Pages:
Author

Topic: [TELEGRAM] Yet Another BitcoinTalk Notification BOT (merits, mentions, topics,+) - page 28. (Read 17534 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Is the bot down again?
Yes, both telegram bot and Ninjastic website are all down currently. :/
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
Is the bot down again?

Yes, it appears so. I have been quoted and merited a few times in the last 8 hours but haven't received any notification. 
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Thanks, one request, can you add notification for when your topic has been moved to other board?
Unfortunately, that's not viable.
You could use the This topic has been moved to xxx-notifications. Those are optional when moving a topic, but you'll catch some of them.
copper member
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
Thanks, one request, can you add notification for when your topic has been moved to other board?

I commented about it on my other thread:

That would require me to track and scrape every single thread every X minutes/hours. It could be done if I had unlimited requests to the forum, but theymos already explicitly said that he doesn't want anyone breaking the 1 request per second rule.
If you add the requirement that a new post be made after the thread is moved, this should be possible. When you check for new posts, you can access the sub the post was made in. You can keep track of where each thread is located, and if the sun changes for the same thread ID, you know the thread has been moved.

If you wanted to not have to wait for a new post, you could add the thread to a watch list and if the thread is moved, it will show up on your watch list and you can access the sub, similar to above. I believe thread will show up on your watch list if it is moved, even if no posts are made. I am not sure how marking threads as “read” affects the page with new posts, so if you are going to mark threads as read you might want to use a separate bot account to scrape your watch list.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830

I commented about it on my other thread:

That would require me to track and scrape every single thread every X minutes/hours. It could be done if I had unlimited requests to the forum, but theymos already explicitly said that he doesn't want anyone breaking the 1 request per second rule.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
How do you get trashed topic notification, I seem to not find similar in menu.
Notifications -> Enable Modlogs.

legendary
Notifications -> Enable Modlogs.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
legendary
Not receiving any notifications for last 4-5 hours. Is it down?
The forum was down/getting DDoS'ed. I just checked my logs and noticed a ton of failed tasks. It should be good now.

edit:

Just released a status page which will show if anything fails again.

https://status.ninjastic.space
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
The forum has been loading slow like around the time I noticed I was not receiving notification, the forum itself is not loading fast, some people are also complaining of error 504 when they wanted to access Bitcointalk also at the time. I believe this is likely the cause of us not receiving bot notification on Telegram. I hope TryNinja will fix this as soon as possible if what is causing slow loading and error 504 has been successfully fixed in my opinion.
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1307
Bump & testing new fix @-doubleU-

edit: fixed users not getting mention notifications if their username starts with a special character (only @mentions and quotes).
Now the Bot works without @ with my username.  Cool
Today I received the first notification where only my username was given in the Posting. Thank you again for this great work and the another update with this special character Issue.
Activity: 39
Merit: 20
Hello guys. Where can I find the UID?
Yours is 2801319

Just click your name right next to your post and check the URL.
Or go to your profile, click "Show the last posts of this person" and look at the URL.

You will see your ID at "u=XXXXXXX"

Thank You so much TryNinja
legendary
Yours is 2801319

Just click your name right next to your post and check the URL.
Or go to your profile, click "Show the last posts of this person" and look at the URL.

You will see your ID at "u=XXXXXXX"
Activity: 39
Merit: 20
Activity: 1750
Merit: 373
<------
Just wondering,

is it possible to add a feature to notify also when receiving a direct message? Or that would make the message "not really a personal message"?
It's not possible. The bot only tracks data that's publically available.

Okay thank you.

But you could activate an email notification feature so that you get notified via email whenever you receive a PM.

Thanks for the suggestion but the reason why I like the telegram notification bot is its portable, easy to use and no commitments.
I appreciate the response though. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
Just wondering,

is it possible to add a feature to notify also when receiving a direct message? Or that would make the message "not really a personal message"?
It's not possible. The bot only tracks data that's publically available.

But you could activate an email notification feature so that you get notified via email whenever you receive a PM.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 373
<------
First of all I want to thank the author with this bot. It is really easy to use and cool to have something to let you know that there was an interaction in your followed topic/page or if you received your daily dose of merit. lol,

Just wondering,

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

Just for curiosity: since October 31th of 2020 (when I started tracking these), the bot has sent to a total of 267 users:

54k mention notifications (~369 per day).
15k topic tracking notifications (~102 per day).
9k merit notifications (~61 per day).

Darn! I am not even the 9% of the notified merits! I should work harder to clog your bot!
Lol! Nice work and I didn’t expect such a massive usage!
Once again, well done!
Pages:
Jump to: