Pages:
Author

Topic: Temporary Ban for Press Guideline Violators - page 3. (Read 2703 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502
[Post deleted due to nonconformity with rules. See (link).]

I'd agree this here would be censoring.

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
nazi mod

go die from AIDS. stop censor

Gee, can we show a little less class and decency?

As for the OP, it's a lose-lose situation. I helped run a LISTSERV back in the day, and whether you're nice in pointing out rule violations or not-so-nice in pointing them out, you offend someone.

Maybe the thing to do, if possible, is simply delete the violating post to be replaced with something like

[Post deleted due to nonconformity with rules. See (link).]

Any way you do it, moderating boards like this is a thankless job. (So, thanks!)
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
I also want to add that it's pretty ballsy to come out and ask for the ability to be able to ban people out in the open.  It really doesn't seem necessary to ban people for using one subforum incorrectly as phantastisch said.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
nazi mod

go die from AIDS. stop censor

Karma is a bitch. Don't forget to wear a condom. Really, not censoring. Just teaching people how to follow guidelines. I agree with OP. If guidelines not followed why have them?

NE
It makes sense to have one thread to bunch all links and date to news thread, so much cleanser and

neat.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
I believe I should be given the power to temporary ban people for 3 days for not following guideline, especially after not fixing their shit after I give a nasty reply and a nasty PM.

Are you the new press officer? Can you remove that hive of scum and plagiarism that calls itself cryptocoinnews?
legendary
Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363
I don't think a global ban of any kind would be justified for violating the subboard-rules in one subboard. Temp banning from posting in this sub-board on the other hand...
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
Is it being used incorrectly that much?  I honestly have no idea as I hardly look in there, but how many posts per week (an average) would you say are wrong?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Try being friendly in your PMs letting them know about the guidelines. Otherwise, just fix it and move on. Only request a ban if it gets serious.

My goal is to reduce the need to fix press thread to zero so that I literally eliminate the need for moderation.  If people aren't reading my PM or showing that they understand the guideline, then it is one more person to moderate in the future.

With a temporary ban, I can force them to learn rather than avoiding reading the thread they post in or avoiding reading PM.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
Try being friendly in your PMs letting them know about the guidelines. Otherwise, just fix it and move on. Only request a ban if it gets serious.
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
I believe I should be given the power to temporary ban people for 3 days for not following guideline, especially after not fixing their shit after I give a nasty reply and a nasty PM.

Hear, hear! +1

kiba, I consider myself your biggest fan, and I fully support your war on the chaos and disorganization that those scumbags bring to the press section!

Where do I vote? [kiba 4 prezdent!]
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Pages:
Jump to: