Pages:
Author

Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico - page 96. (Read 446058 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I hope I won't go too much off topic but here's my point of view:

While we're moving in the cryptocurrencies world, anonymity is a must and many people love that possibility (whatever the reason, legit or not).

When we use fiat instead, we have no other choice than being subjected to the 'real world' laws and that's the point many people miss (I'm not aiming at nobody btw, it's just a general observation).

Exchanges like cryptsy are the interface between these two worlds so we must be prepared to sacrifice our anonymity from the moment we want to switch from one world (crypto) to the other (fiat).

It's pretty simple in the end, isn't it? Smiley

Stepping on SOAP BOX,
What makes the Governments think they have a right to know how much of anything you own in the Real or Virtual Worlds.
There was no clause setup for their right to spy on their citizens in the original US Constitution, in fact it was the opposite.
The original founders knew without privacy there can be no freedom.
The Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights that prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures and requires any warrant to be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause.

The above amendment is being totally ignored, which should tell you the US is more dictatorship than democracy.
The right to property & privacy is being ignored , Ann Rand predictions have been coming true for years. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged)
Civil Forfeiture : http://endforfeiture.com/
Stepping off Soap Box.

Cool
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
I hope I won't go too much off topic but here's my point of view:

While we're moving in the cryptocurrencies world, anonymity is a must and many people love that possibility (whatever the reason, legit or not).

When we use fiat instead, we have no other choice than being subjected to the 'real world' laws and that's the point many people miss (I'm not aiming at nobody btw, it's just a general observation).

Exchanges like cryptsy are the interface between these two worlds so we must be prepared to sacrifice our anonymity from the moment we want to switch from one world (crypto) to the other (fiat).

It's pretty simple in the end, isn't it? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
Depends on the withdrawal problem,
if its is because of their new Tier limits, and you don't give them more personal info to move to a higher tier, does not matter what coin you try and withdraw if it is over the $ amount for that tier.

Check beside  Show Withdraw Limit on the balances page, it will show your $ amount available for withdrawal.
If you are tier 0 limited to only $100 worth of crypto per month , $25 daily.
Tier 1 limited to $2000 per day and $10000 per month.

Your Tier # is on the upper left side of the page under the Date & Time.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1148
here is an idea how you can take your btc out. Buy XRP and sell it on polo or bittrex and get your btc.
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
Need to pull the support from Cryptsy with their extremely low withdrawal limits other withdrawal issues...  Poloniex seems to be a good exchange without the same issues of scam accusations and withdrawal issues.  I suggest everyone send Poloniex an add coin request for TEK.

With my other projects, Particularly GMC, I've worked closely with both exchanges. If a lot of you request TEK, Polo will likely add it.

But let's be clear on another point: Cryptsy is a good outfit. Yeah, they got some problems, just like everyone else. But they're honest and they do a decent job across the board. TEK was born on Cryptsy chat, from what I understand, and a great many of it's adherents and supporters either do or have worked for Cryptsy. No reason to be uncivil to the exchange that has supported TEK since forever.

If you can't withdraw btc from the exchange... it's no good.  Simple as that.  Unless they have that key issue corrected, it's not wise to give them any more coin.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Need to pull the support from Cryptsy with their extremely low withdrawal limits other withdrawal issues...  Poloniex seems to be a good exchange without the same issues of scam accusations and withdrawal issues.  I suggest everyone send Poloniex an add coin request for TEK.

With my other projects, Particularly GMC, I've worked closely with both exchanges. If a lot of you request TEK, Polo will likely add it.

But let's be clear on another point: Cryptsy is a good outfit. Yeah, they got some problems, just like everyone else. But they're honest and they do a decent job across the board. TEK was born on Cryptsy chat, from what I understand, and a great many of it's adherents and supporters either do or have worked for Cryptsy. No reason to be uncivil to the exchange that has supported TEK since forever.
legendary
Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005
Activity: 69
Any word on hard fork yet? Haven't seen Thundertoe in a while.

Last I talked to him, about three days ago, he was waiting on word back from a couple of people working on the code. Knowing the people involved, I would think very soon.

Glad to hear it is being worked on. I can't wait to find out what the final solution will be.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Any word on hard fork yet? Haven't seen Thundertoe in a while.

Last I talked to him, about three days ago, he was waiting on word back from a couple of people working on the code. Knowing the people involved, I would think very soon.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I'm selling the domain Altcoin.poker and am willing to accept Tekcoin as payment.
Activity: 69
TEK price is really being hammered on Cryptsy.   I guess it's time to buy more TEK. Smiley

Sadly, we are seeing the death of a cool cryptocoin in real time.

I don't believe it's dying at all. It really only just begun and I'm holding on to every TEK I got and sweep up more at these cheap prices. TEK has got many good years still ahead.

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am buying all I can, great opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
TEK price is really being hammered on Cryptsy.   I guess it's time to buy more TEK. Smiley

You must be very new to tekcoin or crypto in general to make a stupid statement like this.If you were clever you would buying now.

Smile.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
TEK price is really being hammered on Cryptsy.   I guess it's time to buy more TEK. Smiley

You must be very new to tekcoin or crypto in general to make a stupid statement like this.If you were clever you would buying now.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
Anyone desperate to get out of TEK, hit me up.. I will buy your TEK at Market Price, no exchange fees.. Smiley

I 2nd that!! I see opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Anyone desperate to get out of TEK, hit me up.. I will buy your TEK at Market Price, no exchange fees.. Smiley
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Any idea when and if this fork is supposed to happen? I was thinking of buying in, but noticing the "micro stakers" are ruining it it's going to be hard to get started.
Activity: 108
Can anyone help me here?

I was casually mining tek as a longshot probably a year ago. Let it go after I got sucked into important life events...

I have to be more than one wallet behind. Can I upgrade to newest wallet even if I'm way behind?

If anyone helps me with this, step by step, I will tip out 5%-10% of whatever is in my wallet. Could be anywhere from $50-300.

Cheers!

This is not first come, first serve. I will give preference to posters who clearly are Tek supporters first.

Hi Smiley

Here is the how-to for Windows:

The easiest way to update to the latest wallet is to backup you wallet.dat file (under C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\tekcoin) somewhere safe.
Then delete all the files in this folder.
Launch the new tekcoin-qt.exe file (v2.3.0.0 is the latest to date) and let it sync.
Once the wallet is synced, close it.
Copy-paste your saved wallet.dat in the C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\tekcoin folder and relaunch your tekcoin-qt.exe file.
You're done Smiley
legendary
Activity: 912
Can anyone help me here?

I was casually mining tek as a longshot probably a year ago. Let it go after I got sucked into important life events...

I have to be more than one wallet behind. Can I upgrade to newest wallet even if I'm way behind?

If anyone helps me with this, step by step, I will tip out 5%-10% of whatever is in my wallet. Could be anywhere from $50-300.

Cheers!

This is not first come, first serve. I will give preference to posters who clearly are Tek supporters first.
Absolutely you can update and shouldn't have to do anything fancy.  Just save your current wallet.dat to a backup location first to be safe.  Should be as easy as Install new version of TEK.  Let it sync up.  If it has issues delete everything in the teak data directory except wallet.dat and try again from scratch.  No tip needed  Grin
Activity: 370
Merit: 251
Can anyone help me here?

Cheers!

Pages:
Jump to: