Pages:
Author

Topic: the 2018 crypto crash is now like the 1990s dot com crash - page 4. (Read 1111 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
many assets have such feature as rising and falling in prices. just look at oil - the price was over $100 and falled under $30. cryptocurrency market is young so such volatility is a common situation.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
If so there will be some solid project which can survive, and that sounds not bad all.
Better get rid of bad apples.
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
People from the past doesnt have good idea what they are into,people today is getting more aware because we have google that can answer most of the questions today,from the past people really dont have any idea that is why they just based these fact from the rumors or news around the community.Crash would be expected these days because of the high volatility it wont be a suprise.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Too many people jumped in thinking this was easy money, rather than researching the coins and being selective. There are good coins out there if you look.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 256
Dot com's crash can never be applied to that of Cryptocurrencies. They are two different things and operate on a different basis. Crypto is providing a tangible service and people are beginning to embrace most of it. That the market went down for sometime doesn't mean that everything is about to crash. It will soon build up.
GFE
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
just like the 90s dot com crash, you have many people who lost money, instead of dot coms its coins, every other day in the 90s a new dot com opened up just like the coins now that comes out

its going to take a new generation of people to invest in crypto. I predict a 4 year bear market where its going to be like this for 4 years. there just isnt enough investors anymore

I think it is still usual correction. Also I see that new start ups gather a lot of money during ICO every day. So it is just beginning of blockchain technology development    
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
Dude you are comparing two different technologies,dot.com bubble was caused by many idiots from the past who doesnt know anything about anything but today cryptocurrencise and people has evolveed more aware to what will happen in the future,predictions are too accurate most of the time that is why people wont lose that much compare to the previous internet bubble.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
I think what is happening now is pure crash not correction etc. I think it will be not hard as dot com bubble, such crash will probably happen when bitcoin reaches prices above $50K.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
Lol this wasn't the same kind of crash, but okay. You could also compare it to tulips like that fat oldan, but there wouldn't be a point. This is technology that is already changing the world far more than the internet even will. The dot com bubble was because of idiots hyping about something you could do with any domain haha. You can't print more bitcoins though.

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
This is an interesting comparison, but not necessarily that the events will repeat. We can speak about bubble, but I think that this is a completely different story.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
Dont panic bro it will give you halucination,go out and watch some movies,go to park and smell good flowers so that you dont worry the market for a while and come back when the market has started to get recovered,do not rush things up the market is fine it is just some pullback because the market has been stabilized for the past few weeks.
Activity: 322
Merit: 114
just like the 90s dot com crash, you have many people who lost money, instead of dot coms its coins, every other day in the 90s a new dot com opened up just like the coins now that comes out

its going to take a new generation of people to invest in crypto. I predict a 4 year bear market where its going to be like this for 4 years. there just isnt enough investors anymore

It's nothing like it right now. The dot com crash lasted for many years with many of the companies going bust in that time. Crypto is nowhere near to that just yet. It's entirely possible but it's much too early to say we are already there.

I do not think so. Too many people have just started to learn about the crypto currency. For example, my neighbor yesterday has started to mine bitcoins. Everything  is just beginning. Many people  don't withdraw money from the cryptocurrency and continue to invest in new ICO projects.

This was the same with the dotcom bubble, people began to talk about it and it was well spread but then it crashed and people thought it was a false coming. They have been proved to be wrong.
Activity: 165
Merit: 1
HI : HEALTH

I do not think so. Too many people have just started to learn about the crypto currency. For example, my neighbor yesterday has started to mine bitcoins. Everything  is just beginning. Many people  don't withdraw money from the cryptocurrency and continue to invest in new ICO projects.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.

I disagree with your notion. Not all the cryptos can be compared to the dot coms opening every day during the end of 1990s. Probably a big part of cryptos indeed like those dot coms, but definitely not all of them. By the way some companies, such as eBay and Amazon, recovered after the crash and even surpassed their stock price peaks during the bubble. The same imo will happen to good cryptos, their price will eventually be higher than during the period from mid December 2017 to mid January 2018.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
In one way this is like a dot com crash is that people didn't understand internet start ups back in a dat and started putting money in each and every dotcom site driving the price of worthless companies. We have seen the same thing in crypto where many ICOs are raising millions of dollars. Let's see which one survives and who ever hold on to right ones will see a good profit in a future.
Activity: 302
Merit: 15
It's funny that people call it crash.
And "2018 crypto crash" is nothing like "1990s dot com crash".
Activity: 784
Merit: 314
actually it depends on each person, in my opinion, learn from the experience of the 90s this may indeed happen, but I think the chances are small,

Because all have principles before starting a project to be funded. Surely to achieve such a level requires no short experience, all need a process to search further before investing, with this risk opportunities run out of funds will be reduced
Activity: 378
Merit: 12
Lol, I still can not see a crash. The crash happens very quick even at traditional markets, bitcoin`s price now is like in November, a lot of altcoins worth much more than in November.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
You are entitled to you opinion. One thing you should know is that Blockchain philosophy is not dot com philosophy and the product are not same. Blockchain is the in thing now and real hot.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
new project open but 99.99 % of them are shit

locate the real projects and real dev teams and you will be in the wealthy minority when the turds all fade away with their dreams and talk white papers.
Pages:
Jump to: