Pages:
Author

Topic: The $1 Million Dollar Bitcoin - page 23. (Read 25625 times)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
November 04, 2015, 10:41:21 AM
If all the US national debt is nominated with bitcoin, ie, people use all the bitcoin to buy US debt, the price of each bticoin will be over $1m.

We have 14.5 million bitcoin and 18 T US debt.

The U.S. isnt even the only country with debt either.

And if we're just going to pay of our "debts" that would leave the current elite with all our Bitcoin, something we absolutely do not want. (Because the debts we "owe" them are a product of a scam, and those guys are truly evil and they should not be given power).

But you post makes it clear what I also said above, Bitcoin can and will reach millions of dollars sooner or later, it's mathematically inevitable.
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
November 04, 2015, 08:57:45 AM
If all the US national debt is nominated with bitcoin, ie, people use all the bitcoin to buy US debt, the price of each bticoin will be over $1m.

We have 14.5 million bitcoin and 18 T US debt.
legendary
November 04, 2015, 02:59:17 AM
The shear amount of money out there is staggering.

So i see a $1M btc as quite doable.

for instance Most people don't realize that the worlds biggest company is 20x Apple, that's right around the 10T mark give a take a few T.

Then there are the financial markets etc that dwarf all of that.

Exactly, and how big is Bitcoin now? 4 billion or so?

It's dust compared to the dollar economy

I don't see Bitcoin ever reaching 1 million in our lifetime.  That is an absurd amount of value for 1 coins to have.  I would absolutely love it if it happened don't get me wrong, I just think we have to be somewhat realistic about the value of the coins.

Let me repeat what I have said so many times

There's only ever going to be 21 million bitcoins.

This means that only 21000 people can hold 1000 bitcoins.

A single Bitcoin is very valuable and very few people will be able to afford a whole Bitcoin.

Maybe you should start thinking about Bitcoin in terms of millibitcoin or Microbitcoin.    

We are just lucky to be early adopters and have the chance to own full bitcoins, some of us even have hundreds or thousands of them, we can be considered the billionaires and millionaires of the Bitcoin economy.      

No one will ever hold a million bitcoins and no individual will likely even get 10000 Bitcoin (except maybe satoshi himself).

Please understand how tiny an amount 21 million really is on a global scale.

We will see $1,000,000 Bitcoin more likely than not, not in 100 years, not in 50 years but in 5 years, maybe 10 max.

Call me crazy all you want, but that's how I see it. Within 5 years 100,000 is the least you can expect.

It's about time people start to realize how lucky we are to even own a Bitcoin. Wait until the masses wake up, trying to buy Bitcoin, just to find out there's no sellers left to sell full bitcoins anymore. Watch them figh over the scraps we have left them for ridicilous prices.

It won't be 1 Bitcoin for $1,000,000 it will be 500 microbitcoin for $750
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
November 04, 2015, 02:41:33 AM
$1m/bitcoin will not happen any time soon. Maybe in 20 years time. At that time, bitcoin is in 20% of world population's pocket. You can use it to pay anything.
I think it will stabilize by then.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 03, 2015, 03:39:29 PM

for instance Most people don't realize that the worlds biggest company is 20x Apple, that's right around the 10T mark give a take a few T.

I don't see Bitcoin ever reaching 1 million in our lifetime.  That is an absurd amount of value for 1 coins to have.  I would absolutely love it if it happened don't get me wrong, I just think we have to be somewhat realistic about the value of the coins.

what i know is that in case there is even a tiny possibility for this, i'm leaving in hold mode forever at least one bitcoin, that will not be used for anything else, i will treat as if i had lost it
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
November 03, 2015, 02:39:51 PM
It seems that people have forgotten that bitcoin still has flaws that need to be worked on under the hood... all of this price increase is due to hype and the "fear of missing out" effect. It might reach past $1-2K, but at that point, people will be questioning why they are buying bitcoins for this much and not getting a quality product at the end of it.  So no, I don't think that bitcoin will go up to $1 million, unless there are changes to the code.

Wait, what do you mean by "quality product"? Because being able to store your wealth outside of the system and reach of governments and being able to trespass any goverment capital controls and anyone that wanted to play with your money without your consent, with a lot of expansible features when sidechains arrive.. it's a pretty fucking good product you are getting if you ask me.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
November 03, 2015, 02:28:51 PM

I don't see Bitcoin ever reaching 1 million in our lifetime.  That is an absurd amount of value for 1 coins to have.  I would absolutely love it if it happened don't get me wrong, I just think we have to be somewhat realistic about the value of the coins.
legendary
November 03, 2015, 11:55:25 AM

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
November 03, 2015, 10:40:11 AM
You are talking about official figures. This is like trusting that the Forbes guys are the richest guys on earth. Im pretty sure they are not. There must be families out there that have hundreds of trillions, Rothchilds, Rockefellers... in classic paintings, statues, jewelry, tons of money out there that goes unnoticed. Also the USA debt is 20 trillion. It can happen, but I see 100K per Bitcoin as a fact already, we are just slowly walking towards it.
Activity: 271
November 03, 2015, 10:32:34 AM
$1m/bitcoin will not happen any time soon. Maybe in 20 years time. At that time, bitcoin is in 20% of world population's pocket. You can use it to pay anything.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
November 03, 2015, 10:06:34 AM
It seems that people have forgotten that bitcoin still has flaws that need to be worked on under the hood... all of this price increase is due to hype and the "fear of missing out" effect. It might reach past $1-2K, but at that point, people will be questioning why they are buying bitcoins for this much and not getting a quality product at the end of it.  So no, I don't think that bitcoin will go up to $1 million, unless there are changes to the code.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 03, 2015, 10:00:34 AM
According to Gil Luria, Managing Director at the Los Angeles, Ca.-based investment bank Wedbush Securities, the first investment bank in the U.S. to accept Bitcoin as payment for fees. If Bitcoin lives up to its potential and becomes the working capital of international trade, instead of countries and companies sitting on yen, U.S. dollars, Swiss francs, they could just use Bitcoin for cross-border transactions. It would be far more efficient. If that were to happen, Bitcoin would be taking $10 trillion of foreign currency that sits in multinational companies. If that were the case, each Bitcoin could be worth $1 million. The probability of that happening would be very low but it is possible.

Activity: 168
November 03, 2015, 08:42:55 AM
Don't see this happening any time soon. If you've been keeping up with bitcoin for a while you'll see that they got their highs and lows. Yes, I do believe bitcoin is a good investment, but for the value to go up to 1 million, it will take years and years. I'll probably be dead by then.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
November 03, 2015, 07:02:22 AM

Activity: 335
November 03, 2015, 06:53:42 AM
I don't this will happen in the near future. It is possible but not any time soon
Well let say it happends and you have 1 BTC you just earn 1M dollar doing nothing  Cool

The value of the bitcoin will never go up that fast. I said NEAR future not saying that it's not possible.
And it's not like i would've earned it doing nothing. I work to buy bitcoins, it wouldn't just be handed out to me.
Activity: 140
November 03, 2015, 06:49:23 AM
I don't this will happen in the near future. It is possible but not any time soon
Well let say it happends and you have 1 BTC you just earn 1M dollar doing nothing  Cool
Activity: 335
November 03, 2015, 06:45:19 AM
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
November 03, 2015, 06:42:29 AM
One million per coin? Yes, it is certainly possible.

When I took a dive into the technology behind it, I started to see how this decentralized network could change our lives for ever and in ways we can't even begin to realize today. Mr Nakamoto gave us a "coin" just as an example of the possible implementations. In this case he or she gave us a  product and a service competing in a very tangible market as a store of value and as a transactional currency.

Can you imagine governments importing their records into the block chain for open, safe keeping? Honduras is thinking about it.  How about power grid consumption and charges? South Africa is looking into it. Elections? Real State, health care, Financial transactions, international settlement, smart contracts, proof of existence,  etc.etc,etc.

Stop to think for a minute about the futures marke, the derivatives..., those puppies are a quadrillion dollar fiction market (which will come crashing down on us at some point)  Why shouldn't Bitcoin reach a 5% global market cap within the next 15 years? Sounds crazy? I was told I was crazy when I started mining Bitcoin way back,  and then they laughed at me when I bought bitcoins for a dollar. Guess who is laughing now?

Finally, if you are buying Bitcoin in hopes of exchanging it for more fiat in the future, you just don't get Bitcoin!!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 02, 2015, 04:13:10 AM
except for the fact that only a fraction of the bitcoin is actually in exchanges i the fist place.

on top of this, those bitcoin are also in play by few people, they play with each other and some time you get a price increase like the last one, and then a dump

if this condition remain true, there is no even 1k per bitcoin let alone 1M...
Pages:
Jump to: