Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 186. (Read 446058 times)

m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
at 0.0015 stake percent is at 19% which is less than hyperstake ,
 info hyp wait time 9 days interest confrimed at 28%
tek 30 days wait time interest confrim at 19% for pos diff of 0.0015 , says have to wait for lower pos dif to get 30%

result i will not buy or mine tek till devs solve problems ,
+1 to presstab

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8599438

thats fantastic, although even at 40% we had posters  complaining about inflation.  40% will still be less than hyper at that, no solution will make everyone happy. have a great day

I'm not worried about inflation, just wish I was there at the start when everybody got 40% before the broke nvs got fixed , haizzz. Will only mint tek now . So roi for 1000 tek is now give or take 5 months depending on pos diff, really long term coin .
Just thinking out loud , could we have a mint for charity option included , that would get tekcoin some attention
Activity: 461
Merit: 250
Is the upcoming fork going to fix the orphan issue and/or the stake % issue? Is the plan to get us back to 40% again in the near future?
As posted by the TEK team, next month will be a new client released which creates a hardfork.
-Should fix POS reward.
-Contain safe fail measures to avoid forking issues we had a while ago.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Is the upcoming fork going to fix the orphan issue and/or the stake % issue? Is the plan to get us back to 40% again in the near future?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
thats better, I was on there for 2 hours a few days ago, and all I did was generate orphans. Is this something that will work itself out (residuals from the Hard Fork) or will some action on your part eventually be required?
legendary
Activity: 938
 For mining i have been watching the  http://ppl.port-x.de/ pool for the day and they are doing great 2 orphans out of about 40 blocks that i see last 24 hours http://gyazo.com/296611c780ac1fa7960a0fe5ac570a97
legendary
@Thundertoe, i am not complaining about the Stake %, I just want to know when the issue with the rampant Orphans will be fixed... Smiley
legendary
tek 30 days wait time interest confrim at 19% for pos diff of 0.0015 , says have to wait for lower pos dif to get 30%

+1 to presstab

thats fantastic, although even at 40% we had posters  complaining about inflation.  40% will still be less than hyper at that, no solution will make everyone happy. have a great day
m33
legendary

+1 to presstab

legendary
@Thundertoe Any word on when the Orphans fix will be put into effect? Do we have a time frame??
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

The latest gui changes are not pushed to the source so likely if older version didn't cause a false flag then a fresh compile of the current source wont either.

I take some comfort from that. Maybe I (all Windows users) can wait this out after all.

You seem very sure that the flag is a false flag, yet you have not seen the source that was compiled either, as I understand it. I take a more empirical stance.

Anyway, in the future, when TEK rules the world we will look back at all this and laugh or cry or something. Meanwhile I will just sit on my - inaccessible unstaked hoard - and sulk.            Wink

legendary
Tekcoin irc channel is open,

not much going on atm though maybe we should start to use that resource more. I have been dropping in last few days maybe i will start camping out more often for those who don't like to use the bct route or skype etc.
legendary

I can't speak for others, but this is one of the many reasons that I have mostly switched away from windows. I don't own this laptop, so it's running windows, but my main machine only has windows in a VM. In Ubuntu, I have all the wallets that I use, which is a fair number, and I compiled all of them.

I'm going to learn how to do it in windows. I don't know when, as I have a lot going on, but hopefully before the next major update. Once I have it figured out, I'll post up a step by step guide for it here. It's fairly easy in Linux, but I imagine Windows has a number of deliberately difficult steps, because that's the nature of the beast. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised and find it as easy as Linux.

I have Linux machines too. I understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of each OS environment.

However, in my opinion, the just-use-Linux argument is not a valid response to the issue at hand - that issue being that the latest compiled Windows version of the TEK qt wallet has started to cause AV programs to reject it.

If, on consideration, the TEK team decides to make the coin Linux-only, then that is disappointing but fair enough, assuming an update to the OP spells it out.

Otherwise, Windows users are left waiting for a Windows fix or a (difficult to achieve) convincing explanation of safety. Your earlier comment that you know and have confidence in the person who compiled the code is reassuring, and you definitely carry gravitas with me - but then so did BFL before they became the BFL we all know and loathe today, and so did the Dyslexic Zombei team before they vanished with a lot of BTC. My point is not to lump you in with scoundrels, but rather to remind that there is just no way to know on the Webz who is doing what to whom. This stuff must be as trustless as possible.

Using compiled code is already a risky proposition. Using compiled code that sets off AV alarms when it did not before is more risk than I am willing to accept. Watching all the responses that bob and weave and deflect and deny and generally avoid fixing the issue is... baffling. I like this coin. I want to use it again - on a Windows machine - without disabling AV.

The best thing to do is probably contact the company of the software giving the false positives, or run on a vm.

You could also compile your own version for windows from source or pay somebody to do it(i go the pay/beg route myself when i want one done), though no promise that version still wont throw your particular av off the same.

The latest gui changes are not pushed to the source so likely if older version didn't cause a false flag then a fresh compile of the current source wont either.

Tek is a no premine coin, all the work done is paid for by users or donated.

legendary
Activity: 1176
ok,thanks....i will try to stake
legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

I can't speak for others, but this is one of the many reasons that I have mostly switched away from windows. I don't own this laptop, so it's running windows, but my main machine only has windows in a VM. In Ubuntu, I have all the wallets that I use, which is a fair number, and I compiled all of them.

I'm going to learn how to do it in windows. I don't know when, as I have a lot going on, but hopefully before the next major update. Once I have it figured out, I'll post up a step by step guide for it here. It's fairly easy in Linux, but I imagine Windows has a number of deliberately difficult steps, because that's the nature of the beast. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised and find it as easy as Linux.

I have Linux machines too. I understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of each OS environment.

However, in my opinion, the just-use-Linux argument is not a valid response to the issue at hand - that issue being that the latest compiled Windows version of the TEK qt wallet has started to cause AV programs to reject it.

If, on consideration, the TEK team decides to make the coin Linux-only, then that is disappointing but fair enough, assuming an update to the OP spells it out.

Otherwise, Windows users are left waiting for a Windows fix or a (difficult to achieve) convincing explanation of safety. Your earlier comment that you know and have confidence in the person who compiled the code is reassuring, and you definitely carry gravitas with me - but then so did BFL before they became the BFL we all know and loathe today, and so did the Dyslexic Zombei team before they vanished with a lot of BTC. My point is not to lump you in with scoundrels, but rather to remind that there is just no way to know on the Webz who is doing what to whom. This stuff must be as trustless as possible.

Using compiled code is already a risky proposition. Using compiled code that sets off AV alarms when it did not before is more risk than I am willing to accept. Watching all the responses that bob and weave and deflect and deny and generally avoid fixing the issue is... baffling. I like this coin. I want to use it again - on a Windows machine - without disabling AV.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
so ,.is this 40% every 30 days

supposed to be. Was prior to the late problems, and will be again. Right now, I hear between about 5 and 20.
legendary
so ,.is this 40% every 30 days
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
Life is a bitch, get used to it...
Simple:
Buy TEK, keep the coins in your wallet for min. 30 Days. In Settings -> Display -> Activate Coin Control Features.
When you click SEND there is a button "Coin Control" where you can see you POS Weight.
Wallet must be unlocked when your weight is > 0.

legendary
how to stake this coin?
m33
legendary
so i have unlock my wallet for pos , how do i know if mintting?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

Also how would an AV software keep the funds you had at Liberty Exchange safe?

the guy upload my whole c drive , system image it n was able to get all my passwords ,i had no av at that time
[/quote] shit, that's some ugly stuff man Sad No wonder you're paranoid. I would be too.

I don't store passwords on the machine, or very rarely. I have 'em on a flash drive, and it's encrypted six ways from sunday. I'm not fond of AV software. It tends to fuck with anything not microsoft endorsed, which is the majority of what I do. I just am careful with what is exposed to the net.
Jump to: