , just the bottom line , how many days , at what rate.
this is the reason why hyp will do better than tek .
but i still love both the coins. never keep all your eggs same basket
this is the other reason why some will still hold on to tek

Cent paid 1000% in 10 days, its not doing so hot. Sooner or later this more is better logic breaks down i think.

Today i minted 24% a little more than the day before, i am happy with that, and i suspect it will get higher each day past the bulk of the hardfork stake rollover date we just passed again.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
i just minted a block, 20% pos diff looks like .00098, not 40% but less mintage is likely to pull off some of the pressure on the sell side of the market and allow price to rise.

dun thinks so ppl will just dump what they stake to switch for hyp since perceent is same now .only hyp is nine days not 30

I"m very much into both coins. Each has different character and strength. TEK is a hybrid, and HYP is not, so I think that Tek will continue to perform well even while the bumps get sorted on the PoS side. Because it is still a viable currency even if the PoS side of the chain gets frozen. We saw that with the recent problems. Up until the hard fork (where thngs got screwy for a few days), Tek was still tradeable without issue because the PoW side of the chain had no issues.

HYP on the other hand is fubar if the chain freezes. Not that I think that likely, since presstab loves his child, but it does present the difference in the scenarios. Both coins are very cool, and I will continue to support both.

I do think that the POS payout problems need to be fixed to where it used to be again. Or at least close. And it's being looked into. What we don't want, and I think in this I can speak for everyone pretty safely, is another debacle like the last fork. While it got resolved quickly, it did NOT work well out of the gate. I heard a figure of like 40+ chains for a day or two Tongue

So for now, it works, just a bit unstable. I figure that Thundertoe and friends should take their time, get it solid, test it for a good while, and THEN fork it. In the meantime, the slowdown in POS makes the coin potentially more valuable as it is more rare. It also extends the time where inflation will become an issue. I consider it growing pains. TEK has always been kind of a low profile coin, and yet it has stood the test of time. It's still here, it's still actively traded, and it's price is pretty decent.

Right now, I'd be more worried about merchant adoption and other things that would break it away from being just a trade coin. Then, once the technical issues are worked through, it will be significantly more valuable.

If a chain freeze were to happen to HYP it would not be a big deal. Would just issue a rollback to the block before the freeze and thats that. Would probably only take a few minutes to fix. In all honestly, TEK could have and should have done this.  HYP also has code that prevents TW problems that TEK just had.  For example it only allows a block from 10 minutes in the future/past, where TEK still allows 120 minutes. This is something that should be investigated/changed if there is another fork for TEK.
I thought that had been changed. I really need to get up to speed on coding Cheesy It's also good to know that HYP has solid measures in place. I rereading my post, it looks a bit more cautionary than I intended, just meant a comparison of strengths and weaknesses.

And honestly, I don't think categorizing TEK vs HYP is correct. They are totally different coins. TEK is an SHA PoW/PoS coin that has high rate PoS and uses NVCS as an inflation control method.  HYP is PoS only without NVCS.  Really the only thing they have in common is the relatively high rate.  TEK has a 30 day maturity period compared to HYP's 9 day, which means you can't cash out as fast, but also provides the benefit of limiting supply on the exchange.  I think that investors/holders should not make a decision between the two, but probably hold both because they both have their benefits in specific areas.

..and that's precisely what I was getting at. They are very different coins. Both very cool, and coming from a similar background. TEK has been around quite a while and is a tough bastard. HYP has been trouble free almost from the beginning. I hold both and will continue to do so. These are MY primary coins.
Jump to: