Pages:
Author

Topic: The altcoin topic everyone wants to sweep under the rug - page 5. (Read 24373 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
legendary
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
You are not being told to do anything, at least not by me, as you insinuate. It`s just an advice I very well know you are not going to take.
As for "scaring people etc": that`s what YOU keep doing by alleging "scam" and SEC prosecution all over the place.
GO CALL THE COPS if what you say is true! Go to the SEC! Isn`t it your duty after all? You are soooo worried about the poor "n00bs" here, so please, go the the SEC/CIA/NSA/US Army and please protect the shit out of everybody!

He won't, because he can't, our little friend here can't afford an interaction with said agencies..........

But between you and I, let's let him continue to the be the BIG MAN on bitcointalk.

He is at least our little muse, a DASH court jester if you will.  

Well, in that case he was kindly protecting me from another alleged scam (Synereo/AMP), but yes, he is also protecting me in the DASH case.
It`s just that I am appaled by his hypocrisy. I would not waste my time on internet forums if I was witnessing alleged crimes comparable to rape and murder (his words) but go straight to the authorities.
You are not being told to do anything, at least not by me, as you insinuate. It`s just an advice I very well know you are not going to take.

There are multiple definitions of the word 'told'. It doesn't always mean 'commanded'. It can just be the past tense of 'tell' or 'inform', which was my intended meaning.

Why would you think I would not take it when I already stated it was good advice.

As for "scaring people etc": that`s what YOU keep doing by alleging "scam" and SEC prosecution all over the place.

Correct. I am trying to stop the scams. Is that bad? I am also helping the ICO issuers minimize their future problems by making sure investors were informed and thus "sophisticated". I am actually helping to reduce their potential future liability, because they can argue I was informing all the n00bs. Also by reducing the popularity of their ICOs, that is less money involved and so I presume less likely the SEC will bother.

So you tried to scare me with libel because you don't want the illegal scams to stop. Careful. Be careful what you are promoting.

GO CALL THE COPS if what you say is true! Go to the SEC! Isn`t it your duty after all? You are soooo worried about the poor "n00bs" here, so please, go the the SEC/CIA/NSA/US Army and please protect the shit out of everybody!

The SEC has its own determination of when they will crack down. I already quoted their January 2016 warning. They are aware already. I have postulated that they are first letting as many people incriminate themselves first, so as to maximize the dramatic effect when they do crackdown and snare as many criminally minded persons as they can. Afaik, the SEC usually doesn't get involved until the monetary sums are large.
legendary
Activity: 984
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
did the monero wrote that fact about infinite supply in their ann Huh   if i was an investard in monero i would feel cheated if it isnt

Yes and you can verify it was always there in archive.org. Off topic here, please continue on a Monero thread if you have other questions.
legendary
Activity: 1456
did the monero wrote that fact about infinite supply in their ann Huh   if i was an investard in monero i would feel cheated if it isnt

No one can fork Monero without the support of the decentralized miners. The distinction from the Dash masternode scam, is that a masternode is staked only once with DRK (Dash tokens) and earns 50+% ROI per annum forever after for the largest holders of Dash tokens, thus further centralizing the coin meaning there is a centralized oligarchy which the investors are relying on for their future expecation of profits which afaics fulfills the Howey test for what is an investment security that is regulated by the Securities Act. A decentralized PoW miner is constantly expending on electricity in a competitive free market. Owning a lot of Monero doesn't give you any leverage as a miner.

OMG... the answer resemble exactly the title of this thread  sweep under the rug that monero has infinite supply

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/3z527f/does_monero_have_a_maximum_cap_like_bitcoin_21/

[–]Ant-n 8 points 3 months ago
Monero is a bit different that bitcoin about money supply.
Once the total number of moneroj will reach 18.3 million then money supply will stop decreasing and stay at a constant rate of 0.3 Monero per minute.
This is meant to provide incentive to secure the blockchain even after the 18.3 million coins will be distributed.
Note that it's a constant amount so it will be about 1% the first year and it will reduce every year but never reach 0.

No one can fork Monero without the support of the decentralized miners. The distinction from the Dash masternode scam, is that a masternode is staked only once with DRK (Dash tokens) and earns 50+% ROI per annum forever after for the largest holders of Dash tokens, thus further centralizing the coin meaning there is a centralized oligarchy which the investors are relying on for their future expecation of profits which afaics fulfills the Howey test for what is an investment security that is regulated by the Securities Act. A decentralized PoW miner is constantly expending on electricity in a competitive free market. Owning a lot of Monero doesn't give you any leverage as a miner.
legendary
Activity: 1456
 did the monero wrote that fact about infinite supply in their ann Huh   if i was an investard in monero i would feel cheated if it isnt
Until I receive a formal apology from sasha in this thread for calling me delusional and then telling people to Google my history to see how I'm a "bad actor", there is no possibility of collaboration.

My company and its partners will not work with projects or people who personally attack our personnel or management.
Charles I did this because I couldn't really understand your behavior and what you actually wanted. It was in the heat of the moment and I apologize for this.  I have to mention that I know Alex from NXT community since at least a couple years, we've met at a conference, I've been following Scorex and his articles closely at least since October or November last year. It was a very obvious choice for me to build on scorex, since I liked the approach and it would obviously speed up the development. Of course Scorex is not production-ready but no one was going to put it into production immediately.

I know Alex as a member of NXT community and NXT developer, not as an IOHK employee. I can somehow understand your position now but you should also understand mine. Crypto is about cooperation, and I really expect people to cooperate, especially when they seem interested, like you did. So these developments were unexpected for me,  and I made these remarks.   This situation does not do any good to either party.  Please let's finish this and move on to building products.

Actions speak louder than words. Have you removed the misleading statements from your website and inserted a disclaimer that your interactions on the open source Scorex do not constitute an endorsement, commitment, nor assistance from IOHK?

I think you don't understand well the predicament Charles is in, considering that he is running a global corporation and is ostensibly a USA citizen. He can't at any costs be later claimed to have contributed to the promotion of illegal investment securities to non-accredited USA investors (and regulatory issues in other jurisdictions). Although he won't come right out and say this, you need to respect and understand that this issue is most definitely lurking (unless Charles specifically states here that is not an issue for him). He is being diplomatic but it is up to you to have a brain and read between the lines so there won't be a misunderstanding. This is not a small matter. Jail time is potentially involved.

Disclaimer: IANAL so consult your own. And I have had no discussions with Charles on this matter, nor on legal issues, nor any private communication with Charles since 2014 (before he formed Ethereum) afair.
Seriously though, is there any reason for me to invest in Dash, given the evidence? (genuine question)

Because it might go up in value?

If you are looking for long term success, no, there is not really a basis to expect that, and the disreputable background documented here only makes that less likely.

If you are looking for short term swings, sure, go for it if your research supports it and you can afford the risk.

Be careful if you are playing big though. The liquidity in Dash is quite poor, both relative to the market cap and in absolute terms. Most likely because the vast majority of the coin supply doesn't ever hit the market, it is HODLed by instaminers and early adopters who have it locked up in masternodes.

For small-size trading where you try to time the market and don't need to worry much about liquidity, it can be as good as anything else.

And also given the level of insider control alleged, we don't know if the Dash liquidity is faked. So actual liquidity may be even worse than advertised.

Every day you have hanging over your investment the extra risk that FinCEN, State of Arizona, or the SEC could announce an investigation.
Just curious, and not looking to get into a long-running discussion over this, but if Waves is domiciled in Europe somewhere isn't it really the responsibility of US investors to obey US laws, not some foreign organization?

IANAL, but apparently US law goes after the issuers if they market them to non-accredited US investors. There may be details and exceptions. There is an entire thread on this topic.

Secondly, they are selling tokens, not shares in a corporation. How is what they're doing different then selling any other token (postage stamps, old coins) or commodity that goes up and down in value?

That linked thread explains the Supreme Court Howey test. Key criteria is the n00b (non-accredited) investors are relying on the future actions of issuer for the expectations of profits.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Their (ICO promotion) signatures always reveal their hatred for the truth I speak about selling ostensibly illegal unregistered investment securities to US investors.

Suppose they don't like that truth. How sad they wouldn't be able to steal money if they obeyed the law.  Cry

The laws you refer to were created to protect interests of banksters, not of ordinary people. We all are 18+ here and decide ourselves what to do with our money. Go and post on Wall Street forums, people like you (who want to be a submissive of USA govt) are not welcome here.

PS: Could anyone quote my post, please? The guy doesn't like when I disturb him in his delusion world, but the message is intended to open his eyes and bring him back to the reality, it's important for him (though he won't admit that even to himself).
legendary
You didn't have counter-arguments so you posted another racist post, right?

We already had this discussion in the past. Cultures which harbor people who disrespect G20 norms on investment securities law are harboring scammers in my view and also apparently in the opinion of the person I quoted. This has nothing to do with race.

Keep building your strawman legal case.  Roll Eyes

You are on Ignore and are not coming off of it ever again. So don't expect replies.

Well, guys, nothing to see here anymore. It's a clinical case, poor TPTB has gone into the total denial.

We already had this discussion in the past. Cultures which harbor people who disrespect G20 norms on investment securities law are harboring scammers in my view and also apparently in the opinion of the person I quoted. This has nothing to do with race.

Keep building your strawman legal case.  Roll Eyes

You are on Ignore and are not coming off of it ever again. So don't expect replies.
legendary
Nice try to divert attention away from your money grabbing scams:

is the only thing missing to pump the new Waves IPO to the moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG_XiOdbum8#t=57s

Successful IPO launch ingredients:

1. Prominent Eastern European dev

"check"

[...]

To make it clear:

PS: BTW, why "your"? You think that I'm involved in Waves or it's just all that you can do - completely made-up ad hominems?
You forgot to quote this:

Can't you read between the lines that Charles is distancing himself and his company from the investment securities law implications of ICOs.

Man, you should stop explaining everything as an attempt to stay away of SEC ruling. Your posts are not only racist (because imply superiority of the USA) but are also plain annoying because were repeated too many times.

In this very case Charles explained his intentions pretty clear, no need to create conspiracy theories.

Nice try to divert attention away from your money grabbing scams:

is the only thing missing to pump the new Waves IPO to the moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG_XiOdbum8#t=57s

Successful IPO launch ingredients:

1. Prominent Eastern European dev

"check"

[...]
legendary
You forgot to quote this:

Can't you read between the lines that Charles is distancing himself and his company from the investment securities law implications of ICOs.

Man, you should stop explaining everything as an attempt to stay away of SEC ruling. Your posts are not only racist (because imply superiority of the USA) but are also plain annoying because were repeated too many times.

In this very case Charles explained his intentions pretty clear, no need to create conspiracy theories.

Pages:
Jump to: