Pages:
Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 92. (Read 446058 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 250
POS is activated after 30 days?

Your coins 'mature' for POS staking after 30 days. If you open your wallet for POS minting after this maturation period, your coins will compete with others to mint. As it stands today, your payout on minting will depend upon the difficulty at the time. See the difficulty payout chart on page 1 of this thread.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
POS is activated after 30 days?
Activity: 298
Hi! TEKheads!
Lets think of TEKcoin Community (and any other "coin's") as a new kind of company
where workers hire them selves with downloading the wallet and fire them selves at own will just by selling off and abandoning the coin and the community
There is no Boss or the Owner and everybody is equal
Here is the brainstorm task for all who like to use the brain..
After hard fork and wallet update what could be the next move? I talk about actual blockchain application that can be implemented with the TEKcoin code?

for example to pick set of chosen coins and double confirm the blockchain to increase their security ..like CLAMS (ilove this concept too Smiley?! This is just a crazy idea for the start..
But what does the community think?
peace
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
Is the fork happening , or put on hold , and why does new wallet show same version as before ?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
What is going on with that fork which was planned to take place soon?
@Gribgo

Peace back to you! My comment was based on the general drift of the posts  Roll Eyes. I agree with you, but if Cryptsy went down, that would be a big blow to take. Other posts in this and other threads are giving the impression that Cryptsy is dead and buried. I suspect that just the opposite is the case.
I wouldn't put any trust into Cryptsy's price... or exchange...

TEK will survive though, with or without Cryptsy.

100% true!

Is it really that bad? Some of my best deals have been on Cryptsy. They have been around for a long time. It could be that they are targetted by rivals, or anti-cryptocoin elements. To have suffered so many Ddos attacks shows that they are a threat to someone. One thing though: After every attack so far, they have bounced back.

I certainly have never lost any money using Cryptsy.

Andreas Antonopoulos, world-renowned Bitcoin expert, has said that cryptocoin infrastructures need security attacks, just like the body needs germs and viruses to build immunity. Cryptsy must be bullet-proof by now.

Hy! My 100% true was about the TEKcoin will survive anyway with or witout Cryptsy, because it has community and many users.. so if one exchange dies we will just move to another.
peace

100% true!

Is it really that bad? Some of my best deals have been on Cryptsy. They have been around for a long time. It could be that they are targetted by rivals, or anti-cryptocoin elements. To have suffered so many Ddos attacks shows that they are a threat to someone. One thing though: After every attack so far, they have bounced back.

I certainly have never lost any money using Cryptsy.

Andreas Antonopoulos, world-renowned Bitcoin expert, has said that cryptocoin infrastructures need security attacks, just like the body needs germs and viruses to build immunity. Cryptsy must be bullet-proof by now.

100% true!
Activity: 69

Yes, Cryptsy isn't giving me much joy at the moment either. So much trouble trying to withdraw anything over 0.5 BTC and the trade reporting isn't 'real time' anymore, got to keep hitting the browser refresh.

legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
Wow, TEK has no opened buy orders, looks pretty grim

Maybe that was just a blip due to taking wallets offline. There were definitely TEK buy orders there.

Cryptsy was under DDOS last night, that might have been the issue. It was hard to connect and hard to stay connected, and lasted a couple hours. I wasn't trading, so I didn't actually look at wallet status, I was just talking to some of the guys when it was happening.

Cryptsy seems to be OK now, although I've not tried withdrawing anything yet. Just over 12 hours ago I sold 2,785 TEK @ 847 Sats ... eat-your-hearts-out!   Wink

From my trade history:
2015-11-25 08:34:31       Sell  TEK/BTC   0.00000847 BTC   2785.66667355 TEK   0.000000000 BTC   0.02359460 BTC

I had a buy order lurking in the sub 400 Sat zone, over the last couple of days, but nobody bit. Now I really must complain. The standard of FUD in this Tek thread is distinctly lacking.   Angry
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Cryptsy was under DDOS last night, that might have been the issue. It was hard to connect and hard to stay connected, and lasted a couple hours. I wasn't trading, so I didn't actually look at wallet status, I was just talking to some of the guys when it was happening.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD
Is teh tekcoins fork in progress?
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Anyone know how long a deposit takes to show up on Cyptopia?  My wallet indicates "confirmed" but still nothing.  I am using the latest wallet.

Edit: Nevermind, took about 15 minutes.
Activity: 102

Not sure what it is? Now you can only BUY Tek, but cant sell any ..am I right?
any Ideas? Biomech has some contacts at Cryptsy.. We can ask him to get some more inside info..
I am sure it is not getting delisted or something like that, because they always make warnings about delisting before actually delisting the coin.
Cryptsy offline due to their twitter "Website offline due to denial of service attack. We are working to mitigate."
peace

EDIT: Now no orders cant be opened at any coin market.

Nothin wrong with cryptsy, been buyin & sellin all week with no probs. Cryptopia workin fine as well.

Not sure what it is? Now you can only BUY Tek, but cant sell any ..am I right?
any Ideas? Biomech has some contacts at Cryptsy.. We can ask him to get some more inside info..
I am sure it is not getting delisted or something like that, because they always make warnings about delisting before actually delisting the coin.
Cryptsy offline due to their twitter "Website offline due to denial of service attack. We are working to mitigate."
peace

EDIT: Now no orders cant be opened at any coin market.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
We are standing at the doorstep where applications will be created for the blockchain technology
Every "coin" - is the network of communicated nodes.

The More nodes - the stronger network stability and security

and then every "coin" will have value as ready-to-use network for any kind of virtual activity.. fintech and smartcontracts at first

Here we look at TEKcoin and what we see - the more "coins" are there the stronger network we have as every coin confirms every other coin in every wallet in the network and "stake" is a reward for the wallet user for holding as many "coins" as possible for better security and performance of the whole network!

So MORE coins = the better!!!!
Practically what we are at the stage of growing the strong nodes network

Also TEKcoin is the Proof-of-work coin, which makes it even better, because if you have some mining hashpower - you can enter tekcoin without ever buying it, but improves overall speed and security of the Network one again..
The cool time is NOW, because every network big and strong enough already has value and tekcoin is good growing media Smiley

peace

P.S. WHY? If people think that when the price is low now, and the "coin" does not have value because not very Big trading volumes..
why if they are interested in just trading - then they don't go trade f... salt? Smiley

I believe this view is a bit short sighted.  While it is obvious where your are going with your argument, there still has to be motivation for folks to keep and stake TEK.  While I would agree more folks are better, which will strengthen the network, you don't get people interested in investing into any kind of medium if it is increasingly becoming worthless.

The number of coin out there does not necessary make the nodes stronger.  It boils down to people, who have computers, which are connected to the network.  Where is the motivation for folks to have TEK wallets on the network if they do not perceive a value? Folks who have already invested will try to dump as we have seen, and over time you will actually decrease the number of folks on the network which will have the opposite of the desired node-strengthing result.

In any kind of investment strategy, the goal of the investors is to increase their standing. In the short term, you can argue that even if the price is lower, they have GOBs more offset the price decrease, but at some point, the price of the coin (or call it whatever, if you don't like the term coin) will drop so low that no matter how many you have, you are going in the wrong direction with your investment.

If you don't think of this from the people perspective, you are going to miss the mark.  It really all boils down to perception of value, and if nothing is done to protect that perception, people will loose interest, and the 'coin' will ultimately die. The super stake idea is awesome, but it cannot be the end all for TEK. Thought must be placed into protecting value.  I believe the original intent was for so many folks to be bought into the concept, that the sheer numbers of folks staking would control the formation of new coins and slow the process. 

I was initially excited about a hard fork that would decrease the micro-transactions and increase my stake percentage.  While eliminating the staking on very small holding may still be good for the network, uncontrolled growth of the coin is not.  I am a fairly large holder, and I must admit that I prefer reducing the stake percentage to stabilize the coin, to the possibility of having trillions of TEK out there that nobody wants. It hurts me in growth, but goes a long way to protect value of my existing holding.

It has been an interesting experiment.  I will hold on for two reason: First, I did not sell the farm to buy in.  If I loose it all, I can chalk it up to a good idea that did not pan out. and perhaps I am wrong in my reasoning. ( I really don't think so....) and second, the 'powers that be' may come to their senses and fix the coin to protect the value.  Judging by the silence we are experiencing from the DEV team, I expect that is a pipe dream too.  I suspect they cashed out a long time ago, when a TEK sold for close to 2 cents each, and are laughing into their hands.

But who knows? I could be wrong... I certainly hope so.

DEVs dont have to be there at all.. they can hold or not hold Tekcoin they dont have to do anything.. and they have right to cashout when they want
But I am sure that they just take time to do the job and also it will make it very chip for some time so someone can jump in.
Pages:
Jump to: