Author

Topic: Tell me your predictions about Bitcoin - page 148. (Read 234777 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
September 15, 2015, 03:11:01 AM
My view on bitcoin price is 1 Million USD per one bitcoin in 2 to 5 years. The following points will support my views....
1. In 40 weeks, mining reward go down to 12.5 BTC.
2. In 2013 when price hit $1200, many employees of big corporate were willing to get their salary in bitcoin (buying pressure on any higher price)
3. Many mutual funds will born to buy bitcoin for long term.
4. Bitcoin will become prime alternate investment instead of Gold or USD when we have market cap more than 100 billion. (Investors thinking to consider bitcoin just because of small 3 billion market cap which equivalent to small tech comapny market cap)
5. Even 1 Satoshi = 1$ people will buy bitcoin to send money to dear ones across border. The receiver will convert into fiat at the price of 1 Satoshi = 1$. Only small fess will be deducted on 2 conversions and transmitting. This is an example for price is not a problem for buying at any price.
 These are few points to support my view.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
September 15, 2015, 01:24:40 AM
5 years from now bitcoin will mainly be at the same price but with much greater adoption.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
September 14, 2015, 09:44:40 PM
I agree; cryptographic-currency would be less appreciated without Bitcoin's functionality.  At present, Bitcoin's technology is the backbone of most of the other alternative digital currencies; however, when considering Bitcoins future, we have to factor in the notion that cost, price, and value are all different aspects of the same functionality. Cost is the energy required to produce to it, price is what is paid for it, and value is what can be done with it. So, when predicting Bitcoin's future, one must evaluate it from each of those perspectives taken together.  One must ask questions such as: is it cheap enough to mine? is its supply stable and affordable? and what are its uses?  Each perspective has the ability to skew bitcoin's predicted future if they are considered individually, yet they cannot be considered one and the same.

When one evaluates Bitcoin from the above perspectives, it is understood that for Bitcoin to achieve a more positive future, it would have to become more energy efficient, more widely distributed, and more generally accepted. In the world's emerging energy conscientious and socially equitable economic environment, Bitcoin's functionality will be required to adapt, or it will be forced to yield to a more sustainable technology.  It will have to use less energy, it will have to become less volatile on the market, and it will have to become more useful.  If Bitcoin can attain those goals, it will have a significant impact on the future of the global economy.  If it cannot attain those goals....the blockchain will be propelled forward by the functionality of a more stable and energy efficient alternative digital currency that can be accessed by many and used by all.

Well right now Bitcoin is way more energy efficient than the traditional banking system, about more distributed, I doubt how you would achieve this without forced manipulation which would ruin the point of Bitcoin, and about being more accepted, well, it's just a matter of time, Rome wasn't build in one day so wasn't the internet etc.

When I was mentioning energy efficiency, I was thinking along the lines of mining costs, distribution I was thinking along the lines of a POS system, and accessibility, as you so correctly stated, that will happen with time.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
September 14, 2015, 11:04:25 AM
I agree; cryptographic-currency would be less appreciated without Bitcoin's functionality.  At present, Bitcoin's technology is the backbone of most of the other alternative digital currencies; however, when considering Bitcoins future, we have to factor in the notion that cost, price, and value are all different aspects of the same functionality. Cost is the energy required to produce to it, price is what is paid for it, and value is what can be done with it. So, when predicting Bitcoin's future, one must evaluate it from each of those perspectives taken together.  One must ask questions such as: is it cheap enough to mine? is its supply stable and affordable? and what are its uses?  Each perspective has the ability to skew bitcoin's predicted future if they are considered individually, yet they cannot be considered one and the same.

When one evaluates Bitcoin from the above perspectives, it is understood that for Bitcoin to achieve a more positive future, it would have to become more energy efficient, more widely distributed, and more generally accepted. In the world's emerging energy conscientious and socially equitable economic environment, Bitcoin's functionality will be required to adapt, or it will be forced to yield to a more sustainable technology.  It will have to use less energy, it will have to become less volatile on the market, and it will have to become more useful.  If Bitcoin can attain those goals, it will have a significant impact on the future of the global economy.  If it cannot attain those goals....the blockchain will be propelled forward by the functionality of a more stable and energy efficient alternative digital currency that can be accessed by many and used by all.

Well right now Bitcoin is way more energy efficient than the traditional banking system, about more distributed, I doubt how you would achieve this without forced manipulation which would ruin the point of Bitcoin, and about being more accepted, well, it's just a matter of time, Rome wasn't build in one day so wasn't the internet etc.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
September 14, 2015, 10:52:10 AM
Bitcoin will expand, may be not very fast  Grin And then banks will start to implement BTC as payment systems  Wink
legendary
September 10, 2015, 09:32:07 PM
Well, I don't think BTC will ever attain the high prices we've had the opportunity to experience in the past...But, I do believe BTC will increase in "value" by means of other channels; in fact,  I'm sure of it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 10, 2015, 09:25:36 PM
i like trading bitcoin in short term, i will wait to buy in the cheap price and sell it again when price up. i always get profit use short team trade
Activity: 624
September 10, 2015, 06:26:36 PM
The problem with bitcoin now is that many people have many different ideas on where bitcoin development should go, and with which attributes. That is a clear
turn down for the advancement since you can't go forward splitting up into more and more groups of people cheering up for different btc clients, block sizes and what not.
Few years back bitcoin community was a much happier place, people worked togeather, and not like today - against each other
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
September 10, 2015, 03:07:23 PM
I think Bitcoin has great future ahead as more and more people are attracted towards it. The concept of cryptocurrency is new for the people but once they are familiar with the concept of digital-virtual currency then the use of bitcoins will be increased. There is a need for awareness and to improve peoples knowledge regarding bitcoins. Once the fear related to bitcoins removed then it would be beneficial for bitcoin in the long run.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
September 10, 2015, 12:01:56 AM
I think bitcoin today has progressed very rapidly from 2009 until now, but there is still much in need of new innovations and the level of security and a better regulatory system, it is to anticipate the increasing number of users in the future bitcoin

we still have a huge uphill battle. but yeah we clearly made some serious progress enough to get bankers interested.

it becomes more clear when ubs is one of the few first major banks to use it possibly for their partnerbanks as a settlement coin or swaps. i think the link is still on reddit, if not you can google it.
legendary
September 09, 2015, 07:27:37 PM
Great conversation here....This is what BitcoinTalk is all about!  There are some very insightful thoughts generated here....Very nice!  Much Awesome!  Such good!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 09, 2015, 02:16:01 PM
I think next year will further increase the price bitcoin
probably due to the increasing number of users
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
September 09, 2015, 09:22:14 AM
I think bitcoin today has progressed very rapidly from 2009 until now, but there is still much in need of new innovations and the level of security and a better regulatory system, it is to anticipate the increasing number of users in the future bitcoin
Activity: 994
PUGG.io
September 09, 2015, 09:17:45 AM
Predicting about Bitcoin:

as i read some replys in that i like most is that,"Bitcoin's technology is the backbone of most of the other alternative digital currencies; however, when considering Bitcoins future, we have to factor in the notion that cost, price, and value are all different aspects of the same functionality. Cost is the energy required to produce to it, price is what is paid for it, and value is what can be done with it. So, when predicting Bitcoin's future, one must evaluate it from each of those perspectives taken together. "

What he said is absolutely right, coming futures online companies have started to take bitcoin as their payment system, which will boost the Bitcoin market to move more fast. Like what now all online companies are taking payment system in Dollars, one day will come that Bitcoin will become essential. But the main factor is what ever happens to Bitcoins, But the Currency of each country will be same, it will only affect the online market.
Activity: 533
September 09, 2015, 08:50:47 AM
What is the obstacles, challenges and problems that Bitcoin can face it in 5 years? How we can help Bitcoin to take more authoritative place in the world of currency system?

Anything could happen really.The situation is like Schrodinger's cat.  But I would say chances are more likely that it grows bigger since I see a lot of potential and that huge companies and websites are using bitcoins as a payment method. Bitcoin is the future. I don't see bitcoin being ''dead'' any time soon. That phase will be over.

Yeah, companies have started to accept bitcoins as a mode of payment and now it is the time for individuals to start using bitcoins as a currency and as a mode of payment keeping credit cards aside, as credit cards are only applicable for the people who are eligible for it, but bitcoins are for all anyone can use it anyone can hold it, you don't need to have a good bank balance to hold bitcoins  Grin
legendary
September 09, 2015, 12:23:14 AM

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
September 08, 2015, 05:37:00 PM
Everybody seems to think that Bitcoin will just keep growing in value over time....I'm not so sure of that prediction.  Are new technologies being considered?  Yes, I loved my old Commodore 64....but it just can't do what my laptop does....right?  

but heres the difference though, bitcoin is the only thing thats really unable to duplicate.

unless you find another satoshi nakamoto and recreate it for something else or a similay system. this technology itself is rare.

Are you sure? I think that in future bitcoin can easily be duplicated and have a very similar system, an exact replica of the technology too maybe, but that would be similar to someone creating an exact replica of facebook. Will people give it a look? Yes. Will people migrate to facebook or stop using facebook? No. Facebook will always have a giant monopoly in social media largely because they are able to maintain and control the market.

The Facebook analogy is nice!  Here's a twist on it: The myspace fan base moved on to a more reliable venue, facebook...and the bitcoin fan base will also migrate to a more advanced system, (NEXT GENERATION)....it's the law of entropy....smile....Hint:  Keep an eye on the work of Sunny King...or the Ethereum team!

When O when will the Myspace/Facebook analogy be put to bed?

It's not a website. It's a technology and financial system.

It cost the people who switched to Facebook NOTHING. When you personally have hundreds or thousands of dollars tied up in one system, let alone millions in the case of certain large holders or businesses, the incentive to stay there and improve what you've got is just a little bit more powerful, no?

And if people did decide to switch en masse they'd be left with nothing because the rush to sell would turn the market to dust. You could maybe get 1-5% of all the value tied up in it out before you squeezed the order books fatally dry.

Bitcoin can be replicated trillions of times a day. The only thing that gives it value is a large number of people agreeing that it has value and choosing to trust it.

There certainly is a world of room for alts to rise but there has to be a bedrock. If people skip from coin to coin as soon as another one pops along with some extra tinsel then it's good night for the whole thing. No one in their right mind will ever trust crypto if that's how it pans out.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
September 08, 2015, 05:24:34 PM
i can see bitcoin 5 years from now being shown in our local telivision as an advertisement, topic on a talk show, news and etc.
i can't wait for it happen especially local bitcoin related services being aired and advertised on local tv

It was on the news for the chinese at one point, when they were heavily promoting it but this was back 2 years agoish.

I dont know about now. But, yeah its possible.

I dont know if its anytime soon even within the 5 year reach to be honest. Since bitcoin has a uphill battle with perception - people hear it and they naturally assume its a scam.
legendary
September 08, 2015, 04:26:33 PM
using Bitcoins where you can trade predictions about
future events, and earn money if your predictions are
correct.

Are you an Ethereum investor?  If not, then check it out.  Predictions markets are going to be big if somebody can produce an acceptably workable model.  For sure.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
September 08, 2015, 02:09:30 PM
We just have to get some support from large services and allow consumerism to grow.

This "just have to" sounds that it should be no problem to get big companies and merchants in the boat. But reality shows as it is difficult to get the big guys really in. The network still has many issues and unsolved problems. As long as that is the case mass adoption won't happen and consumption via using Bitcoin will stay a niche.

Bitcoin network is still very young, needs many improvement and will be improved a lot in the upcoming games near future. We have just scratched a tip of the iceberg when we talk about Bitcoin and blockchain technology. We just need time.

As for the big companies and financial players, yes, these are the hardest to get on board. These are the people that are dealing with huge profits and they don't have time and money for wasting and won't get into something if this something doesn't seem secure for them. But we are slowly gaining confidence of the big players and big companies as well.
Jump to: