Pages:
Author

Topic: Thailand to Legalize Gambling To combat Illegal gambling or.... - page 7. (Read 752 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1167
Gamble responsibly
I also think that it is a wise decision on the PM side since it is impossible to stop gambling, so why not take advantage of it for the country's development?  Your thought?
If you do not let your citizens to gamble, you are only deceiving yourself because gambling is in the nature of humans. That is why you will see the citizens of the countries where gambling is not legal going to foreign gambling sites to gamble. It is good that Thailand government see this now and know that they should legalize gambling and generate tax from it. Buddhism religion do not totally forbids gambling while they do not also totally support it.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
I read an article about Thailand's Prime Minister planning to legalize gambling in order to combat illegal gambling.  He also stated that the illegal gambling operation are earning trillions of baht but are not contributing to the nation.  Read more about the news here:
    Thai PM: Legalise gambling to tackle existing illegal gambling

I believe the Thai PM realized that they are losing for not making gambling legal in their country.  I believe it is not to combat the illegal gambling but rather to take advantage of the gambling activities to get more taxes to fund the country's treasury.  It was said that if gambling is legalized the country might bring an amount ranging from TBH30B to TBH50B (US$0.8bn to US$1.3bn) in investments to the country aside from the annual taxes that can be earned from gambling industries.

I also think that it is a wise decision on the PM side since it is impossible to stop gambling, so why not take advantage of it for the country's development?  Your thought?
Pages:
Jump to: