Pages:
Author

Topic: [TESTNET]Bismuth - New Language, Interpretation Engines, DAPPs - page 19. (Read 49730 times)

legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000
3 days of mining and I do not get.only in the first 4 hours I got 50 coins.why?is it hard to mining these coins?

legendary
Activity: 1050
This coin will be CPU only, or it will have GPU miner at launch for win and linux?

any algo can be both cpu and gpu ... what really count would it be efficient on gpu ... some algo are not like xmr
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
This coin will be CPU only, or it will have GPU miner at launch for win and linux?
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
yes, you mined.
miner.exe is counting up the attempts.
legendary
Activity: 1027
how to start mining?

I mined or not
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Just found this project, do not know where the advantages of your coins in it? How to install this coin mining, the new wallet, but not mine! Could you give me some coins, I will test! My wallet address 15d1230781b3803f60d400354d8090459e9193b8b3fe2082e377bc09
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
I tried to re/sync with an active node from a lower block and it appears somewhat problematic. Not sure if more active nodes would fix it, but I think some concepts need to be redesigned.
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
Hi, little question about mining, so i leaved stable version for few days mining and no reward, its ok or just bad luck?))

Hi, the competition is higher these days for the blocks, but you should get lucky eventually
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
Hi, little question about mining, so i leaved stable version for few days mining and no reward, its ok or just bad luck?))
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
Version 0.931 confirmed stable... for now

Yep, running smooth but why do I have a block posted some minutes later.

Hi, that's because it got reshuffled, there was a different peer who had a higher block fork at that moment. That's why we need transaction grouping like every other coin has
Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Yep, running smooth but why do I have a block posted some minutes later.

legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
is there any exchange which this coin is already added?

Not yet, it is still in a testing phase
and here, have a new version

https://github.com/hclivess/Bismuth/releases/tag/0.931
Rollback from future fork against majority fixed
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Everything you want, is everything you need.
is there any exchange which this coin is already added?
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
New version is out, let's see whether the threads get clogged on incoming transactions or not

https://github.com/hclivess/Bismuth/releases/tag/0.93

Confirmation handling reworked
All new transactions now require at least 5 confirmations for the previous block before added to the ledger
Nodes which are no longer active are now purged on startup
Nodes which send out too many rollback request will now decrease confirmations for their latest blocks and roll back
Typo fixes

Some GUI optimisations are still needed
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
I needed to revert the latest version
I'll do it differently
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
Idea for an improvement: pick the most frequent signature from mempool as the next transaction to reduce friction. Now it's handled by timestamp if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Timestamp organization will be just as effective in shared global mempool, and should improve timestamp progression with the additions in the upcoming version
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
I appears that the fork has been resolved, because the lower network majority (51%+) disconnected and by the time they reconnected, the higher peer was already 51%+ of the network (probably converted peers to the fork in a 1v1 and perhaps 1v2 situations). No code has been put in place to prevent such forks yet, although optimizations in confirmation mechanisms are still being contemplated.

Code adjustment proposal:

a, You will need a block to be the most occuring in the consensus pool in order to add a confirmation, such implementation should not be very difficult, but I need to handle the pool purging first, so that there are no leftover peer opinions after disconnects.

It is completely feasible to expect that few active nodes would prevent a fork situation in the future, but more testing needs to be done.

b, Perhaps another solution would be not to allow nodes add new transactions without a certain number of local confirmations (3?), so the first transaction has time to sink in the network across multiple nodes. This rule needs to be implemented inside nodes and triggger after receiving the transaction, so the malicious nodes have no advantages.

This appears to be the more reasonable way to go, since it does not rely on not so optimized consensus pool and only requires delay implementation between mempool.db and ledger.db in the digest_mempool() function

Impact analysis of b:
Malicious nodes will still be able to set up a fork by creating a pool of nodes isolated from the majority of the network. However, their fork will be rejected by the 51% rule upon rejoining the network, as long as the majority does not swing to their side. In conclusion, this adjustment makes network reward obedient nodes for cooperation. The negatives are an obvious (but necessary) slowdown of the transaction flow, while still evading the Bitcoin model of PoW.
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
I think that the anti-rollback rules are set too tight now. I will do a few experiments and do according changes.
EDIT: there is a node of lower block height who does not roll back, investigating

@block 13592

It looks like nodes decided to reject the higher peer on a different fork by confirming each other in consensus. So while one person might have block 13751, all others have agreed on 13592.
The higher peer just does not have enough power to to convince others to rollback, because everyone made it to block 13592 of the 13592 chain, but noone is at block 13592 of 13751 chain.
Can you confirm that your 13592 hash is 1f8d8aa3e8f8bd44d7c8fa9dc7101e03ae305b8e355ae5b3deee72a9?

This is basically intended, but I need to add a mechanism for non-malicious higher block peer to roll back to consensus and start resubmitting blocks on the majority chain

This will make the 51% rule more powerful and we will become the first non-pow coin with such feature and security advantages.
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
ETA for bitsmuth main net?

Hi, not yet, but I will work on variable mining difficulty now
Pages:
Jump to: