Pages:
Author

Topic: TH1BTC Speculation Thread - Bitfinex Cloud Mining Contract - page 2. (Read 14215 times)

legendary
Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023
Having not heard back from Bitfinex for 9 days, I'm launching a signature campaign.  I encourage everyone else who lost money (or anyone who has enjoyed my posts) to join me in asking Bitfinex to do the right thing and fix this mess.

Activity: 763
Merit: 500
Shorting is up from 62 swaps to 82.

I think there is a chance that the market could be manipulated (or just naturally act weird) again.  Small amounts of manipulation (ex. maintaining a 10-15% price premium over the mining value) probably won't cause Bitfinex to act.

I've been waiting 8 days to hear from Bitfinex regarding my support ticket for a refund.  No response.  Typically they are a lot faster.

We are only 20 days until you can lock in your swap rate until it expires.  If the prices are still this high in 20 days and average priced swaps are still available like now, expect the price to plummet.
legendary
Shorting is up from 62 swaps to 82.

I think there is a chance that the market could be manipulated (or just naturally act weird) again.  Small amounts of manipulation (ex. maintaining a 10-15% price premium over the mining value) probably won't cause Bitfinex to act.

I've been waiting 8 days to hear from Bitfinex regarding my support ticket for a refund.  No response.  Typically they are a lot faster.
Oops, I meant Dec 15.

TH1 price is up slightly over the past 6 days.   The mining and interest value is currently around 0.73 BTC (1% difficulty increase, 3% pool fee, 0.1% swaps).  So it shouldn't be trading at 0.87.

And there are 200 bids over 0.8 BTC. That is crazy.  The 200 bids in the 0.7 to 0.73 range make sense as that is what it is actually worth.

Number of swaps is down to 62.

I was thinking the same thing.  I am still a little hesitant until I can borrow TH1 BTC for 30 days that crosses over the Dec 1 threshold so I don't have to worry about renewing my rates.

Why Dec 1, its 15.12.2014 when the contract expires ?

Not much volume being traded and someone is closing old short position (60THs), therefore price has some support for now.
Activity: 544
Merit: 250
Evil Pool
TH1 price is up slightly over the past 6 days.   The mining and interest value is currently around 0.73 BTC (1% difficulty increase, 3% pool fee, 0.1% swaps).  So it shouldn't be trading at 0.87.

And there are 200 bids over 0.8 BTC. That is crazy.  The 200 bids in the 0.7 to 0.73 range make sense as that is what it is actually worth.

I was thinking the same thing.  I am still a little hesitant until I can borrow TH1 BTC for 30 days that crosses over the Dec 1 threshold so I don't have to worry about renewing my rates.

Why Dec 1, its 15.12.2014 when the contract expires ?

Not much volume being traded and someone is closing old short position (60THs), therefore price has some support for now.

legendary

legendary
If you close, you can put your money into other swaps. Though this is only really useful if you want to lend out USD at 0.08%/day and have your funds in USD.  If your TH1 short is in profit, you'll get BTC for it.
How do I put in a bid to close out my short position?  To I put in a margin buy or do I go to the exchange and put in a regular buy?

Do a margin buy or click on Close to the right of the position info

Close would do it at market though right?

I am up 22% right now but I can't decide if I am better off closing now or waiting until contract ends.
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
How do I put in a bid to close out my short position?  To I put in a margin buy or do I go to the exchange and put in a regular buy?

Do a margin buy or click on Close to the right of the position info
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
What is the expected BTC mined at current rates though?  Link to a good calculator?  I want to figure that out and any increase in difficulty is a bonus.

This is approximately how much 1 TH/s will mine by 2014/12/15 13:00:00 assuming different rates of increase (except the next one, which is assumed to be about 1%):

Increase Each PeriodTotal Mined
-5%0.87 BTC
0%0.85 BTC
5%0.83 BTC
10%0.81 BTC
15%0.79 BTC
20%0.77 BTC

Here is a spreadsheet you can use to calculate the value:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllWdSPlWdvydEUwc19xWWVqa2x6eXd3V3NKV2NmZHc&usp=sharing
Looks like the swap rate is falling.  There are offers at 0.128% for 30 days that aren't taken.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a price spike at some point. Even if it is irrational.

Shorting it really depends on what is happening with mining. We appear to be having the biggest or second biggest slow down of mining growth.  If we'd be seeing 10% increases, shorting it would be a great deal. If we're seeing 2-4% - not such a good deal and risky as the contract can still be manipulated (Ex. a small increase in its price might not be seen as manipulation if it isn't as protracted as the last one).

Number of TH swaps: 121.

What is the expected BTC mined at current rates though?  Link to a good calculator?  I want to figure that out and any increase in difficulty is a bonus.
legendary
Looks like the swap rate is falling.  There are offers at 0.128% for 30 days that aren't taken.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a price spike at some point. Even if it is irrational.

Shorting it really depends on what is happening with mining. We appear to be having the biggest or second biggest slow down of mining growth.  If we'd be seeing 10% increases, shorting it would be a great deal. If we're seeing 2-4% - not such a good deal and risky as the contract can still be manipulated (Ex. a small increase in its price might not be seen as manipulation if it isn't as protracted as the last one).

Number of TH swaps: 121.
Evil Pool
As the price will decrease over time so will decrease interest payments.
Hmm, if so the price crashing is a good thing.  I just need to figure out how to calculate if I'm better to close it now or hold it to until it expires.

From what Ive gathered you pay interest every day in the form of TH1. For this you buy small fractions of TH1 every day at current market price.
Evil Pool
From what Ive gathered you pay interest every day in the form of TH1. For this you buy small fractions of TH1 every day at current market price.
legendary
I think the interest depends on the market price of TH1.  Not sure if that is the bid, ask, or last traded. I could be wrong on this!

Shorting it until the last day - you'll earn the price of the contract (minus dividends and swap costs).

Outstanding TH1 swaps down to 140.

50 bids at 0.8255
100 bids at 0.82
100 bids at 0.700

So if I borrow TH1 to short it, the day rate that I am paying is the interest rate X the rate I sold the TH1 at?

Anyone have a know exactly what 1 would earn from today until end of contract at current difficulty?
legendary
Swaps down to 200.6 TH1. Swap rate is dropping.
Pages:
Jump to: