Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 253. (Read 446060 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Compounding interest on a long term basis is staggering to the mind.

Theoretically speaking (real-life doesn't always match the theory of course), if you are really really extraordinarily poor and can afford only 1 tekcoin at a price of 25c (little bit more than the actual price today) and pull the trigger and buy your 1 tekcoin, you'll do just fine over a period of time, staking your coins every month - let's just take for argument sake 6 years and see where your investment will leave you. And let's also say price is 25c after 6 years (only for argument sake - real figures will be quite different of course). Here goes:

at the end of year 1:                           1*56.6 =            56.60  ($14.15)
                   year 2:                      56.6*56.6 =         3,203.56 ($800.89)
                   year 3:               3,203.56*56.6 =       181,321.49 ($45,330.37)
                   year 4:         181,321.496*56.6 =    10,262,796.67 ($2,565,699.16)
                   year 5:  10,262,796.6736*56.6 =   580,874,291.72 ($145,218,572.93)
                   year 6:  580,874,291.72*56.6 = 32,877,484,911.67 ($8,219,371,227.91)

From an initial investment of 25c you can become a billionaire eight times over in only 6 years!!

If only theory could translate directly into reality, wouldn't that be great?

The problem is that as the supply increases, there will come a point where the value decreases. I still think it will be a very profitable coin for quite some time, however. Also, if the staking becomes TOO high in the future, we can probably modify the percentage.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
does it seem strange that tek is always listed as 500%? that is not the same as other coins. others list the yearly compounded rate , then go on to list TEK rate at 500% and that is the non compound rate.
Other are listed yearly too. And this is not 500, this is 480%. Compounded is 5570%.

TEK is not 480% annual.  I really have no idea why people keep saying this.

Code:
static const int64 MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_WORK = 100 * COIN;	//100 Coin per block
static const int64 MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE = 0.05 * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_WORK;
https://github.com/maxxine/TEK/blob/master/src/main.h
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
does it seem strange that tek is always listed as 500%? that is not the same as other coins. others list the yearly compounded rate , then go on to list TEK rate at 500% and that is the non compound rate.
Other are listed yearly too. And this is not 500, this is 480%. Compounded is 5570%.Sorry, writing too fast, I will fix all that after fireworks.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
my magic is growing strong[er]
Compounding interest on a long term basis is staggering to the mind.

Theoretically speaking (real-life doesn't always match the theory of course), if you are really really extraordinarily poor and can afford only 1 tekcoin at a price of 25c (little bit more than the actual price today) and pull the trigger and buy your 1 tekcoin, you'll do just fine over a period of time, staking your coins every month - let's just take for argument sake 6 years and see where your investment will leave you. And let's also say price is 25c after 6 years (only for argument sake - real figures will be quite different of course). Here goes:

at the end of year 1:                           1*56.6 =            56.60  ($14.15)
                   year 2:                      56.6*56.6 =         3,203.56 ($800.89)
                   year 3:               3,203.56*56.6 =       181,321.49 ($45,330.37)
                   year 4:         181,321.496*56.6 =    10,262,796.67 ($2,565,699.16)
                   year 5:  10,262,796.6736*56.6 =   580,874,291.72 ($145,218,572.93)
                   year 6:  580,874,291.72*56.6 = 32,877,484,911.67 ($8,219,371,227.91)

From an initial investment of 25c you can become a billionaire eight times over in only 6 years!!

If only theory could translate directly into reality, wouldn't that be great?
legendary
Blockchain Developer
I started a comparison feature of familiar high-PoS. The goal is not competition (X is better than Y) but cross-fertilisation (X has feature A but not feature B that Y has; let's add it). Inspiration is the improvement in 3D video card after 3D benchmarks arrived in the 90's. I only added feature that are unambiguously beneficial (bold part, the italic part are just information and prone to change).
Proof-of-stake List - Features comparison (it is a multitabbed spreadsheet and this tab is a new one)

lol i see confusion on the #'s there, are the yearly rates for the coins all listed at the compound for the year rate or the non compound ?  HBN is 100% if you compound for the whole year. TEK is 5660% if you compound for  a year. Arpoximate for them non compounded HBN is 2x36=72%,,  TEK 40x12=480%

HBN is 100% non compound and TEK is 500%.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hobonickels-hbn-high-fast-stake-version-20-more-secure-less-intensive-303749  says 2% every 10 days. call it 370 days so 37x2= not 100.. you do not get 100% a year on hbn without compounding unless its not 2%, here is the math for compounded 2%  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wUGh-rdFkZll5SClcQ6io0g8JDjkRqrHSWbPompTgRU/edit#gid=0

No worries, we just got to make sure we are getting the right information out to people in the high stake community.

The formulas you use is not really how it is calculated.

HBN: 1 / 365 * 10 = 2.739%
TEK: 5 / 365 * 30 = 41.096%

For further info look at main.cpp & main.h
legendary
Activity: 1148
I started a comparison feature of familiar high-PoS. The goal is not competition (X is better than Y) but cross-fertilisation (X has feature A but not feature B that Y has; let's add it). Inspiration is the improvement in 3D video card after 3D benchmarks arrived in the 90's. I only added feature that are unambiguously beneficial (bold part, the italic part are just information and prone to change).
Proof-of-stake List - Features comparison (it is a multitabbed spreadsheet and this tab is a new one)

lol i see confusion on the #'s there, are the yearly rates for the coins all listed at the compound for the year rate or the non compound ?  HBN is 100% if you compound for the whole year. TEK is 5660% if you compound for  a year. Arpoximate for them non compounded HBN is 2x36=72%,,  TEK 40x12=480%

2% every 10 days.. ill spot you some extra days for the year call it 370 days so 37x2= not 100.. you do not get 100% a year on hbn without compounding unless a hardfork to change the 2% every 10 days has been done, here is the math for compounded 2%  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wUGh-rdFkZll5SClcQ6io0g8JDjkRqrHSWbPompTgRU/edit#gid=0

actually it is 2.72% every 10 days
legendary
Activity: 938

lol i see confusion on the #'s there, are the yearly rates for the coins all listed at the compound for the year rate or the non compound ?  HBN is 100% if you compound for the whole year. TEK is 5660% if you compound for  a year. Arpoximate for them non compounded HBN is 2x36=72%,,  TEK 40x12=480%

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hobonickels-hbn-high-fast-stake-version-20-more-secure-less-intensive-303749  says 2% every 10 days. call it 370 days so 37x2= not 100.. you do not get 100% a year on hbn without compounding unless its not 2%, here is the math for compounded 2%  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wUGh-rdFkZll5SClcQ6io0g8JDjkRqrHSWbPompTgRU/edit#gid=0
legendary
Blockchain Developer

lol i see confusion on the #'s there, are the yearly rates for the coins all listed at the compound for the year rate or the non compound ?  HBN is 100% if you compound for the whole year. TEK is 5660% if you compound for  a year. Arpoximate for them non compounded HBN is 2x36=72%,,  TEK 40x12=480%

legendary

legendary
Generally I find all other PoS coins are listed by their yearly %, and TEK is listed by its' monthly % (40%).

500% is the non-compounded rate of TEK, at around ~41-42% per month for 12 months. Right?

correct
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Generally I find all other PoS coins are listed by their yearly %, and TEK is listed by its' monthly % (40%).

500% is the non-compounded rate of TEK, at around ~41-42% per month for 12 months. Right?
legendary
does it seem strange that tek is always listed as 500%? that is not the same as other coins. others list the yearly compounded rate , then go on to list TEK rate at 500%and that is the non compound rate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DuP6nf9MAXnkokq9gOD64X077r06E0G6vIeP_dDk7e8/edit?pli=1#gid=0    for those who do not believe re-run the numbers carefully, TEK pays 5000%+ a year if you compound not 500%
Monero Core Team
I added a "Optimal block size" column on Proof-of-stake List - Features comparison.

Also, if people can get a canonical URL for downloading blockchain (and helping newcomers), I'd be happy to mention it on the spreadsheet.
Activity: 804
Merit: 501
Is it possible to earn stake with only 50tek?  My monthly stake day was yesterday, and nothing happened.  =S

Yes, smaller amounts may take a few extra days but will pay out some extra to compensate going past 30.

Thanks!  I hope this works because CAPS and SAT2 doesn't do very much on low amounts, but great on high amounts.
Monero Core Team
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Is it possible to earn stake with only 50tek?  My monthly stake day was yesterday, and nothing happened.  =S

I've staked on way smaller amounts than that. Just keep your wallet open for a bit. It will come. Longest I've heard of was 49 days, longest I've personally observed was just over 4, including an orphan.
legendary

Yes, smaller amounts may take a few extra days but will pay out some extra to compensate going past 30.
Activity: 804
Merit: 501
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
SUBstrata, thanks! I've been away from the machine my wallets are on for a few days, due to work. I had a major brainfart when I was trying to answer the guy.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
Hello My first amount went in on 8th of June but nothing has staked and no tek babies have been made. How do I make my wallet to stake and make Tek babies because I feel sad there are no babies in my wallet and it is over 30 days. 8th Jnue the first Tek coins went in wallet. Cry Can someone help me please?  Smiley

Sometimes it takes a little longer than 30 days. Make sure your wallet stays open and unlocked when you reach your 30 day date.

Edit:How do you "unlock" the TEK wallet?  Thanks.

Nvm, "unlocked" is another term for "not encrypted".  Probably easier to just say "not encrypted".

No, the term "unlocked" means wallet is encrypted but temporaly not requiring password to make new deposit address, send coins or sign a message. Or in other words, wallet
can be:

1. Encrypted and locked
2. Encrypted and unlocked
3. Unencrypted

You should never keep your wallet unencrypted, all it takes for your coins to be stolen is wallet.dat file to be taken somehow. If wallet is encrypted and someone steals
it from you he or she will have hard time finding out password (asuming you used strong - long - one and attacker didn't keylogged you and thus obtained password earlier).

Hello My first amount went in on 8th of June but nothing has staked and no tek babies have been made. How do I make my wallet to stake and make Tek babies because I feel sad there are no babies in my wallet and it is over 30 days. 8th Jnue the first Tek coins went in wallet. Cry Can someone help me please?  Smiley

Sometimes it takes a little longer than 30 days. Make sure your wallet stays open and unlocked when you reach your 30 day date.

How do you "unlock" the TEK wallet?  Thanks.

If you haven't encrypted it, you don't need to worry about it. If you have, it's a command in the console. Can't think of it right now and I'm on the wrong machine to look. If nobody else answers before I get to it, I'll edit this in a bit. I think it's unlockwallet

walletpassphrase [mintonly]

walletpassphrase is command itself
is wallet password
is time in seconds, determines how long will wallet stay unlocked
[mintonly] can be true or false, where true means wallet will be unlocked just for PoS staking and false means wallet will be completely unlocked (any action that would require
password will not require it)

For PoS staking just use walletpassphrase 9999999 true

Or if you are using latest TEK wallet (links earlier on this page and previous one) you can just use menu Settings > Unlock Wallet

To lock wallet at any moment use walletlock
Jump to: