Pages:
Author

Topic: The $1 Million Dollar Bitcoin - page 22. (Read 25625 times)

Activity: 533
Merit: 251
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
February 28, 2016, 06:53:37 AM
I would even prefer to 1 bitcoin = $40.000-50.000 price in near future. I could at least buy small apartment house in my hometown to live.
I think it will never see $1.000.000 price but 10.000s or really exceptable in long term.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
February 28, 2016, 05:58:00 AM
If this happened , bitcoin will drop 100000% in the next day.
You know why? 99.99999% people will sell all bitcoin that they have , so it looks impossible for me.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
February 27, 2016, 02:15:31 PM
The future is not that bright.

I think it's in flux right now and could go either way. Its flaws are becoming ever more glaring and the much touted services and businesses that sprang up haven't really delivered. What it needs is a while to see if the things holding it back can be addressed successfully. Even then hype or extreme doom can kick off at any moment.
Activity: 431
Merit: 250
February 27, 2016, 10:17:22 AM
Is $1 million the latest figure the Winklevoss twins are suggesting lol?
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
February 27, 2016, 09:56:25 AM
Forget about the $1 million mark, I don't think that Bitcoin will ever reach the $10,000 per coin mark. The adoption is slowing down, and if the indications are true, the number of users is also declining. The data from the major exchanges indicate that the trade volume is down when compared to that in the previous years. The future is not that bright.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
February 27, 2016, 09:47:07 AM

Bitcoin better do reach 1 million real quick now for i needs just about 20K USD to pay the rest of my loans. will later have to pay my rent for a year but may not need to if btc will be 1 million in a year.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 27, 2016, 07:34:06 AM
Maybe it will be possible in a few years if the United States keeps increasing their M1 like they have been doing these last few years  Grin

That is simply impossible, bitcoin can never go that high, you need to believe and accept the reality, at a moment it might reach $1k but not beyond that.
I'm not say that bitcoin will go this high, I was saying that if the US dollar devaluates a lot (hyper-inflation weimar republic style  Grin) bitcoin would be able to be worth lots (millions ?) of dollars.

But its really difficult to predict that it can go that high in future, but anything is possible when it comes to bitcoin price, so lets hope the value of bitcoin would in worth of millions.

I don't think that's ever possible in future, we are expecting too much from bitcoins, I think maximum it can reach is upto $10k not more then that.
Activity: 224
February 27, 2016, 06:24:27 AM
Maybe it will be possible in a few years if the United States keeps increasing their M1 like they have been doing these last few years  Grin

That is simply impossible, bitcoin can never go that high, you need to believe and accept the reality, at a moment it might reach $1k but not beyond that.
I'm not say that bitcoin will go this high, I was saying that if the US dollar devaluates a lot (hyper-inflation weimar republic style  Grin) bitcoin would be able to be worth lots (millions ?) of dollars.

But its really difficult to predict that it can go that high in future, but anything is possible when it comes to bitcoin price, so lets hope the value of bitcoin would in worth of millions.
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 26, 2016, 03:32:00 PM

Activity: 182
February 26, 2016, 03:27:11 PM

Activity: 616
Merit: 503
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 26, 2016, 03:11:59 PM
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
February 26, 2016, 02:11:42 PM
For 1 Bitcoin to be worth $1,000,000, the total market cap of Bitcoin would have to be $21 trillion dollars. What are the odds of this happening?

For reference, the amount of physical $dollars and coins in circulation are around $1.2 trillion. The global M2 money supply of all currencies are around $45 trillion. The market cap of all mined gold is around $7 trillion.

Will 1 Bitcoin be worth a million dollars? Half a million? Thoughts?
Bitcoin to be worth $1,000,000 is quit impossible,since bitcoin founded,it never reach that price,and until bitcoin become unused maybe never reach that price,so far the highest price just about $700 and its really good for next time to going back to 2013.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
February 26, 2016, 02:02:34 PM
I think it would be hard not to sell a bitcoin if it reaches $1 million.  If I just hold it then I can never see the benefit of being rich.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 721
February 26, 2016, 10:48:28 AM
a lot of people will dump long before the 1 million bitcoin

Anyone who dumps after reaching any price is someone who doesn't understand bitcoin. Simple as that. Usually these people (1) don't own many bitcoins and (2) they don't dump all together at the same time. Thus they're not going to have too much of an impact on the price. But yeah, when we reach 1000, 2000, 10000, and such numbers, people will sell a little and leave. But they're only people who weren't needed in the first place. Just passers by.

The only time people should be allowed to dump is when they're positive we've reached the turning point of a bubble and the price is starting to go down (and ideally they shouldn't properly dump but only sell a percentage of what they own). But it's not called dumping then. It's called trading. Because they'll likely buy back when they deem the price low enough.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
February 26, 2016, 10:44:54 AM
I do not know, I guess that will not happen any time soon, even for a price approaching $ 10,000 only occurs only 1x in 6 years  Sad

lol, what's the logic behind what you say? we might never see $10,000 at all. when all things go well for bitcoin and the adoption rate increases significantly, then we have a good chance of seeing the price reach $2000-$3000 at some point in the future. but at this point it's kinda a waste of time to focus on anything above $1000 as we are far away from that price level.
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 26, 2016, 10:25:42 AM
I do not know, I guess that will not happen any time soon, even for a price approaching $ 10,000 only occurs only 1x in 6 years  Sad

That would be a solution for an economy. Seeing as how bitcoins are limited and many are lost everyday.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
February 26, 2016, 08:55:54 AM
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
February 26, 2016, 05:54:05 AM
I read about bitcoin in 2010. Thinking about the rules of distribution written in code I saw one million dollar bitcoin back then. I could not be sure this small niche would catch wind back then but today I am sincerely confident I will see a million dollar bitcoin if I live to an old age. Remember that it really does not mean 21 trillion market cap if you factor lost coins into it.(which is large amount)

My guesstimate is that the next huge bull run will mostly happen second half 2017. $10000+ at that time might be met. There will be years of pullback until new orders of magnitude are hit in about 4 year cycles. A few catalysts are possible that could mean even more bullishness. Potential pitfalls exist of course too. As an example of a catalyst say there was a new extreme financial crises that alone draws money into btc but in the middle of chaos a central bank decides to hold bitcoin as reserve and some others follow! $1,000,000? nope try much more...

Debt backed by deficit fiat currency is impossible to float forever in current form. You walk a line in between debt deflationary spiral  and out of control inflation . When a politician says we need to pay off our debt I chuckle at the impossibility baring negative rates or something.

There is no limit to the dollar cost of bitcoin. NONE in the long run.

I like your way of thinking and your predictions. All of this might happen in the future. Why not? That's why we are trying to earn more Bitocins and we are not going to sell them with the current price because the price is too low, Bitcoin is very underestimated today.
Activity: 124
February 26, 2016, 05:23:45 AM
I read about bitcoin in 2010. Thinking about the rules of distribution written in code I saw one million dollar bitcoin back then. I could not be sure this small niche would catch wind back then but today I am sincerely confident I will see a million dollar bitcoin if I live to an old age. Remember that it really does not mean 21 trillion market cap if you factor lost coins into it.(which is large amount)

My guesstimate is that the next huge bull run will mostly happen second half 2017. $10000+ at that time might be met. There will be years of pullback until new orders of magnitude are hit in about 4 year cycles. A few catalysts are possible that could mean even more bullishness. Potential pitfalls exist of course too. As an example of a catalyst say there was a new extreme financial crises that alone draws money into btc but in the middle of chaos a central bank decides to hold bitcoin as reserve and some others follow! $1,000,000? nope try much more...

Debt backed by deficit fiat currency is impossible to float forever in current form. You walk a line in between debt deflationary spiral  and out of control inflation . When a politician says we need to pay off our debt I chuckle at the impossibility baring negative rates or something.

There is no limit to the dollar cost of bitcoin. NONE in the long run.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
November 04, 2015, 01:20:53 PM
If a lot of whales decide to put some of their wealth on Bitcoin and everyday people follow and learn it's benefits we could go to 20 trillion marketcap in a decade. Of course, take into account that the total supply is far from being 21 million at this point, so we would need less than 21 trillion to see 1 million per coin, actually way less because this isn't 2+2=4.
Pages:
Jump to: