Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 230. (Read 446060 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
block 506550 GET! ^_^

I got so much stake weight its crazy hehe.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
well i've done what i think i was supposed to do.

I made sure i had backups of my wallet.dat file in two locations.

I deleted the wallet.dat in my app roaming folder. I downloaded presstab's qt. I ran the qt. I closed the qt. I opened the app roaming folder and removed the new dat file and planted my old wallet.dat file in there. I ran the new Tekcoin client. My coins showed up.

How can we tell if we did it right?

I know over time, of course, we will be able to tell if we aren't staking.

You're good. You didn't actually have to delete the wallet file, but that causes no harm. Now you wait for block 506500 like the rest of us Tongue

For the tests, we had the fork at an earlier block (which of course would have screwed up the coin if issued live), but other than that, it's the same wallet. Thundertoe and I both staked within a few blocks of the test fork. I think it will be pretty dramatic come the fork Tongue I suspect there will be a LOT of orphans the first few days after the fork. Just because there will be so many people competing for stake.

Also, I haven't spoken to the developers yet today, but hopefully the version number thing will be fixed in git. But there's gonna be a majorly upgraded wallet soon, so maybe they'll just let it go. If you got it from Presstab or Argakiig's link, or compiled from the master github link after the announcement, you're good.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
I simply backed up the wallet (well the whole directory).
Deleted the old exe and dlls.
Copied in the qt with the static libraries and it runs and syncs.

Did me, not allowing it to run and create a new wallet.dat and then closing and replacing wallet.dat, compromise my configuration?

Thanks, Jason

PS: a build with a new version number would sure make it easier to be more sure that we noobies have properly updated the wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
by stacks, are you guys having separate wallets for each "stack"?   I don't know of any other way to separate the coins into "stacks".

you can combine multiple blocks into one by sending your chosen amount to yourself. any number of blocks can be in the same wallet, even the same address.

Using coin control (which is under the send coins tab) you can choose what blocks to combine, which to exclude. It's fairly simple in it's mechanics. We in the high staking coin community have quite a widespread debate over the best strategies, but the short form is that bigger blocks have a higher chance of staking first than smaller blocks. It all comes down to how you choose to stage them. TEK is a pretty forgiving coin, so do what thou wilt. Some of 'em are picky in what stategies work.

Activity: 370
Merit: 251
well i've done what i think i was supposed to do.

I made sure i had backups of my wallet.dat file in two locations.

I deleted the wallet.dat in my app roaming folder. I downloaded presstab's qt. I ran the qt. I closed the qt. I opened the app roaming folder and removed the new dat file and planted my old wallet.dat file in there. I ran the new Tekcoin client. My coins showed up.

How can we tell if we did it right?

I know over time, of course, we will be able to tell if we aren't staking.
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
by stacks, are you guys having separate wallets for each "stack"?   I don't know of any other way to separate the coins into "stacks".

I think they mean address 1 stack 1 address

Activity: 159
Merit: 11
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Never invest with borrowed coins
Min stake size
Just wondering what do you guys recommend as minimum stack size of coins ?
Since TEK has no max_subsidy unlike CAP or HYP, there is no economical reason to have a particular stack size. I suggest you to keep them al together, you'll stake faster.
If one day TEK implements max_subsidy, then a maximum stack size would make sense (but a minimum size would still not).

presstab, tranz, correct me if I'm wrong.
LOL, I could have saved myself all the trouble.
Anyway, I guess I better change those small stakes into bigger ones.
I guess 4 stacks of 250 would be a lot better, 1 stack per week which means I only have to catch up 1 week of chain sync and hopefully large enough to get reward without too much delay.

do you mean 250 will stake better than 50 , and tekcoin now no max supply of coins means we can pos till , it is change , sry new noob .
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Min stake size
Just wondering what do you guys recommend as minimum stack size of coins ?
Since TEK has no max_subsidy unlike CAP or HYP, there is no economical reason to have a particular stack size. I suggest you to keep them al together, you'll stake faster.
If one day TEK implements max_subsidy, then a maximum stack size would make sense (but a minimum size would still not).

presstab, tranz, correct me if I'm wrong.
LOL, I could have saved myself all the trouble.
Anyway, I guess I better change those small stakes into bigger ones.
I guess 4 stacks of 250 would be a lot better, 1 stack per week which means I only have to catch up 1 week of chain sync and hopefully large enough to get reward without too much delay.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
i,know, but it's don't give more ... in one block stake etc. is activate ... and will pay also

here is the:
BALANCE SUMMARY
Wallet Balance   202.28104400
Locked for users   186.81859110
Unconfirmed   5.00020000
Liquid Assets   15.46245290
PoS New Mint   5.00020000

i'think this is correct ... later the update ...

i'have edit, the reward calc to 1 coin on block ... now it's calc correct the reward TEK/DAY.
Activity: 274
Merit: 122
xhabit, you need to check your config for TEK.  The blockreward is 1 coin.
Thanks xhabit

Just joined looks good.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
so, we have also updated today our platform, and is running fine ...

happy mining.

http://poolparty.port-x.de
OK, I give up on a multipool for TEK.  Unless someone is willing to write their own pool software, this just does not seem possible now.  Only MPOS works for a TEK pool and you cant do switching very effectively at all with stratum-python.

If the block submission error is ever solved I will gladly finish my setup of a multipool that pays out in nothing but TEK.  So someone let me know if it ever gets fixed, im headed back to old reliable BTC.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Code:
cd ~/cryptos/TEK && git pull && qmake-qt5 tekcoin-qt.pro && make STATIC=1 -f Makefile
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
Biomech:

http://xguild.net/tek/

Here's the pool's address.

I sent them an email through their contact us page but it might be better coming from a Dev or significant player.

Xguild

oh Biomech by the way Tompool.org is a tek mining pool. Don't forget them? I will send them a message as well.

ispace.co.uk - TEK pool

i send mesage them

cool. I've contacted miner's point, dsync, and tompool. Central Cavern is down, and Raskul is out of the country for a bit, but I'll let him know in case he's bringing it back.

Any others?

Don't know that one. Can you contact them or post a link?

Also, on buying my stake, I'm not sure I'm selling, but PM me. I'd rather do it off exchange myself.
OK, so this error and the error 22 block decode failed are due to the blocktemplate. I am almost sure of that now.  

Thundertoe, can you or any of the other devs please tell me what blocktemplate version TEK uses?

Am I correct in thinking this is still on version 2 as that is what the wallet is giving back?

If so, that is why only stratum-python works with TEK.

EDIT*****

I guess the real question here is what version should be passed when submitting a block.  The getblocktemplate returns version 4.  All of these stratum servers I am looking at are sending 2.

EDIT*****

Sending a 4 didn't help either...  back to the drawing board.
legendary
Activity: 938

Thank you! i posted over on Tek thread, should make some users very happy.
No problem, but let them know that s3v3nh4cks commissioned it.
Mac Wallet for Tek
thanks s3v3nh4cks
OK, so after doing some digging and a !@#$load of code comparison and translation, I see part of the problem here.  With POS coins, I believe there needs to be a timestamp in the getwork and I am not seeing that in coinium which is the new version of

https://github.com/Crypto-Expert/stratum-mining

So, that puts us at the only pool software that can be used is MPOS with this coin or another program that uses the above stratum server.  Somehow I feel this cant be right at all.
Nope, tried that and still the same error.  I get the same thing if I manually submit the same block in my windows wallet in the debug window.

Here is the rpc message

08/23/2014 23:25:23 -04:00 [Verbose] [DaemonClient] [Tekcoin] tx: "{
    'method' : 'submitblock',
    'params' : [
        '0400000016b197ac6dbb7702c46a730b906c7cbdc229101f49d0bba79d1f000000000000255d979 3badd2ba526e68a8e684d393a032b2feb9b13f5fab317b5c32fbd514beb5af953a65f4b1a8a0466 480101000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000f fffffff2603b8ab07062f503253482f03527f150868000007ae0300000d2f436f696e69756d5365 72762f000000000140420f00000000001976a9141301f3cff078b9868e6ea48c8f6212b69a30465 088ac00000000'
    ],
    'id' : 20
}"

any chance that one of the devs could run the wallet in a debugger and see what the issue is?
Jump to: