Pages:
Author

Topic: The 27th World Handball Championship 2021! - page 6. (Read 937 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
January 11, 2021, 06:49:38 AM
I have heard some rumors that due to the larger number of infected players, Sweden and the Czech Republic could give up this competition.
The IHF has already determined the list of reserve teams and the first on the line is Macedonia.

I do not see any official information that the Czech Republic or Sweden will not participate in this competition, data from the IHF from yesterday confirm their performance. In situations like this, it’s always good to have a backup option, as players can become positive on a daily basis.

The decision to allow spectators to follow the matches directly is also very controversial.

I do not see how a smaller number of people who would respect all epidemiological measures would be a problem, but still the decision was made to play without spectators.

This is a big blow for Germany, since the guys from Kiel have been the defensive heart and soul and it will be very hard to replace this well working block in the middle of the defense. So don't expect a lot from Germany, betting on overs could maybe be a good option.

I find it ridiculous that someone refuses to play a competition like this because they are afraid of infection, but at the same time they play the domestic league and also the final four of the handball Champions League without any problems. Still, maybe this is an opportunity for some new players to show what they can do.

I am amazed that Norway and Sweden are so good in this sport, judging by the odds I see here in the table. what could that have to do with?

Then you are not at all familiar with handball, because this sport is very popular in these countries, as is the case with hockey, but of course football. Their leagues are certainly not as strong as the German or Spanish ones, but that is because their best players play in those leagues. At the last European Women's Handball Championship, Norway won first place which only shows that handball is a very important sport for them.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
January 10, 2021, 12:32:48 PM
I am amazed that Norway and Sweden are so good in this sport, judging by the odds I see here in the table. what could that have to do with? it cannot be compared in total with the level of the countries in football.
Also nice to see that Egypt is also a decent team with handball. i thought it would be way to hot to play handball in that country  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670
#birdgang
January 10, 2021, 12:16:11 PM
Nice thread Smiley Though I don't follow Handball in general very much, the WC/EC/Olympics are always nice to check out and by watching the games you get a good impression pretty fast and can find some good bets without being an expert.

Some bad news were already published in December, when some core pieces of the german NT cancelled their participation due to safety concerns. There were some discussions about it, since these players did play in Bundesliga/CL all the time and now all of sudden, they consider the WC with a quite good hygiene concept unsafe, but anyway.

The missing players will be Hendrik Pekeler, Patrick Wiencek, Steffen Weinhold (all THW Kiel) and Finn Lemke (MT Melsungen). This is a big blow for Germany, since the guys from Kiel have been the defensive heart and soul and it will be very hard to replace this well working block in the middle of the defense. So don't expect a lot from Germany, betting on overs could maybe be a good option.

Here are the outright odds taken from William Hill:

Source: https://sports.williamhill.com/betting/en-gb/handball

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
January 10, 2021, 10:25:44 AM
I have heard some rumors that due to the larger number of infected players, Sweden and the Czech Republic could give up this competition.
The IHF has already determined the list of reserve teams and the first on the line is Macedonia.
Given the crisis with Covid there is reportedly the possibility of a new draw and changing the entire skeleton of the competition.
It seems that the collapse of the competition and the cancellation of the arrival of the best players is also possible.
The decision to allow spectators to follow the matches directly is also very controversial.
The Croatian online portal Index wrote about this recently here: https://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/spu-u-rukometu-prijeti-totalni-debakl-hoce-li-ihf-spasiti-stvar-u-zadnji-trenutak/2245036.aspx

Anyway, this is going to be a very controversial competition.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
January 10, 2021, 10:10:27 AM

The 27th World Handball Championship starts on January 13, and this year it will be held in Egypt. Although everything in the world is affected by the pandemic, the matches will not be played without spectators - although it was originally planned that the capacity would be 30%, it was finally decided that the audience would be filled to a capacity of 20%.

Without underestimating anyone, at first glance I would single out some old favorites who should play the lead roles in this competition as well. From group A there are Germany and Hungary, and from groups B and C we should definitely single out Spain and Croatia who played a friendly match a few days ago in which Croatia won as host (31-28). Three days later, Spain also played a friendly match with Russia and also lost (26-28), so even though it is a preparatory match, it is possible that Spain has some problems given the number of goals conceded in those two matches.

The absolute favorite of Group D is of course Denmark, which lost a friendly match against Norway (34-36) yesterday, which brings us to a very interesting Group E with France and Norway. I have to admit that group F is quite unknown to me, while from groups G and H I would single out Sweden and Slovenia as possible favorites.

I hope for good handball and as few refereeing mistakes as possible - and let the best one win Wink

More info on link : https://www.handballegypt2021.com/
Pages:
Jump to: