Pages:
Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 90. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!
And there is no update on any update?

Is that anything like the downlow on a download?   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
hello everyone

I have one question
after i load my wallet with TEK coin ,, i must keep wallet open always to get stake 40% /month
or can close Huh

and if need block size in the wallet ?

No, you don´t have to leave the wallet open always before the coin matures / has reached the coinage to begin staking.

Not sure what you mean with "block size" in the wallet.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to number of coins in a block. That answer has two parts. First, right now, no it don't matter. Well, actually it does, but it won't screw you up other than artificially raising POS difficulty.

Second part is that once the fork is complete, it will almost certainly need to be 1000 coins or greater, or will not stake. I'm not on the dev team, but I talk to them Tongue That seemed to be the consensus of where it's going.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250

no haste.. the difficulty is very low.. you can stake at 40% right away..
Now the difficulty is often low and it is possible to find the window to stake (pretty much) all the time
tip: you can keep wallet locked and unlock it when the difficulty is low
The diff can be monitored by looking at Proof of Stake at http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/TEK/index.php
or you can see it in the wallet by typing getdifficulty command under Help => Debug window => console

EDIT:
Proof of Stake
Time: 12/6/2015 8:6:7

Height: 1312507

Short Hash: 18f9e006

Difficulty: 0.00006666

//This is 40% stake diff!
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
hello everyone

I have one question
after i load my wallet with TEK coin ,, i must keep wallet open always to get stake 40% /month
or can close Huh

No, you don´t have to leave the wallet open always before the coin matures / has reached the coinage to begin staking.

Not sure what you mean with "block size" in the wallet.
Stuck Sync and not staking.  Mac Computer.

So a little background here, I had unlocked my wallet to stake, and it sat for a long time, NOTHING.
It had a very sizable balance that was approx. 35 days old, and historically I had no problems getting my wallet to stake, so I became concerned.  I began leaving my wallet unlocked for days at a time waiting. Still nothing.

The next symptom was the wallet began not catching up. (syncing)

I tried all the usual stuff, rebooting etc.

With advice of some kind folks here, I finally resolved to reload the block chain.

Here is what I did, just in case you need to do the same.

First go to finder and press command+shift=G a window will open allowing you to go to a specific place in your computer.

Put this in the window: ~/Library/Application Support/tekcoin

Copy the wallet.dat file and save it elsewhere. 2-3 places is best at least one the places should be external to your computer.

Delete everything in the folder where you found the wallet.dat file, but do not delete wallet.dat.

Download this bootstrap file: http://richlist.truckcoin.net/tekbootstrap.zip unzip and copy into the same folder as your wallet.dat.

Fire it up and wait.  My syncing took about 2 days. Everything works perfectly now.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
hello everyone

I have one question
or can close Huh

legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
Activity: 445
the last version of Avast, is preventing Tekcoin-qt from starting in windows 10
Problem is with Avast.
Create an exception rule to allow it to run if possible.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
I realize the btcpool.exchange is New and has no volume, but it will get there. If you are having issues logging in, Chat with paul, he is the Dev he can and will help you get it worked out. He is in the chat box at all hours of the day
legendary
Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000
the last version of Avast, is preventing Tekcoin-qt from starting in windows 10
We are on another Exchange.. Check it out!!
https://btcpool.exchange/

First thing that must be done to pump in some life into this Frankenztain - is to open BUY orders...
So whoever wants to buy go to this exchange and give it a try.
peace
PS. I was planning to experiment and put BUY orders there everyday, with the amount of 3000-5000tek for the start.. guess what = I have registered, but could not login after all lol.. so will stay on Cryptsy for now..

Grigio, when you create your new account, They ask you for a user name, and your email.  Then, when logging in, they want your email and password, not your username.  This tripped me up at first as my computer auto-filled my user name, not my email. Took me minute to figure it out, as the error message when trying with the username was not obvious.  This may be your issue too.

I do understrand your sence of humor Smiley
Thank you for advice.. but I dont get errors and see that it askes for e-mail address.. but keeps opening the login page again and again.. no password or login errors
peace

I logged into the new exchange. I doesn't appear they do much trading of anything. a couple of the more common coins like Litecoin and Dogecoin have a little volume, but most everything else is all zeros.

The user interface is a bit un-elegant. I realize that is not too important, but rather how they conduct business.   I am Bitcoin Poor and heavy in Tekcoin at the moment, so I cannot but in buy orders. After my wallet is done syncing, I could put some sell orders in, a few thousand each at a higher then market price, so at least something shows up.

FYI, I did have to delete and begin the blockchain reload to fix my stuck sync. Its in process now, and looks like it is going to take some time to finish.

First thing that must be done to pump in some life into this Frankenztain - is to open BUY orders...
peace
PS. I was planning to experiment and put BUY orders there everyday, with the amount of 3000-5000tek for the start.. guess what = I have registered, but could not login after all lol.. so will stay on Cryptsy for now..

Grigio, when you create your new account, They ask you for a user name, and your email.  Then, when logging in, they want your email and password, not your username.  This tripped me up at first as my computer auto-filled my user name, not my email. Took me minute to figure it out, as the error message when trying with the username was not obvious.  This may be your issue too.

I do understrand your sence of humor Smiley
Thank you for advice.. but I dont get errors and see that it askes for e-mail address.. but keeps opening the login page again and again.. no password or login errors
peace

peace

peace
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Hat in hand, apologies to you Grigbo, you did not deserve to brunt my frustrations, I do recognize you were trying to be helpful and had no clue what I had already tried.

Thanks for the wisdom Biomech. This is making wish I was still running a Ubuntu PC, The Mac hasn't been too bad though, certainly better then the Wind Blows alternative.

And Since this is 'Mos Eisley,' Blow it out your ass Dave.

Well played, sir Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

Hat in hand, apologies to you Grigbo, you did not deserve to brunt my frustrations, I do recognize you were trying to be helpful and had no clue what I had already tried.

Thanks for the wisdom Biomech. This is making wish I was still running a Ubuntu PC, The Mac hasn't been too bad though, certainly better then the Wind Blows alternative.

And Since this is 'Mos Eisley,' Blow it out your ass Dave.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
I believe I have a stuck Sync. Can anyone help?  I am running a mac and the tekcoin wallet version is: v2.1.1.0-gf96a5a-noise23

Try quit and run again.
peace

Ive done the "get out of the car, run around it 2 or 3 times, restart the car" routine.
I was hoping for some help from someone with some real experience. Not the peanut gallery.

Ah, but have you tried:

1) running around the car 4 times? If that doesn't work, keep on adding to the number of times of running around the car and repeating the routine. I guarantee that after 70, or so, years of doing that you won't have a problem; and 2) buy a PC.

If you want real help, try to manage your attitude problem. Based on the sparse information that you gave, plus the fact that your profile at this time states that you are a Newbie, the advice that Grigbo volunteered is a good, basic, solid piece of advice to give in the first instance.

I was appalled at you insulting a Good Samaritan who bothered to stop by to help you. That was ignorant and uncalled for. Another thing: if you put peanuts in, don't expect much out.

Well that is just great.  Because I am a "newbie" and I have to put up with the "advice" from Grigio, and now lectures on etiquette from someone who is even less helpful, and less knowledgeable, maybe I am just now worthy of intelligent help, and I should just live with things the way they are. Or maybe, the old adage, "if you don't have anything intelligent to ad, keep your dumb mouth shut" applies here.  If the best you have is "buy a PC" maybe you should go to work for Geek Squad. That is about what I would expect from the likes of them.

Your comments are also ignorant and uncalled for, so apparently, I am in good company. Since you seem compelled to be the self proclaimed moderator, perhaps you would be so kind as to paraphrase what I should have said. We are listening! You were appalled? So sorry! I should be purged! Well maybe I am appalled by your being appalled because you read too much into what I said. How dare you be so insulting? Maybe YOU should be purged!

Biotech, I would like to offer sincere thanks for your advice. Maybe low tech, but certainly worth a try. Some times simple is good.

I would be certainly grateful for any other advice "beyond buy a PC".  I am considering deleting the block chain and reloading, I have just been hesitant to do so, as I have a sizable number of coin in my wallet ready to stake, and didn't want to risk messing that up.

Bitcointalk is Mos Eisely. It's best to have a VERY thick skin here Cheesy Grigbo is actually a decent guy, and it was a good first response.

As to redownloading the blockchain, with a few precautions, it won't affect your staking other than the time it takes to do it. (which will lead to slightly larger staking if the coins are already mature, so, no biggie). This has been posted elsewhere in the thread, but I don't feel like looking it up. I'll just go through the basics.

First off, use the bootstrap that's in the OP. There are some issues with downloading a fresh chain at about the time of the last fork which can sometime freeze the sync. Not guaranteed to do so, but it's easier with the bootstrap.

Before doing ANYTHING to the block chain files, make at least one backup of wallet.dat. I'm paranoid, and usually back one up to the cloud, one to the same drive, and one to a flash drive. Multiple redundancy is a lifesaver.

After doing that, go to your data directory (I'm not certain what that is on a Mac), and delete everything.

Copy the bootstrap.dat file in.

Fire up your client or daemon, and go watch a game or something. You have several hours, possibly as long as a couple of days before it fully syncs.

Optional: If you want to have full tx data on the whole freakin' chain, add txindex=1 to your tekcoin.conf file. Normally, it only indexes YOUR transactions, but with that flag you're essentially a block explorer unto yourself. The upside is obvious, the downside is it takes WAY longer to sync.

Also, since you're new here and people tag me a lot, a bit of a disclaimer. I'm not part of the Tekcoin project, though I have assisted them with testing on several occasions, and Thundertoe is my friend. Sometimes I have inside info, but don't depend on it Cheesy

EDIT: Buy a PC Cheesy Macs are too expensive, and don't run Linux well. (I kid, I run linux and pretty much despise windows and mac both for anything to do with security.)
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
I believe I have a stuck Sync. Can anyone help?  I am running a mac and the tekcoin wallet version is: v2.1.1.0-gf96a5a-noise23

Try quit and run again.
peace

Ive done the "get out of the car, run around it 2 or 3 times, restart the car" routine.
I was hoping for some help from someone with some real experience. Not the peanut gallery.

Ah, but have you tried:

1) running around the car 4 times? If that doesn't work, keep on adding to the number of times of running around the car and repeating the routine. I guarantee that after 70, or so, years of doing that you won't have a problem; and 2) buy a PC.

If you want real help, try to manage your attitude problem. Based on the sparse information that you gave, plus the fact that your profile at this time states that you are a Newbie, the advice that Grigbo volunteered is a good, basic, solid piece of advice to give in the first instance.

I was appalled at you insulting a Good Samaritan who bothered to stop by to help you. That was ignorant and uncalled for. Another thing: if you put peanuts in, don't expect much out.

Well that is just great.  Because I am a "newbie" and I have to put up with the "advice" from Grigio, and now lectures on etiquette from someone who is even less helpful, and less knowledgeable, maybe I am just now worthy of intelligent help, and I should just live with things the way they are. Or maybe, the old adage, "if you don't have anything intelligent to ad, keep your dumb mouth shut" applies here.  If the best you have is "buy a PC" maybe you should go to work for Geek Squad. That is about what I would expect from the likes of them.

Your comments are also ignorant and uncalled for, so apparently, I am in good company. Since you seem compelled to be the self proclaimed moderator, perhaps you would be so kind as to paraphrase what I should have said. We are listening! You were appalled? So sorry! I should be purged! Well maybe I am appalled by your being appalled because you read too much into what I said. How dare you be so insulting? Maybe YOU should be purged!

Biotech, I would like to offer sincere thanks for your advice. Maybe low tech, but certainly worth a try. Some times simple is good.

I would be certainly grateful for any other advice "beyond buy a PC".  I am considering deleting the block chain and reloading, I have just been hesitant to do so, as I have a sizable number of coin in my wallet ready to stake, and didn't want to risk messing that up.

Without wishing to give you a lecture in English comprehension, I was giving you a taste of your own medicine ... but you seem to be too stupid to realise it. Not nice is it?

Try quit and run again.
peace

Ah, but have you tried:

Well that is just great.  Because I am a "newbie" and I have to put up with the "advice" from Grigio, and now lectures on etiquette from someone who is even less helpful, and less knowledgeable, maybe I am just now worthy of intelligent help, and I should just live with things the way they are. Or maybe, the old adage, "if you don't have anything intelligent to ad, keep your dumb mouth shut" applies here.  If the best you have is "buy a PC" maybe you should go to work for Geek Squad. That is about what I would expect from the likes of them.

I would be certainly grateful for any other advice "beyond buy a PC".  I am considering deleting the block chain and reloading, I have just been hesitant to do so, as I have a sizable number of coin in my wallet ready to stake, and didn't want to risk messing that up.

Pages:
Jump to: