Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 257. (Read 446060 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
We are TEK coin, We are here to stay!  TEK is functioning as it should, simple supply and demand economics, holders of TEK will not sell until their tipping point value per coin is reached which exceeds their perception of the value of staking, until then TEK will be scarce on the exchange, Volume of Trades is not the be all and end all of a coins value (after all there are only approx 1.5million coins at this time)
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
I've talked with presstab. What he told me is really concerning. But contrary to him, I believe TEK can be saved. Here's how:

- Should a "certain event" happen, don't panic sell. Remember this in the months to come.
- Sell 25% of your staking every month (this holds true to any high-PoS, not just TEK).
- Do whatever you can to get TEK get more widespread. The more widespread, the less sensible it will be to what I heard

So this "event" was based on the upcoming announcement of the HYPR coin or just that fact that a massive dump was about to take place? In any event, this price drop is very significant. I feel for new investors who are losing their shirts over the past two weeks.

TEK is a great coin. I hope the greed of a few doesn't destroy it for others.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
I am expecting my first stake in a couple of days so what do I need to do? Hubby has been syncing my wallet every couple of days so when it is the stake day do I need to do anything else except leave it open?

You might get it late.  Mine took 3 days extra to stake.

As you get to the maturity date, you need to leave the wallet open and unlocked until it stakes and confirms.

Do you have coin control enabled? If so you can see the maturity date (well, calculate it) in the coin control window. You can keep it offline till just a bit before it is due to stake without consequence.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I am expecting my first stake in a couple of days so what do I need to do? Hubby has been syncing my wallet every couple of days so when it is the stake day do I need to do anything else except leave it open?

You might get it late.  Mine took 3 days extra to stake.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
The big issue still is and will be is the light volume with the coin.

Right, TEK lacks liquidity because of it's design.

As a trader in illiquid NYSE stocks for 20 years...
Liquidity is provided by market makers, pro traders, and their bots...
Liquidity is TAKEN by investors.

For me to provide liquidity for TEK...
I would have to park 1000s of coins on Crypsty... and never stake...
Even though the real spread excluding micro orders is massive 10-20% or more...
So trading TEK is very profitable... but overall not worth it.

To enjoy liquidity the high-stake coins must be redesigned...
But that's so obvious... that maybe staking and liquidity is not the point of all this.
Could a "pool of whales" act as benevolent market makers? I understand nothing about market making but if I have a good teacher and I can help TEK this way, I am ready to volunteer (I have several thousands TEK, although I am not willing to sell them all, only 25% of my stake every month).

But that's so obvious... that maybe staking and liquidity is not the point of all this.

Smart stuff, maybe we could all set up a bot and chip in and make it trade daily? Increase da volumeeeeeee.

I like that idea.  Smiley
I do too. But this would require some coding.

1: Buy a bot

2: Huh

3: PROFIT
Monero Core Team

Smart stuff, maybe we could all set up a bot and chip in and make it trade daily? Increase da volumeeeeeee.

I do too. But this would require some coding.

legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

Activity: 414
Merit: 251
This is why it is important to:
- increase TEK recognition - new marketplace (https://www.allcoin.com/vote/#TEK others?), new announcements, twitter and facebook presence
- have a trading plan favouring regular small sales (25% of stake every month)

25% only if you dont insta dump them.
Right, this is the part I don't know how to handle still. What is a  reasonable price to place sell order at? Just below lower sell, other? How many sell orders, one big one, several small ones, etc...
That's probably because there is no right answer to that. It depends on your agenda, needs and level of patience.
I normally ... meh that would be telling  Cheesy
Monero Core Team
- increase TEK recognition - new marketplace (https://www.allcoin.com/vote/#TEK others?), new announcements, twitter and facebook presence

Right, this is the part I don't know how to handle still. What is a  reasonable price to place sell order at? Just below lower sell, other? How many sell orders, one big one, several small ones, etc...
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Smiley  A Excellent time buy TEK I just did  Smiley

Activity: 364
Please dump as I will take them all. Thank you.
Activity: 808
Merit: 502

ThunderToe can you fix the Block Explorer and RichList? Why does it keep breaking?

Monero Core Team
Activity: 155
The big issue still is and will be is the light volume with the coin. A 1K sell can easily take the coin down by 20% (or more) due to the small buy orders.
This is where its great stake is a burden. People want to cash out some when they stake (like me around the beginning of the month), but there is no volume to sell to. So there is a sell war, and dump. 
The Block explorer and Richlist are down!

I find it interesting that the Block Explorer and Richlist go down soon before we have a 10k coin dump. Getting played here..

wrong - you are paranoid. half of that dump was me, i've had unannounced bills to pay this month so was forced to cashout a large part of my TEK.
the other 5k i can only presume was a simple weak hand at seeing my sell off.

I will be back buying again as soon as I have the funds to do so. there is nothing shifty going on, you are not being played.
TEK will recover, it always does.

Why sell so much so quickly? Why not trickle feed it instead of getting rid of that many in a 5 or 10 minute period?

big bill, needs paying imminently, don't have the time to wait mate. that's life  Undecided

What concerns me is that the value of this coin has been greatly impacted by the few sells you've had over the past few days. Its not you or your decisions to sell that bothers me, its that large stakeholders cashing out shortly after a huge dump the day before ultimately hurt the coin recovery in the short term and removes confidence from potential new investors.

EDIT* Im not trying to point fingers at anyone. We all have reasons to sell when we do. Its no ones business but our own and I respect raskul for being open about it when he/she clearly doesnt have to.
Jump to: