Pages:
Author

Topic: Temporary Ban for Press Guideline Violators - page 2. (Read 2703 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hodl regularly and often!
you act like u have a lot of experience gayhawk
Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
kiba should no longer be a mod. he just abuses his power. why are mods getting paid anyway i want t obe a mod

What did he do?

a mod shoudnt act like this

What the fuck is this? More incorrect date formatting?

Date fixed. I need to do something against people who don't fix their own shit.

It's a mean of "education", given that people don't read the god damn press guideline.

Is that a quote? He's power tripping. Happens pretty often when one gets ones first mod position. Give it a week and he should have it out of his system. If he's still tripping after a week, he might have been the wrong choice for the position.
kiba should no longer be a mod. he just abuses his power. why are mods getting paid anyway i want t obe a mod

What did he do?

a mod shoudnt act like this

What the fuck is this? More incorrect date formatting?

Date fixed. I need to do something against people who don't fix their own shit.

It's a mean of "education", given that people don't read the god damn press guideline.

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
And so the Bitcoin forum did get usurped by power hungry users who ruined everything and there was then a mass exodus leaving nothing behind but spammers.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

What did he do?
legendary
cryptocoinnews likes to post FUD,

He's also a plagiarist. His content is entirely stolen down to the point where he doesn't even bother to remove references to the site he stole from from the article. (like "Here at the [publication x] offices we have often said..."/"[publication x] readers know by now that...")

Yeah I started removing his posts from bitcoin discussion a while back, didn't know he just moved on to press.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
Posts about the format of a title are not content and they do not belong in the offending thread.

Nobody wants to see the janitor, we just want a clean space.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
cryptocoinnews likes to post FUD,

He's also a plagiarist. His content is entirely stolen down to the point where he doesn't even bother to remove references to the site he stole from from the article. (like "Here at the [publication x] offices we have often said..."/"[publication x] readers know by now that...")
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Kiba, moderating is more than scolding users for not following rules. You should fix what's wrong AND scold them, if that's your thing.
Also, please look further than the title formating, because the users cryptocoinnews and bitstop only post links to their blogs. cryptocoinnews likes to post FUD, bitstop only posts 2nd-hand articles, as in copies them from other sites.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Talk about using a bazooka to kill a fly.
legendary
Activity: 1078
100 satoshis -> ISO code
I believe I should be given the power to temporary ban people for 3 days for not following guideline, especially after not fixing their shit after I give a nasty reply and a nasty PM.

Surely it is best to just fix the date yourself, which must take seconds, and send a polite PM with a link to the guidelines. This can be a template mail which will also be quick to send. Banning is a last resort and should be used only for known scammers and spammers.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Seriously, just fix the posts. Being a mod means that you're more of janitor instead of a decider, so just deal with it. If someone gives you flak and reverts the date back to the incorrect format after you've changed it, then request a temp ban. Beyond that, even if every thread was misformatted, it would take all of ten minutes to fix every thread posted in a day, if that. Don't worry, you get paid for it.

Shit... moderator is a paid position?  I'll clean troll spam somewhere from some BTC Smiley.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
GOT SLACK ?
I believe I should be given the power to temporary ban people for 3 days for not following guideline, especially after not fixing their shit after I give a nasty reply and a nasty PM.

BOB says: ban all normals only bitcoin can save the world from these rule breakers give me my slack back ! (=
Activity: 399
Merit: 250

I command you to go forth and free your people from the land of Egypt instead.....
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
Seriously, just fix the posts. Being a mod means that you're more of janitor instead of a decider, so just deal with it. If someone gives you flak and reverts the date back to the incorrect format after you've changed it, then request a temp ban. Beyond that, even if every thread was misformatted, it would take all of ten minutes to fix every thread posted in a day, if that. Don't worry, you get paid for it.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
How about kabi is venting a little frustration?

And, by the way, it's not censorship. Censorship is when you target something because of what it says. It's not censoring when you require people to adhere to certain rules or guidelines--if they do, they can say what they want.
legendary
They aren't rules, they're guidelines. Banning is a little excessive.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
Well, Press subboard rules are very clear, if you violate them then you just didn't read them. There are rules about the title and the post, that's all. We can discuss if a "news" is fine or not, but the rules about how to make a thread are very clear.
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411
Shitcoin Minimalist

Pages:
Jump to: