Pages:
Author

Topic: [TELEGRAM] Yet Another BitcoinTalk Notification BOT (merits, mentions, topics,+) - page 37. (Read 17534 times)

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 2054
Thank you for the update.

I've received a notification, but merit info didn't reflect. should be 1178

legendary
Activity: 2319
Merit: 1288
Encrypted Money, Baby!
The bot just told me to post in this thread.

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks for this great tool. I'm using it since a few months, I guess, and it's been super reliable and very, very helpful. I'm not on BCT on a daily basis (well, sometimes, I am, sometimes, I'm not), and that's why it's super cool to get notifications on anything important. If this had a like button, I'd definitely click. ^^
Activity: 1176
Merit: 279
@TryNinja, The updated version of the bot is super fast and great. I must commend you. I wish I have some sMerits left.
Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
How many characters fits in the new bot by the way?
What do you mean? If you're talking about the post notification length, it's the same 150 characters.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
~
It's still there. You can go to "Notifications" and click "Enable ModLogs" to enable it. A bit hidden but I will make it better. Cheesy
Oh I see. I was wondering what the modlog is for when I was exploring the new bot but got a bit cautious and didn't click Grin Thanks.

How many characters fits in the new bot by the way?

~
What do you mean? If you're talking about the post notification length, it's the same 150 characters.
Exactly what I meant.
legendary
One thing I noticed with V2 is that the feature monitoring deleted posts is gone. Is it something you plan on putting back?
It's still there. You can go to "Notifications" and click "Enable ModLogs" to enable it. A bit hidden but I will make it better. Cheesy
legendary
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
I received notification for V2 and had to input username and ID again. I didnt even notice the change as I was still getting notified from V1 bot.

One thing I noticed with V2 is that the feature monitoring deleted posts is gone. Is it something you plan on putting back?
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
legendary
@TryNinja, it looks like bonus part is down; i mean https://posts.ninjastic.space  Tongue Both the post archive and the addresses search function don't seem to work. I remember using it sometime back and it was working flawlessly.
I tried to do some word search and even left the page open for over an hour but nothing comes up. Tested on both Chrome and Firefox.
The archive website works with the bot's database and the V1 was getting a lot of connection issues with the forum, so I turned it off. I will turn it back on while I don't finish the new website. But I can't guarantee it won't miss some of the new posts. Smiley

Something seems to be going wrong when adding topics to the ignore list:

Have they been successfully processed or should I remove them and re-add them?
Thanks, just pushed a fix for that. Those topics were scrapped from Loyce's archive, which doesn't includes the posts titles. But the bot should be re-scraping them for the correct data when added to tracked or ignored.

You should see their titles now.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
Something seems to be going wrong when adding topics to the ignore list:

Have they been successfully processed or should I remove them and re-add them?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
@TryNinja, it looks like bonus part is down; i mean https://posts.ninjastic.space  Tongue Both the post archive and the addresses search function don't seem to work. I remember using it sometime back and it was working flawlessly.
I tried to do some word search and even left the page open for over an hour but nothing comes up. Tested on both Chrome and Firefox.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
@TryNinja
Oh I did my own manual transition Smiley
Removed and deleted all ignored topic and member trolls from old bot and imported them to new version2, and I stopped v1 and deleted history.
Today I had to again start @BTTSuperNotifier_bot and I see all my imports are there Smiley
Looks ok now.
legendary
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I'm migrating everyone from V1 to V2's database. So the bot will remain working though the original handler

If you already talked with the new bot, it will stop working in a moment. If you blocked/stopped the old bot, you will need to /start again with him. Sorry. Tongue

edit:

It's done.

1. The bot keeps working on @BTTSuperNotifier_bot and it's already at the V2. I removed a few users from the database which had no UID/UserID, so you may want to /start again if you want to be safe.

2. If you used the V1, you probably have a keyboard menu showing up (the old menu). That doesn't work anymore. You can do everything from the message menu now, which you can access through /menu.

3. You need to add your tracked topics, ignored topics and users all over again. Those were not migrated because of the differences in the database schema.

4. If you blocked the bot to use the temporary new one, you need to unblock it/start again with /start to keep receiving the notifications.
Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Just try this new version. I was already happy with the previous version. Let's see what the new bot brings.
legendary
Ok I understand.
What exactly is changed in new version, and is something missing or some new stuff maybe?
So far it's basically the same features. But that's just the start.

The big difference is in the code. I wrote everything again from the scratch with what I learned when making the V1. The code is A LOT better, the bot is A LOT more stable and implementing new features is way easier.

Looks like /help command is missing, and I can't track a topic.
You can do that from the new menu. Use /menu so the bot sends it to you and you can do everything shown there. No extra commands.

One other option could be to upgrade old bot with new code? So everyone is updated.
I thought about that, but there are some differences that would complicate things. My plan was to keep the old bot working for a few months to let people migrate when they want and then turn it off. But those connection issues with my old host are messing things up. Tongue
legendary
Cashback 15%
It's a whole new bot. You need to start over with the new telegram @SuperNotifierV2_bot. Nothing is shared between the two.
Ok I understand.
What exactly is changed in new version, and is something missing or some new stuff maybe?

Looks like /help command is missing, and I can't track a topic.
legendary
Do I have to change anything and start again with new V2 SuperNotifier bot, or all my data and settings are remembered and same as for v1?
It's a whole new bot. You need to start over with the new telegram @SuperNotifierV2_bot edit: it will keep using the same handle. Nothing is shared between the two.
legendary
Cashback 15%
If anyone wants to test it, PM me.

edit: someone told me they didn't receive a merit notification again... if anyone has any issue and wants to use the new bot, feel free to do it. It's working fine and has almost all the features of the old one: https://t.me/SuperNotifierV2_bot
Testing...testing @TryNinja   Grin

Do I have to change anything and start again with new V2 SuperNotifier bot, or all my data and settings are remembered and same as for v1?

EDIT: I guess I have to enter everything again :/
Activity: 770
Merit: 835
I noticed that the bot was not working well, I received a lot of credit but the bot didn't report anything to me, but I saw that it is already a known problem. congratulations for the beautiful bot created
What is "credit"? You mean merits? It should be working fine.

Can you explain what is the problem?

sorry, google translate didn't work well! the bot no longer notifies me of merits or mentions. no notification
legendary
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
New bot working flawlessly!
Hairy wrist as a proof:

I think promoting the new bot via a simple message sent every couple of weeks would  be beneficial toward having every user to migrate to the new one, saving resources, I guess, And having a better, uniform experience for everyone.
One other option could be to upgrade old bot with new code? So everyone is updated.

EDIT:
A bug to report:

Pages:
Jump to: