Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bank of Bitcoin- The World's Most Secure Bitcoin Service- Unhackable! - page 3. (Read 6864 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
r3wt- I don't think you got the point.  The point is not whether or not md5 is able to be "cracked."  The point is to demonstrate that our pages have not been changed.  If you hash a text string with md5, as long as the input text string is the same, the resulting md5 hash will be the same.

You should have given it a full second.   Smiley

Actually with md5, the problem is indeed not to "be cracked", it is for a collision to have been found.

A collision is an event where to different inputs yield the same md5 hash, and the math behind md5 has been sufficiently broken that creating a forged document with the same md5 has as a genuine document is no where near computationally challenging enough anymore. You can have two (or more) different inputs yield the same string. (SSL and code signing certificates which used keys derived with md5 have catastrophically been forged)

It has probably been since 2008 that md5 has been generally know to be unreliable for security applications.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}
The Bank of Bitcoin provides solutions to Bitcoin's most troubling problems.
Especially your problem to get access to my coins, I presume.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
banks are like condoms. they work great until they fuck up then you get stuck with the burden.  Cheesy
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Activity: 7
Activity: 8
If man can make it then man can break it.
Activity: 57
Activity: 28
r3wt- I don't think you got the point.  The point is not whether or not md5 is able to be "cracked."  The point is to demonstrate that our pages have not been changed.  If you hash a text string with md5, as long as the input text string is the same, the resulting md5 hash will be the same.

You should have given it a full second.   Smiley
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
Explodicle- There is no "hashing code" to download.  The way it actually works is that the user visits our Paper Vault pages and downloads the source code for these pages according to the instructions at https://thebankofbitcoin.com/docs/check_for_yourself.php?lang=en.  The idea is that if this source remains unchanged then it has not been altered by a hacker, and no malicious code has been injected as you said.

There are many ways to check if this source code remains unchanged.  On the page listed above we provide instructions for doing this by using a online md5 hash generator.  The md5 hashes of the two pages in question should be 9cd21c1046322458a873a986ab3d6e37 and cd1b9831ea887c88faf25178de0b5f27.  I don't know if anyone has actually followed the instructions for checking the source code, but would be interested in their experience and any feedback on the process we have described.

reads this second paragraph. lets it sink in for exactly half a second. searches google for md5cracker.
g83
Activity: 448
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
Sounds like unsinkable titanic...
Explodicle- There is no "hashing code" to download.  The way it actually works is that the user visits our Paper Vault pages and downloads the source code for these pages according to the instructions at https://thebankofbitcoin.com/docs/check_for_yourself.php?lang=en.  The idea is that if this source remains unchanged then it has not been altered by a hacker, and no malicious code has been injected as you said.

There are many ways to check if this source code remains unchanged.  On the page listed above we provide instructions for doing this by using a online md5 hash generator.  The md5 hashes of the two pages in question should be 9cd21c1046322458a873a986ab3d6e37 and 6cc7f0c7505cec5b6fb2a2b2a16179f0.  I don't know if anyone has actually followed the instructions for checking the source code, but would be interested in their experience and any feedback on the process we have described.
I see no point in his, want to keep your BTC safe?use blockchain.info, i dont think its ever been hacked and the only time accounts have been stolen are due to phishers and viruses.
Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
I was thinking about your practice of displaying the hash of the Paper Wallet javascript to prevent the insertion of malicious code. When does the user download this hashing code which hashes the Paper Wallet's javascript? If they download it only once, it's similar to Armory. If they download it along with the Paper Wallet javascript, an attacker could also modify the code which displays the hash. Right?
firefop- We have never said that there are not other ways to accomplish similar things to the services we offer, but none that offer our range of services (with more to come) and integrate them in such a simple, convenient and accessible manner.  We do things differently, and in many ways we do things far better, and we are trying to make Bitcoin accessible to the masses, while preserving the anonymity and security which make Bitcoin what it is - and I think we are succeeding!

Anyone who cares to examine what we have done can see that a lot of really intensive work has gone into creating The Bank of Bitcoin; not exactly the hallmark of a scam.  Also, even if it was true that we were simply duplicating the services of others (which is certainly not what we are doing) your post is sort of like someone going into Burger King and shouting "This place is a scam, because there is a McDonald's down the street!"

Come now, you don't offer a single service that someone couldn't provide for themselves if they just did a little reading or used existing services. My whole point is where is the service level that would ever allow you to make any money off the venture? It simply isn't there. You're offering nothing new or even 'slightly better' than what already exists. This just screams 'long con' to me.

All that aside... you seem to be stuck on trying to provide services that are anathema to the generally accepted goals of bitcoin.
firefop- We have never said that there are not other ways to accomplish similar things to the services we offer, but none that offer our range of services (with more to come) and integrate them in such a simple, convenient and accessible manner.  We do things differently, and in many ways we do things far better, and we are trying to make Bitcoin accessible to the masses, while preserving the anonymity and security which make Bitcoin what it is - and I think we are succeeding!

Anyone who cares to examine what we have done can see that a lot of really intensive work has gone into creating The Bank of Bitcoin; not exactly the hallmark of a scam.  Also, even if it was true that we were simply duplicating the services of others (which is certainly not what we are doing) your post is sort of like someone going into Burger King and shouting "This place is a scam, because there is a McDonald's down the street!"

I am happy to see that now that some people have taken the time to examine and understand what The Bank of Bitcoin actually does and what we offer, we are starting to see some growing positivity here!  I also don't think it hurst that we recently added instructions on our site where we explain how someone can check our Paper Vault security for themselves: https://thebankofbitcoin.com/docs/check_for_yourself.php?lang=en

I will say again, just for anyone who may have missed it earlier, that our claims of "unhackable" apply specifically to our Paper Vaults, which are a paper printout of pairs of Bitcoin Addresses and Private Keys; these pairs generated on the user's own computer in such a way that the Private Keys are never transmitted over the Internet, and are printed by the user him- or herself. They are unhackable in the sense that you cannot hack a piece of paper.

And no, we are not going anywhere.  Smiley

I guess there are suckers born every minute.

Unhackable paper wallets aside...

At worst you're setting up some sort of scam : at best you're duplicating services that everyone already has access to.

There's no added value here and thus no legitimate profit potential.
I am happy to see that now that some people have taken the time to examine and understand what The Bank of Bitcoin actually does and what we offer, we are starting to see some growing positivity here!  I also don't think it hurst that we recently added instructions on our site where we explain how someone can check our Paper Vault security for themselves: https://thebankofbitcoin.com/docs/check_for_yourself.php?lang=en

I will say again, just for anyone who may have missed it earlier, that our claims of "unhackable" apply specifically to our Paper Vaults, which are a paper printout of pairs of Bitcoin Addresses and Private Keys; these pairs generated on the user's own computer in such a way that the Private Keys are never transmitted over the Internet, and are printed by the user him- or herself. They are unhackable in the sense that you cannot hack a piece of paper.

And no, we are not going anywhere.  Smiley

Activity: 42
this sounds like a great idea, keep the paper in fireproof safe
Activity: 253
It's probably not a good idea to just come out and say "unhackable", kinda puts you on the spot  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: